Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 192021
    Blog Entries

Re: Chiefs Bills Game Should Scare Ravens Fans

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    Lamar played under the Erhardt-Perkins offense at Louisville. The Patriots have been running a variant of that offense for years. Patriots websites even wrote articles making the case on why the Patriots should draft Lamar Jackson because he's familiar with the offense the team runs.

2018 NFL draft: Lamar Jackson fits the Patriots offense better than it seems

Good point.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    Lamar played under the Erhardt-Perkins offense at Louisville. The Patriots have been running a variant of that offense for years. Patriots websites even wrote articles making the case on why the Patriots should draft Lamar Jackson because he's familiar with the offense the team runs.

2018 NFL draft: Lamar Jackson fits the Patriots offense better than it seems
    That’s also a good one that I feel is underutilized in the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by StalkRavenMad View Post
    At this point. After 12 years in the league. When he was blackballed he was still in his prime.
    He never played a full season again after 3 seasons of Roman.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    If all you want to do is complain about Roman and you aren’t equipped enough to further the conversation by talking about solutions we heard you the first hundred times.
    Yet, you keep coming back for more. The idea that one can't recognize Roman's deficiencies because he doesn't have a ready suggestion for a replacement, is rather obtuse.

5. Re: Chiefs Bills Game Should Scare Ravens Fans

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    Can we not turn this into a Kaep thread, all it’s going to do is get it locked
    Definitely not a Kape thread just don't want people believing that GRo ruined him.

Quote Originally Posted by balbomb View Post
    If you are not worried after seeing those two teams the first two weeks of the playoffs, than watching football might be too complicated for you.
    Talk about a weak rebuttal. Should I use the "you don't watch enough football" argument because apparently you don't.
    Bleed Purple but don't be a homer

Quote Originally Posted by StalkRavenMad View Post
    I mean he did do that the 1st time and Sammy got spooked by the goal post and pulled up.
    Which is why Sammy ain't in that list.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    I agree. He's the weapon you use when you need a spark or are throwing something unexpected at the defense. Not on 3rd and short halfway through the first quarter because your OC is too lazy/imcompetent to script the first set of plays to get the offense into a rhythm.

I too think he can be a very good passer, but that means allowing him to go through the growing pains that comes with establishing a legitimate passing offense. This coaching staff is more concerned with the short term (wins) than his long term development. Along with being too risk averse.
    What makes Lamar so dangerous is his quick decision making. If he decides to pull the ball down and take off if all the receivers are covered, great. If he chooses to pass, then also great. I just don't want the defense knowing where he's going to be, which our offense tends to tip them off.

Let's say Lamar is in the shotgun, three-wides, Andrews and a RB. The line holds up decently, but after a second Lamar has to step to the right to avoid some pressure. The defense is suddenly in Oh-Shit mode because the DB's are busy covering receivers while the fastest guy on the field is standing over there by himself.

Conversely, in Romans offense when facing a third-and-three or less, we'll put Lamar in the shot-gun and have him run the ball to the left because that way the entire defense can see him heading over there. I mean, why hand the ball to the RB when your generational-talent QB can take the hits?
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

You've through in a dig or two and your title is a bit click baity but these 2 players are so so good. I'm a massive fan of josh Allen. They are both tremendous to watch, I just hate the chiefs.

They will be hard to get past in the playoffs for the next 10 or 15 years. So good.

Blog Entries

if ya'll are done being scared, someone start a Conference championship thread so we can talk about today's games ;-)

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

11. Re: Chiefs Bills Game Should Scare Ravens Fans

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    if ya'll are done being scared, someone start a Conference championship thread so we can talk about today's games ;-)
    I'm thinking there is a deep rooted fear of all things, especially elephants around here. Boo!