Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
I think Hue felt stuck behind Cam in Baltimore. Cam would last more seasons and Ravens OC after Hue left for Oakland, and was in a fairly low assistant position with the Bengals after Cam was finally fired. I never heard why he wasn't considered as the OC in Baltimore when Kubiak was selected at the eleventh hour in '13 (after Cam was canned in '12 and Caldwell got the Detroit HC job). I know Hue jumped around a lot and was pretty abrasive when it came to inter-staff stuff.
There was a good amount of stuff going around at the time that Hue had a toxic personality and a penchant for stabbing folks in the back. I think he was also smashing Anita Marks back then and there was speculation he was leaking family business. Or was that Willis? I can't remember now...14 years goes fast.

In Oakland, he was named head coach after they fired Tom cable but during the year Al Davis died. There were rumblings that Hue was whispering behind his back to Davis. He lost his main advocate and I think he tried to usurp more power in an attempt to stay HC but that didn't go well with Mark and new GM Reggie McKenzie. Plus the guy like never took the blame when shit went bad...like ever.

Article from when that stuff was going down"

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...on-to-fire-me/