Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: The Fork in The Room

I would play Stephens where he is more comfortable. If we let go of Tavon young he could move to the slot. He never played safety before this season and QB's had a high rate of completions when targeting him. We need someone who has the speed and ability to cover the middle and help when needed.. We don't need a strong safety playing free safety and that is what Deshon Elliott was.

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Miles Boykin - Hold the gifs. Do we give em the fork and open that roster up for someone else? He did show some promise on special teams so that may be worth giving him a look but Boykin has been a candidate here for a minute now and keeps on surviving.

Deshon Elliott - We all love em and I grew to love em but he cannot stay healthy. He hits free agency this off-season and unless he wants to stay on a very cheap contract I don't see him sticking.

Sammy Watkins - No reason keeping him around here. He's over the hill.. time to give Duvernay and Proche more playing time.

Binjimen Victor - If it gets him to stop making threads about himself on RSR
    Boykin - a waste of snaps on offense and others can do his job on special teams. Cut or trade him.

DeShon Elliott, Tavon Young and Jimmy Smith - We can't go into another season with these 3 guys taking up 1/4 of our DB spots and then complain about injuries in the secondary. That's what they do. Get injured and leave us struggling for depth. For that reason, I'd only keep one of them.

Young - stayed healthy this year but he didn't look great, certainly not worth his contract or what he's due next year. Maybe keep him for low $.
    Smith - is still good but can't be relied upon. We should tell him to stay healthy and bring him in as a late season Eric Weddle if we need him.
    Elliott - looks the best of the 3 on the field but he'd need to be cheap.

Watkins - is already gone. He'll be worth more to some other team than he is to us.

Binjimen Victor - Is Randy Moss 2.0. Build the offense around him.

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post

Brandon Williams should be asked to take a pay cut

Calais Campbell gets hurt a lot

Sam Koch looks in decline

Jaylon Ferguson doesn’t do much

Not saying definitely don’t bring any of them back but take a hard look at what they bring and what they get paid.
    Brandon Williams - Could still be useful at the right price. I wouldn't mind having him back for $3 or 4 M.

Calais Campbell - Good player and great leader but probably only worth about half of what he's getting. Make him an offer and see.

Sam Koch - Looks to have come to the end of the road. I'd move on. Other punters can hold too.

Jaylon Ferguson - See whether he can play his way onto the roster in camp and preseason but don't expect anything.

Quote Originally Posted by beavery View Post
    I would play Stephens where he is more comfortable. If we let go of Tavon young he could move to the slot. He never played safety before this season and QB's had a high rate of completions when targeting him. We need someone who has the speed and ability to cover the middle and help when needed.. We don't need a strong safety playing free safety and that is what Deshon Elliott was.
    Stephens is a safety through and through. His positional versatility is a bonus but safety is his natural position and the FO and coaching staff have said he is a safety since the day he was drafted. I have broken down film why he is a natural safety when he was drafted and those traits clearly translated to the NFL game.
    Mike MacDonald should be our head coach next season

If Youre gonna say I said something, Quote me cause yall be lying.

Blog Entries

Question Re: The Fork in The Room

Quote Originally Posted by JonAB View Post
    I don’t know how that is at all relevant. Koch isn’t a great punter anymore but is being paid like one. The packers punter is not good but that punt wasn’t blocked because of the punter so absolutely no idea what you are going on about here. It wouldn’t matter if Koch or anyone else was the punter for the packers yesterday if they still had the same long snapper and line blocking for him. Just a silly point.
    Ah, you can call mine a "silly point", but I wonder if the Packers (who will be home watching the NFCCG) would agree (?).

Hmm... Bc

A blocked punt is usually down to the protection rather than the punter, isn't it? It was in Green Bay, where they got blown up right down the middle.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Ah, you can call mine a "silly point", but I wonder if the Packers (who will be home watching the NFCCG) would agree (?).

Hmm... Bc
    lol are you just going to say the same thing over and over again as if what you’re saying makes sense at all?

The packers punt got blocked because the long snapper got absolutely bodied into the punter. It had nothing to do with the punter. Which is why it also has absolutely nothing to do with Sam Koch being in Baltimore. Just ludicrous

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    Jimmy Smith as a part part time player taking up a roster spot all season doesn’t make a lot of sense.

Tavon Young doesn’t look like a top paid DB

Brandon Williams should be asked to take a pay cut

Calais Campbell gets hurt a lot

Sam Koch looks in decline

Jaylon Ferguson doesn’t do much

Not saying definitely don’t bring any of them back but take a hard look at what they bring and what they get paid.
    Desert Raven, I commemorate you as a brilliant forker.

Job well done, boardmate.

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Desert Raven, I commemorate you as a brilliant forker.

Job well done, boardmate.
    Thanks I’ll treasure it always!