Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Mike MacDonald - New DC

From what I saw of there Michigan defense I think of MacDonald as similar to Wink but more flexible if things are not going slo well. Web tends to play a little softer in coverage maybe? At any rate that defense did not allow many big plays and no plays where the downfield WR was just wide open. Which is what I mean by softer. And he will change things around if he needs to.

There was some good talent on that defense, especially at EDGE so there was less blitzing. DTs pushed the pocket but otherwise were not great pass rushers. But don't take that too literally as it isn't like MacDonald in his one year had his choice of defenders to play: he went with what he had an thereby improved them a ton.

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post

Another player that played under McDonald that may be there in Rd 2/3 is safety Daxton Hill, another one of those Slot CB / FS types like Brandon Stephens and Ar'Darius Washington. Will definitely at least be on the Ravens' radar.
    YES!!! I would love Hill. Can play anywhere in the backend. And improvement on Young or Stepherns.

Feels like Daxton Hill and Chris Hinton are both coming to Baltimore now and I'd be more than ecstatic about that

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Feels like Daxton Hill and Chris Hinton are both coming to Baltimore now and I'd be more than ecstatic about that
    If Hills fall to the 2nd round (which i doubt. He’s going to test thru the roof at the combine), imma be screaming at the tv hoping ravens package something to move up to grab him

Blog Entries

Absolutely love this move. It's who I was hoping for

Didn’t he used to perform with the Doobie Brothers?

Quote Originally Posted by Davesta View Post
    If Hills fall to the 2nd round (which i doubt. He’s going to test thru the roof at the combine), imma be screaming at the tv hoping ravens package something to move up to grab him
    Hills going in the first. If that's who we want, I wouldn't even risk trading down and missing out.

Blog Entries

This is the guy I thought was the best fit. Hope they get it done.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Breaking news. I wonder if this was their plan all along? It also makes me think that Jim is definitely headed back to the NFL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think you're right. With 9 openings you have to figure that Jim could get some offers

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Absolutely love this move. It's who I was hoping for
    MacDonald is someone they know and are comfortable with. It makes a lot of sense. I like the hire

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    MacDonald is someone they know and are comfortable with. It makes a lot of sense. I like the hire
    It's an improvement over wink and that alone makes us better. I don't recall anybody on RSR liking the wink promotion

I'm pretty happy. No offense to Weaver, who was probably the fall back position. Just guessing. But I think MacDonald would have gotten the job a year ago had the Giants hired Wink instead of Judge.

I think he's going to be a steadier presence and good teacher.

I expect Rob Ryan to go, and MacDonald will certainly have ideas about who he wants coaching ILBs.

The ILB coach at Michigan under MacDonald is George Helo. I only know this because MacDonald hired him away from Maryland after he had spent one year as Locksley's ILB/Special Teams coach. Locksley knew Helo from his days at Alabama. Helo also coached at GA and FSU, so a great college pedigree. Perhaps not enough NFL experience, but I always say hire the smartest person regardless if they have done that particular job before.
    "That's what."
    — She

Can we package Rob Ryan and GRo and send them to somebody for an RT?
    "CARPE LOMBARDI"