Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Ben Rothlisberger Officially Retires

https://twitter.com/_BigBen7/status/...802433541?s=20

I still think he will change his mind down the road and come back.

Re: Ben Rothlisberger Officially Retires

Bad timing for Pittsburgh QBs are slim pickings this year. Jimmy G will land somewhere, probably Rodgers probably Watson but both those guys have question marks.

I think Mitch Trubisky could very well be a starter somewhere next year. I’m just glad we have LJ at least for 2022.

Who we gonna hate on now?

For some reason and idk why, I can see Kirk Cousins going to the Steelers. Jimmy G makes sense, but he may be safe for another year if they make it to the SB.

Quote Originally Posted by GA_Baltimorean View Post
    For some reason and idk why, I can see Kirk Cousins going to the Steelers. Jimmy G makes sense, but he may be safe for another year if they make it to the SB.
    They took Lance THIRD overall he will start next year

I'm gonna miss those games man the rivalry just lost alot of shine it shows there's a change of the guard in the division

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    They took Lance THIRD overall he will start next year
    There is a universe where that doesn't happen Shrubbs and it's not that far fetched. All Jimmy G has to do is help them beat the Rams this weekend and then play well enough in the SB to hoist the Lombardi.
    He's not Trent Dilfer and I have a hard time seeing the 49ers parting ways with a SB winning QB - #3 pick be damned.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman43 View Post
    I'm gonna miss those games man the rivalry just lost alot of shine it shows there's a change of the guard in the division

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    The first time <insert QB name here> beats the Ravens, the rivalry will get fresh blood. I still hate the Steelers, with or without Ben. Plus now we get to see his ass every time we go to Pitt for a Primetime game that they try to turn into a homecoming atmosphere.

My guess is Cincy will be the bigger threat for the next couple years at least, so we can park our unused Pitt hatred with them. Burrow is a cocky SOB, but I admit I respect his game. The beatdowns they put on us this past season coupled with their deep playoff run should make it easy to focus on them.

Doubt it, I think he's done. I think he's finally gotten to the point where he realizes he would be hurting the Steelers more than helping them if he comes back.
    90% of the game is half mental

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    The first time <insert QB name here> beats the Ravens, the rivalry will get fresh blood. I still hate the Steelers, with or without Ben. Plus now we get to see his ass every time we go to Pitt for a Primetime game that they try to turn into a homecoming atmosphere.

My guess is Cincy will be the bigger threat for the next couple years at least, so we can park our unused Pitt hatred with them. Burrow is a cocky SOB, but I admit I respect his game. The beatdowns they put on us this past season coupled with their deep playoff run should make it easy to focus on them.
    Burrow never sexually assaulted anyone so he’s infinitely more likable than Big Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    Burrow never sexually assaulted anyone so he’s infinitely more likable than Big Ben
    1000% True

But neither has Baker and I don't particularly care for him either. But yes, he is more likeable than Ben too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    There is a universe where that doesn't happen Shrubbs and it's not that far fetched. All Jimmy G has to do is help them beat the Rams this weekend and then play well enough in the SB to hoist the Lombardi.
    He's not Trent Dilfer and I have a hard time seeing the 49ers parting ways with a SB winning QB - #3 pick be damned.
    While I tend to agree Rygar …the right trade will send anyone to any team. Not sure if Jimmy Gs contract status but if he does what you described and is still under contract ….someone ( Steelers, WTF’s,Fins ?) might make a trade offer too good to turn down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk