Page 1 of 23 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Mike MacDonald - New DC

Breaking news. I wonder if this was their plan all along? It also makes me think that Jim is definitely headed back to the NFL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Re: Mike MacDonald - New DC

I’ve seen reports that they are targeting him. Is it official now ?

Ya see, it was either going to be macdonald or another outsider, Technically mike is a inside hire, but spent time outside of charm city. This move is solid because of the fact alot of offenses in the nfl mimmick spread offenses in college, like per say, bracketing wide recievers using cover 1 and quaters. so mikey should have an idea how to stop some of these offense and get some sacks and stops. Something slob Martindale failed to do and talked alot of sht. basically a philosophical change in a nutshell from what i read and saw
    Last edited by Charmcityflex; 01-26-2022 at 04:27 PM.

Does anyone know if its official?

I saw few sites but none I know to be reputable.

He is a young coach, and from what I read he has gotten a ton of credit for how good Michigan was this year.

What is everyone's thoughts on him?

5. Re: Mike MacDonald - New DC

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    Does anyone know if its official?

I saw few sites but none I know to be reputable.

He is a young coach, and from what I read he has gotten a ton of credit for how good Michigan was this year.

What is everyone's thoughts on him?
    I dont have much of an opinion of him but Im glad the Ravens are embracing the youth movement when it comes to coaching hires.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

He turned Michigan’s defense around. Seems to have some good ideas for that side of the ball.

If the Ravens have a kickass D in 2022, he will get HC looks in 2023. Book it.

First off, this means the general base defense is likely still going to be a 3-4. But we should know that all sorts of formations will be used defensively, as usual.

Second, Aidan Hutchinson is likely long gone by the Ravens pick, and they'd have to move up too far to get him. But you have to think this brings David Ojabo into play in Rd 1. Maybe they can trade up into late Rd 1 for him?

Another player that played under McDonald that may be there in Rd 2/3 is safety Daxton Hill, another one of those Slot CB / FS types like Brandon Stephens and Ar'Darius Washington. Will definitely at least be on the Ravens' radar.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    First off, this means the general base defense is likely still going to be a 3-4. But we should know that all sorts of formations will be used defensively, as usual.

Second, Aidan Hutchinson is likely long gone by the Ravens pick, and they'd have to move up too far to get him. But you have to think this brings David Ojabo into play in Rd 1. Maybe they can trade up into late Rd 1 for him?

Another player that played under McDonald that may be there in Rd 2/3 is safety Daxton Hill, another one of those Slot CB / FS types like Brandon Stephens and Ar'Darius Washington. Will definitely at least be on the Ravens' radar.
    Also have to think the Ravens will be checking out Hassan Haskins and getting some scoop on him.

Can’t have too many good RB’s in this system.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Also have to think the Ravens will be checking out Hassan Haskins and getting some scoop on him.

Preach Brother Wicked! I said this in the first Cool-X draft thread. We NEED quality RBs on their roster.

Nothing changes but the date.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

I was thinking the same thing. Haskins style is very similar to Gus Edwards. Downhill/one cut. Maybe a 5th or one of those compensatory 4ths.
    McDonald also saw Travon Walker up close and personal in the playoffs. I think he is the best 3-4 lineman in the draft that can create interior rush.

Jeff Zrebiec
    @jeffzrebiec
    ·
    18m
    Nothing finalized yet for the Ravens but as others have said, Michigan DC Mike Macdonald has emerged as Ravens top choice for their DC job. Macdonald interviewed in 2018 for same job that went to Wink Martindale. Now he looks like Martindale’s likely successor.