Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Ravens nearing extension with Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by ArgentinaRaven View Post
    and it's very good
    Agreed. I'm a fan of continuity when you have a competent coach. Sure, there are quirks about Harbaugh that annoy me, but all in all I don't want a change. I don't buy the argument you have to change to coach to change the result.
    "That's what."
    — She

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    That is what’s ridiculous.

How many coordinators need to be fired or “wink wink” mutually part ways before his lame duck ass gets shit canned???

He has to have now gone through more coordinators than any other coach in the league right?

Anyone know if anyone is worse? You can’t count bellicheck because every team hires his coaches trying to learn his secrets

But Harbaugh has to have gone through more coordinators than anyone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regardless of all that Harbaugh is still has the sixth best winning percentage out of current active head coaches in the league. If he got fired today do you really think he would be treated like a lame duck? I highly doubt it and I think just about every team that needs a head coach would be calling for him to name his price but the messed up apart about this is . Most of us got this negative feeling about Harbaugh cause of Greg Roman which I understand but you guys got to relax.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    If I'm remembering it correctly Billick was fired just one year into a contract extension, so if the Ravens to disappoint next year I don't think it means Harbaugh is safe. But Bisciotti hired Harbaugh and inherited Billick, so I think even with a bad year in 2022 there won't be a change at head coach.
    Right, I'm just saying in how I will view it, a shorter extension, say 2 years, tells me they believe in him but only to a point, and need to see them back in contention right away, a more lengthy extension would tell me they see this season as a hiccup, they still have full faith in Harbaugh, and believe the program is heading in the right direction. Neither would stop him from being fired next year if things went that way, just my perspective of how they view him right now. If that makes sense.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    Especially at stable and well run organization like the Ravens with a supportive owner and a competent front office. Not to mention a top 10 QB.

Harbaugh has only really achieved about the bare minimum that would be expected with all those advantages over the last 9 seasons.
    Agreed. I said one playoff win. It's actually two. But, without Flacco getting hurt in 2018 and Lamar saving the season, maybe Harbaugh gets canned. That would have been 4 seasons out of 5 missing the playoffs. It's not an exaggeration to say that Lamar likely saved Harbaugh's job.

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Agreed. I'm a fan of continuity when you have a competent coach. Sure, there are quirks about Harbaugh that annoy me, but all in all I don't want a change. I don't buy the argument you have to change to coach to change the result.
    just don't let him pick tackles jajja

Celebrate!

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    That word continuity is preached and misused as much as analytics have been by this front office.

Mediocrity is what we’ve been getting for the sake of continuity.

Id rather see the hard choices made to try get better

That word continuity is preached and misused as much as analytics have been by this front office.

Mediocrity is what we’ve been getting for the sake of continuity.

Id rather see the hard choices made to try get better

Exactly. Nobody cares if you have a winning record, eek into the playoffs and get quickly dismissed. Lots of coaches manage that.

Ravens nearing extension with Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz1988 View Post
    Regardless of all that Harbaugh is still has the sixth best winning percentage out of current active head coaches in the league. If he got fired today do you really think he would be treated like a lame duck? I highly doubt it and I think just about every team that needs a head coach would be calling for him to name his price but the messed up apart about this is . Most of us got this negative feeling about Harbaugh cause of Greg Roman which I understand but you guys got to relax.
    Not me. I’ve called Harbaugh a fraud long before Greg Roman.

Like I’ve said. How many Damn coordinators need to be fired before he goes?

We’re seeing Jeff fisher 2.0. He continues to skate by on his name and not much else

How many coordinators is this guy gonna go through before the blame falls on him? Haven't sniffed playoff success in over a decade.

Not me. I’ve called Harbaugh a fraud long before Greg Roman.

Like I’ve said. How many Damn coordinators need to be fired before he goes?

We’re seeing Jeff fisher 2.0. He continues to skate by on his name and not much else

You don't got like the guy but men lie and women lie but numbers don't. Harbaugh is still has the sixth best winning percentage out of current active head coaches in the league but you don't have to like him though.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryBird View Post
    How many coordinators is this guy gonna go through before the blame falls on him? Haven't sniffed playoff success in over a decade.
    What does “sniffing” playoff success mean?

I’d argue divisional round 2 of the last 3 years is more than sniffing lol. But there’s no talking to yall.