Lamar Jackson vs the Fearsome Rams Defense

It was one thing to put up points against the Dolphins but what about the Rams? Having to face Aaron Donald, Flowers, Jalen Ramsey, and Eric Weddle. This defense was not only dangerous but playing at home on Monday night football? This was my favorite game from Lamar Jackson lol!!

Re: Lamar Jackson vs the Fearsome Rams Defense

I was at the game lol. It was more ravens/Lamar fans than rams fans. It was pretty incredible to witness that game in person

Probably me favorite Lamar game. This or the Sunday night game against the Pats that season. Remember the talking heads were saying that the Pats defense may be one of the best in history and if I recall we were really overlooked that game. We came out and punched them in the mouth

One really bad thing happened - Skura got hurt and that ended up mattering.

Eric Weddle's interview after is still one of my favorite things from that year
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Quote Originally Posted by simplesimon View Post

It was one thing to put up points against the Dolphins but what about the Rams? Having to face Aaron Donald, Flowers, Jalen Ramsey, and Eric Weddle. This defense was not only dangerous but playing at home on Monday night football? This was my favorite game from Lamar Jackson lol!!
    That was my favorite game of the season and a great memory of being with my Dad watching football. I gave him a Lamar Jersey that night and we had a great time watching him dominate.

Blog Entries

Lamar was killing it that game....
    Getting the ball out on time
    Handling the pass rush
    Great mechanics arm angle, dropback footwork, wide base

"Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    Lamar was killing it that game....
    Getting the ball out on time
    Handling the pass rush
    Great mechanics arm angle, dropback footwork, wide base

This isn't by accident. Lost somehow by the Roman is the cause of everything that's wrong crowd is that Lamar looked great from the pocket in 2019 because he generally had a clean pocket to throw from. Why? Because we were healthy and had the most dominate run game in modern NFL history. Teams had to sell out to stop the run, and were always overreacting to play action and the Read Option. He could set his feet, read the field, and get the ball out.

He wasn't having to run for his life every other play.

If we get back to that there is no reason he can't do what he did in 2019.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TIGERBLOOD View Post
    This isn't by accident. Lost somehow by the Roman is the cause of everything that's wrong crowd is that Lamar looked great from the pocket in 2019 because he generally had a clean pocket to throw from. Why? Because we were healthy and had the most dominate run game in modern NFL history. Teams had to sell out to stop the run, and were always overreacting to play action and the Read Option. He could set his feet, read the field, and get the ball out.

No doubt the OL was better but not its just not the OL though.
    Lamar was better.
    There's bodies all around him that game.
    He was climbing the pocket, getting the ball out on time.
    In 2019 Lamar was one of the better QBs against pressure.
    In 2019 Lamar was Burrow vs pressure.
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

10. Re: Lamar Jackson vs the Fearsome Rams Defense

Lamar was getting rid of the ball much faster, just over 2 seconds. He held on to the ball much longer this season, trying to make big plays downfield. Got to get him back to having a much quicker release throwing the ball. If receivers aren't open just throw the ball out of bounds.

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    No doubt the OL was better but not its just not the OL though.
    Lamar was better.
    There's bodies all around him that game.
    He was climbing the pocket, getting the ball out on time.
    In 2019 Lamar was one of the better QBs against pressure.
    In 2019 Lamar was Burrow vs pressure.
    I agree, but the running game always helps the Oline as well. I think having engaged bodies around you in the pocket is different than having free runners coming at you. IMO, that was a big difference between 2019-2020, and this year.

He didn't even have a pocket to climb into at times this year.

I also think he was out of shape this year and didn't prepare like he should have, for whatever reason. I don't think it was any one thing.

Quote Originally Posted by TIGERBLOOD View Post

Somehow lost by all the Romanettes in that laughable argument is the true fact that has followed him everywhere he has ever been an OC or head coach. Teams just were not ready for it and it took time to adjust. That is 100% on Roman and his garbage ass scheme.

Once teams adapt and stack the box and shut down all the rush lanes like has happened everywhere he has ever coached the same thing happens. HIs offenses fail and his ass gets shit canned. You ever wonder why he is still not with the 49ers or Bills? Its blatantly obvious.

Its not accident that Roman has pretty much been employed by the Ravens or a Harbaugh family member over most of the past 20 years.

You can try and blame Lamar and Pimp Huntley all you want. But anyone can see history repeats itself and its 100% Romans scheme as the problem and what's holding the offense back.