Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2829303132 LastLast

Re: Ravens nearing extension with Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    I think Hue felt stuck behind Cam in Baltimore. Cam would last more seasons and Ravens OC after Hue left for Oakland, and was in a fairly low assistant position with the Bengals after Cam was finally fired. I never heard why he wasn't considered as the OC in Baltimore when Kubiak was selected at the eleventh hour in '13 (after Cam was canned in '12 and Caldwell got the Detroit HC job). I know Hue jumped around a lot and was pretty abrasive when it came to inter-staff stuff.
    There was a good amount of stuff going around at the time that Hue had a toxic personality and a penchant for stabbing folks in the back. I think he was also smashing Anita Marks back then and there was speculation he was leaking family business. Or was that Willis? I can't remember now...14 years goes fast.

In Oakland, he was named head coach after they fired Tom cable but during the year Al Davis died. There were rumblings that Hue was whispering behind his back to Davis. He lost his main advocate and I think he tried to usurp more power in an attempt to stay HC but that didn't go well with Mark and new GM Reggie McKenzie. Plus the guy like never took the blame when shit went bad...like ever.

Article from when that stuff was going down"

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...on-to-fire-me/

Didn't know the specifics but that fits with my general impression and why I figured he was not even mentioned as a candidate the considered to come back as OC.
    "That's what."
    — She

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by veritas View Post
    The one constant in our struggles since 2012 is Harbaugh yet he's the one guy never held to account.
    He also had successes. On the field, the number 1 seed in 2019, playoff wins in two different postseasons (and the Ravens would have made the SB in 2014 if the Patriots were not cheating). Off the field, a respected organization where players take less to come play for.

Quote Originally Posted by Uli2001 View Post
    He also had successes. On the field, the number 1 seed in 2019, playoff wins in two different postseasons (and the Ravens would have made the SB in 2014 if the Patriots were not cheating). Off the field, a respected organization where players take less to come play for.
    Between the Evans Cundiff debacle of 2011 and the Bellichick Tomfoolery of 2014, Harbs really could have made the SB 3x in 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    There was a good amount of stuff going around at the time that Hue had a toxic personality and a penchant for stabbing folks in the back. I think he was also smashing Anita Marks back then and there was speculation he was leaking family business. Or was that Willis? I can't remember now...14 years goes fast.

In Oakland, he was named head coach after they fired Tom cable but during the year Al Davis died. There were rumblings that Hue was whispering behind his back to Davis. He lost his main advocate and I think he tried to usurp more power in an attempt to stay HC but that didn't go well with Mark and new GM Reggie McKenzie. Plus the guy like never took the blame when shit went bad...like ever.

I thought Willie was the one plugging Anita Marks. Scoot Gaurcu use to make little remarks at her for all the ball swinging she did to Willis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your Home Timeline

Jeff Zrebiec
    @jeffzrebiec
    ·
    1m
    Ravens also announce timing of three press conferences next week.
    Monday: John Harbaugh's season-ending PC
    Tuesday: Mike Macdonald's introductory PC
    Friday: Eric DeCosta's season-ending PC

Harbaugh extension Monday

Quote Originally Posted by jhoff66 View Post
    Your Home Timeline

Jeff Zrebiec
    @jeffzrebiec
    ·
    1m
    Ravens also announce timing of three press conferences next week.
    Monday: John Harbaugh's season-ending PC
    Tuesday: Mike Macdonald's introductory PC
    Friday: Eric DeCosta's season-ending PC

Harbaugh extension Monday
    Sounds like a good week for certain posters to take an island vacation. Preferably an island with no internet or cellular.
    "That's what."
    — She

Blog Entries

Sounds like a good week for certain posters to take an island vacation. Preferably an island with no internet or cellular.
    You mean the ones that want Gro & Habrs gone? Yeah, they get a big cup’o:

Blog Entries

Most interested to hear what DeCosta has to say.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

I know someone who does work for the Ravens at times. Do you want me to see if I can score you a Pass to Harbaughs Presser?

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post

He pushed for the Raiders trading a freaking heap of picks for Carson Palmer and it didn't work out that well. He blamed a lot on his players I think when things went south at the end of the season. I still remember his "I'm going to be more involved in the player evaluations and selecting players" end of year presser with the Raiders. He was fired shortly after that.

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OhThePossibilities View Post
    Between the Evans Cundiff debacle of 2011 and the Bellichick Tomfoolery of 2014, Harbs really could have made the SB 3x in 4 years.
    Wasn't just Belichick. If you have the full game tape with commercials, you will see that every time Patriots had the momentum during both come backs, Ravens got zero TV timeouts so the defense could not rest and Patriots got TV timeouts when they needed them. It was incredibly strange. Kraft was sitting in his box with the TV president (highlighted during the game) and telling him when to use the TV TOs between scores and when not to use them.
    My Patriots fan buddy has had season tickets forever and was at the game. He said that it was the strangest game he had ever been to in terms of pacing.

A lot of cheating was going on that night