Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Any Ravens Cuts Coming Before 4?

At 4 pm eastern today all teams have to be under the cap. After the 2 Williams and Moses the Ravens should still be under the cap but not by much. If they are going to make any other moves they are going to need more space. We are seeing some other teams make moves today for the same reason. Any expectations of players getting released today?

My guess is that Miles Boykin doesn't make it to 4.01 today. Wide receivers are getting paid but we've heard nothing about any trade interest. I don't see them making any decision on Koch until camp. Young is already announced as gone. Anyone else?

Re: Any Ravens Cuts Coming Before 4?

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    At 4 pm eastern today all teams have to be under the cap. After the 2 Williams and Moses the Ravens should still be under the cap but not by much. If they are going to make any other moves they are going to need more space. We are seeing some other teams make moves today for the same reason. Any expectations of players getting released today?

My guess is that Miles Boykin doesn't make it to 4.01 today. Wide receivers are getting paid but we've heard nothing about any trade interest. I don't see them making any decision on Koch until camp. Young is already announced as gone. Anyone else?
    "2 Williams"?

if we're under the cap, I don't see any more cuts until the draft.
    except for some exceptional player that appears, but I think we will rest.

Do we owe Boykin his almost $3M salary if he's still on the roster after 4?

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    Not until week 1 of the regular season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Boykin is a camp body. Besides, his thread generates too many hits. Advertisers would be pissed. I am sure Tony worked a deal with EDC not to cut Boykin till the last possible second before the thread gets locked.

TEam seems hesitant to go the reschedule route...that's really the main ways to free up significant cash. Stanley...I know he's hurt, but I'd still do it, Humphrey and extending Peters are the big money moves they can make. May just be waiting to do this until/unless it's needed.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    At 4 pm eastern today all teams have to be under the cap.

My guess is that Miles Boykin doesn't make it to 4.01 today.
    If the Ravens can save a few million, then "from your post to EDC's ears"... Bc

Don't think any cuts are necessary unless they are planning more FA additions. They could release some guys as a favor to them I guess. If there are any major deals that need to be negotiated, my guess is they would restructure a couple of foundation pieces like Stanley or Hump to get the money they needed. Don't know if that would be needed for Lamar since a new contract with him would function as a restructure of his cap number anyway.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    Nope. He's on a rookie deal. They could cut him later and save the same money. It would simply save space that could be put to someone else now

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RevBarnes View Post
    "2 Williams"?
    Who? Isn't Marcus Williams the only Williams on the roster?

Derek Wolfe. (Someone posted in another thread Wolfe is considering retirement, his back is still not good). Jonas Shaefer was supposedly the source

Make the cut now and get the cap space.