Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Jeremiah's first mock draft pick for the Ravens

We all know he used to work in the scouting department for the Ravens and has hit on a lot of our past draft picks. In this mock draft he is picking a small school OT Trevor Penning.

https://ravenswire.usatoday.com/2022...22-mock-draft/

I could see this being a classic Ravens type pick. I think we'd be better off trading back and taking him if we could as 14 seems a bit high for Penning. But he could be potentially be a day 1 starter and an upgrade over what we had this past season.

I'd rather we go defense and have shared my thoughts on not having to invest that much into the OL (providing the Ravens are confident in Stanley coming back) but would not be too upset with this pick.

Re: Jeremiah's first mock draft pick for the Ravens

If the take a tackle at 14 then either James or Stanley may have career ending injuries. If theu don't take a tackle o think the feel comfortable with James and Stanley and would look to add a swing tackle through FA. I suspect they will look to add to the DL and go there with the 1st pick.

14 is not high for Penning IMO. He goes later on these garbage mock draft Sims but he’s one of the best players in the draft

I’m hoping BPA at the 14th pick is an edge rusher, but I don’t have any issue with the Ravens drafting an OT. The Ravens need a better backup plan than Villanueva in case Stanley doesn’t play.

I wanted to Ravens to draft an OT in the first three rounds last year and nothing has changed this year. Ravens also need to bring in a guard or center in addition.

Waste of resources

Blog Entries

Jeremiah's first mock draft pick for the Ravens

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    14 is not high for Penning IMO. He goes later on these garbage mock draft Sims but he’s one of the best players in the draft
    I like Penning a lot as an OT prospect, but I haven’t heard that Penning is a definitively better OT than Spencer Brown who came out of Northern Iowa last year. Brown was a third round pick. I was hoping the Ravens would be able to get Penning in the second round in this year’s draft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

This year's draft needs is really a toss up in the 1st round. BPA among tackles, edge rushers or CBs needed to be targeted. We desperately need to get to the QB so I'm hoping for an edge rusher.
    Bleed Purple but don't be a homer

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    I like Penning a lot as an OT prospect, but I haven’t heard that Penning is a definitively better OT than Spencer Brown who came out of Northern Iowa last year. Brown was a third round pick. I was hoping the Ravens would be able to get Penning in the second round in this year’s draft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I haven’t “heard” anything either. I’ve just watched both players. Zero chance Penning is there at our 2nd round pick. He could slip out of R1, but IMO it would be a mistake.

I think he's right that it's going to be a Tackle, I'm not sure on Penning, I'd prefer Ekwonu, Cross, Green or Petit frere.
    Ekwonu is a m*****fucker, we need that rudeness

Quote Originally Posted by ArgentinaRaven View Post
    I think he's right that it's going to be a Tackle, I'm not sure on Penning, I'd prefer Ekwonu, Cross, Green or Petit frere.
    Ekwonu is a m*****fucker, we need that rudeness
    Definitely agree on Ekwonu, I think he’s a top 10 lock. Probably top 5.

Cross I think I agree with. Green it depends what you want and I think Penning is just head and shoulders above Petit Frere

petit frere I don't know if it will be 1 round, I don't think so, nor do I think about Penning, in this case the opposition he had is an important difference.
    Penning did not abuse his opposition, he made a difference but not what was expected for a first round as they speak. Petit Frere seems to me more plug and play in LT, Rt or swing.
    if we go Tackle Neal, Ekwonu or Cross should be the pick at 14.
    if none of them is there, I guess Cb would be the option

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    This year's draft needs is really a toss up in the 1st round. BPA among tackles, edge rushers or CBs needed to be targeted. We desperately need to get to the QB so I'm hoping for an edge rusher.
    I completely agree when it comes to determining BPA this year. There are a lot of guys very close so it will come down to personal preference. Pass rusher seems to be the toughest of the group though. I don't think there are as many top ones as we've seen in recent years once you get past the top 2.