Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Chiefs Bills Game Should Scare Ravens Fans

NFL means not for long. I wouldn’t worry about what other teams are doing. Remember when Bucs were guaranteed to repeat because they brought their entire roster back? Things change quickly.
    Last edited by s.r.genovese; 01-24-2022 at 10:34 AM.

There are injuries and then key injuries. We lost our entire running game less LJ before the season, our best cb, Wolfe on the d line and a lb. Then in season we lost another pro bowl cb, a safety, our left tackle and we’re down one o lineman just about every week. Our returning injured players like Boyle and Richard were never 100% and missed half the season. We were a MASH team filled in with street pickups who just ran out of gas. Cut those injuries in half and we easily make the playoffs. Repeat them and we won’t.

Quote Originally Posted by balbomb View Post
    Our immediate future, next three years, truly has a dim outlook with these stud QBs all in the AFC. Mahomes and Allen are just on another level that with all of the league rules favoring the offense, simply cannot be stopped without the most elite defensive efforts. Not to mention that they seem to improve when the stakes are the highest. While not on their level yet, it also looks like Burrow or Herbert certainly have a ceiling that they can be part of that elite class.

It will truly take an incredible organizational performance in the next few years from the coach to the qb to the front office on down to compete with these elite qbs, and the margin of error is insanely small. It will also take a lot of outside the box thinking to overcome the deficiencies at qb, and that is the part that worries me the most because we just dismissed a unique defensive thinker and are stuck with a high school offense with Roman.
    Oh good grief are you serious? Did we not beat the Chiefs THIS YEAR! Have we not beaten the Bills lead by Allen in the past? God where do some of you Ravens fans get this stuff from. Where?

Quote Originally Posted by Jay D83 View Post
    I swear, this fanbase has the biggest cases of 'chicken littles' and 'inferiority complexes' that I've ever seen.

SMH.
    Bingo! And we have a winner!

Quote Originally Posted by Jfoh View Post
    There are injuries and then key injuries. We lost our entire running game less LJ before the season, our best cb, Wolfe on the d line and a lb. Then in season we lost another pro bowl cb, a safety, our left tackle and we’re down one o lineman just about every week. Our returning injured players like Boyle and Richard were never 100% and missed half the season. We were a MASH team filled in with street pickups who just ran out of gas. Cut those injuries in half and we easily make the playoffs. Repeat them and we won’t.
    It’s really that simple. Great rundown Jfoh.

With the two running backs and Boyle and Ricard being in some quasi status all year, that was a killer. The Ravens were not trying to be the Chiefs, they are trying something different with an elite running QB and balanced running attack as the primary feature. It had numbers to match the outrageous claim to being the best running game the NFL has ever seen … then *poof* both running back - gone. Best blocking TE - gone. Best blocking FB - gone. QB not quite the same and then gone.

The Ravens executed a plan for the season that didn’t exist in training camp - to become a wholly passing offense.

I thought they might be able to get some street RBs and get them going in the system, but the system never could get gelled with the o-line shuffles and returns of Ricard, Boyle and Stanley going in halts and starts.

That’s not even going into the defense, which looked like it could improve to be above average before Elliot and Humphrey went down. Shit, Tavon Young became the continuity for the whole CB group. Think about that.

Anyway, they might have been a playoff team but after the two starting RBs went down teams weren’t scared of the Ravens any more.

i actually think jackson helps us beat chefs as we have an offense, if we get a lead, to take the air out of the ball. what this game told me was to draft DL that can get to the passer and CBs/S that can defend against the run. and also and BTW, the bills messed up on the pas to Kelcie that got the tying FG, the outside CB was playing the sideline when he should have not been doing that. at that stage yards counted more and he should have moved to cover travis as no one was going to go to the side line

We have Lamar apologists and Lamar haters all over the place. At his best he is a very exciting player who I enjoy watching. Not saying not to keep him, but playing devils advocate here I don’t think the Ravens style offense even at it’s best will ever bring home a Lombardi trophy. I just hope the team gets healthy next year, they make the right moves and prove me wrong.
    Baltimore Football Championships
    Ravens 2000, 2012
    Stallions 95 CFL
    Stars 85 USFL
    Colts 58, 59, 70

Blog Entries

Perhaps the OP should not have used the words "scare" and "dim outlook". I think the Ravens have a bright future. But I think we all recognize that Mahomes and Allen (Burrow is emerging) are stars that the Ravens will have to contend with for many years to come. But the Ravens have Lamar and he's hard to beat when he's healthy.

Usual garbage from usual garbage posters. Nothing to see here.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    But.....but.....injuries. As long as everyone comes back healthy, we should be fine.
    I don't get why we shouldn't point out the obvious though?

Injuries are the reason we missed the play offs. There is no question about that.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaRaven View Post
    Damn this reads like copy and paste from the Flacco post super bowl years.
    Exactly. This type of reasoning will stagnate a franchise.

afraid? why? We have always stood up to them, we have won / lost and none of them passed us by.
    Let them underestimate us if they want, we will surprise them.
    and whoever is afraid should be a fan of another team.
    we are the ravens