Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Eisenberg: Ravens Should Double Down on Who They Already Are

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    THat is what he does. He tried doing the same crap with me the past two weeks.

If you have not learned lately, there are a group of board members who see no fault with Harbaugh or Roman. They blindly support them no matter what and then try and tell you if you do not like it go root for another team.

Shit is hilarious. Facts hurt their feelings.
    Harbologists and the Romanettes, LOL.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    How good does the O line have to be, if a line featuring Stanley, Bozeman, Yanda and Brown wasn't good enough? All 4 of them did or will get paid well above average salaries for their positions.

Maybe the problem was never execution, maybe the problem was that all Roman's heavy sets brought too many defenders into the box. No matter how good an O lineman is, he can't block multiple defenders on every play.

If we need a line even better than in 2019 that to make Roman's scheme work, then it isn't a very good of flexible scheme.
    I agree that Roman's pass blocking schemes really need to be reworked. More so than his need to run is his lack of giving his QB time and room in the pocket to throw. I hope we see some differences and improvements moving forward.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Ok, I went back up, and I misquoted my own often used stat. My apologies. We were top scoring in 2019 and the aggregate of 2019 and 2020. I often use that stat to denote a pattern of excellence and domination as this past season was the clear outlier due to injuries.

I wasn’t the one bring up the 3rd ranked rushing offense nor did I forget the scoring offense dropped.

I juries derailed this past season in a terrible way. Let’s see how dominating it can once again be with Qb, LT, RB1, RB2 and TE2 all back in the fold. It was a testament to how good this scheme is that we finished 3rd in rushing without all that talent in the field.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    All good, we can agree to disagree, but I too would like to see what we can do with our full staff back and healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Harbologists and the Romanettes, LOL.
    I need to get shirt or a jersey made up with that shit and auction it off on here. lol

The shit is hilarious.

I love the Orioles, but damn I bet if I criticized Peter Angelos I would get crucified by certain people on this board because you cannot at any time ever question something.

Quote Originally Posted by InigoMontoya View Post
    I agree that Roman's pass blocking schemes really need to be reworked. More so than his need to run is his lack of giving his QB time and room in the pocket to throw. I hope we see some differences and improvements moving forward.
    I agree but if his pass blocking and pass protection needs to be reworked, and I presume you also agree that his passing play design isn't good either, what is Roman bringing to the role of OC? Isn't he just an over-promoted run game cooordinator, in that case?

Expecting Roman's offense to change is a long shot, when it has never changed throughout his career. He hasn't been able to solve the conundrum of defenses crowding the box, even though he's had 3 years to work on it.

I expect next year to look the same as every other year. The Ravens will win most weeks and then run aground in the biggest moments (key division games and the playoffs, if we make it) when the opponent is highly motivated to put in place a specific Ravens defensive game plan.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Has this QB ever had a dominating performance in the playoffs?

Last year vs. Tennessee? No qb in playoff history has had a 300 yard passing game combined with a 100 yard rushing day. That 50 yard TD was dominant.

Choose your adjective but its certainly historic and unmatched in terms of NFL playoff history.
    "Did Ed Reed get the respect that he deserves? No he did not...Am I gonna get it? Probably won't. Hopefully he do. If I don't, then, hey, man, I'm alright with me." - Ed Reed

Quote Originally Posted by GA_Baltimorean View Post
    All good, we can agree to disagree, but I too would like to see what we can do with our full staff back and healthy.

I agree we should all be able to disagree, but on this board certain topics are off limits for a chosen few.

I was probably one of the first posters bringing up the injuries. Its a problem and it has been a constant problem including 2019 when some think it wasnt. They were still the 7th most injury plagued team, same with 2021 7th again.

Healthy players should be immediate priority for the entire organization. They should not even entertain signing someone with an injury history any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Jam31 View Post
    Last year vs. Tennessee? No qb in playoff history has had a 300 yard passing game combined with a 100 yard rushing day. That 50 yard TD was dominant.

Choose your adjective but its certainly historic and unmatched in terms of NFL playoff history.
    I'd argue his 2019 performance against Tennessee was impressive, in its way.

Roman's offensive system crashed to earth and offered Lamar nothing against Pees defensive approach, the RBs ran for 42 yards total, Andrews had his worst game as a Raven, yet Lamar somehow put up 500 yards of offense basically improvising on his own, with only Hollywood helping out. And he did all that with Tennessee blowing up the Ravens O line the way they did to Cincinnati.

If that performance had been supported by the rest of the offense, the Ravens might have made that game close.

I agree but if his pass blocking and pass protection needs to be reworked, and I presume you also agree that his passing play design isn't good either, what is Roman bringing to the role of OC? Isn't he just an over-promoted run game cooordinator, in that case?

Expecting Roman's offense to change is a long shot, when it has never changed throughout his career. He hasn't been able to solve the conundrum of defenses crowding the box, even though he's had 3 years to work on it.

I expect next year to look the same as every other year. The Ravens will win most weeks and then run aground in the biggest moments (key division games and the playoffs, if we make it) when the opponent is highly motivated to put in place a specific Ravens defensive game plan.
    It didn’t change to start the season when Lamar led the league in ADoT? When the board was giving all the credit to our new WR coaches? Sure looked like it to me….

It didn’t change again when Lamar went down and it became a quick Rhythm short drop offense? Sure looked it to me….

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jam31 View Post

Great post.

Blog Entries

I'd argue his 2019 performance against Tennessee was impressive, in its way.

Roman's offensive system crashed to earth and offered Lamar nothing against Pees defensive approach, the RBs ran for 42 yards total, Andrews had his worst game as a Raven, yet Lamar somehow put up 500 yards of offense basically improvising on his own, with only Hollywood helping out. And he did all that with Tennessee blowing up the Ravens O line the way they did to Cincinnati.

If that performance had been supported by the rest of the offense, the Ravens might have made that game close.
    Hero ball. Which is what gets called when all else fails in this offense.

His routes for receivers frustrate me at times, but I do think his is an efficient passing offense. A passing game that really seems to ratchet up to a higher gear at the end of the 4th quarter. Tome the problem in the playoffs is more an issue of individual players just not outplaying the person they're lined up with, then it is scheme. Still, I'd like to see some changes, and if the offense fizzles in the playoffs again, I think it would be time for a new OC.