Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Mike MacDonald - New DC

Not much of an opinion other than I’m glad it’s a younger coach. Wish it would have been someone that never had any prior experience in this defensive system, but I guess we can’t have everything.

I am not going to try and equate college success to what he will bring to the NFL. Michigan always has a good defense but the BIG 10 is notorious for having awful offenses to begin with.

We will see what he can do here.

This is not a done deal yet

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Also have to think the Ravens will be checking out Hassan Haskins and getting some scoop on him.

Can’t have too many good RB’s in this system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If we draft Haskins, justice hill will be on the outside, looking in. How cruel would it be if we draft his younger brother, Daxton.. only to release Justice. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    If Mike MacDonald works out he's a potential Harbaugh replacement later on if he doesn't get poached by another NFL team first.
    Whoa now. Let’s not get ahead of ourself. Harbs getting extended to match the years left on Sean Payton’s contract. The future head coach of the Baltimore ravens.

If this indeed comes to pass it seems like a solid solution.
    I was cool with Wink staying, but this also works in my world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is he bringing is his own coaching staff?

For the record, as stated in the "predict who they hire thread" I consider this to be an internal hire.

I also don't see their past DCs as true internal hires, since they built their careers elsewhere and were hired to wait in the weeds for a year or two before being named DC. That would have been Anthony Weaver.

This is really their first truly internally developed DC ever. He started as an intern with the team after being a college grad assistant and quality control coach at Georgia.
    "That's what."
    — She

Good hire. This just seemed meant to be. I think he will do a great job. A few of us have complained about not hiring younger coordinators. I’m happy to be proven wrong.

Sounds promising.
    https://twitter.com/MikeMacUM/status...XBrV7Iv5A&s=19

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Davesta View Post
    Whoa now. Let’s not get ahead of ourself. Harbs getting extended to match the years left on Sean Payton’s contract. The future head coach of the Baltimore ravens.
    Harbaugh might decide to retire at some point unless he plans to coach forever like Belichick. Also if the Ravens disappoint it’s possible Bisciotti looks at McDonald as his guy now if the defense does well.

Blog Entries

Now go and trade up with the Texans to get Aidan Hutchison... lol one can dream

Quote Originally Posted by TDL1000 View Post
    Sounds promising.
    https://twitter.com/MikeMacUM/status...XBrV7Iv5A&s=19

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
    Even the fans in the comment section love this guy. Rich Eisen, who’s a Michigan fan, is PISSED that we took him back.

https://youtu.be/H9XhqJBe4-c