Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Squeegee Killing

So the squeegee kid killing the guy swinging a baseball bat - was it justifiable self defense if in fact the baseball bat was being swung to connect with a kid and break bones or skulls? Side note - I have been downtown and caught at intersections with squeegee kids...I hate it but don't charge out of my car with a baseball bat....

Re: Squeegee Killing

Perhaps you could provide some sort of link? Some posters here dont live in MD, probably never heard about it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Perhaps you could provide some sort of link? Some posters here dont live in MD, probably never heard about it yet.
    From Fox: https://foxbaltimore.com/news/local/...id-report-says and https://www.wbaltv.com/article/squee...trols/40559604

Blog Entries

This was bound to happen sooner or later, especially given the political climate. Although I get pissed when they start cleaning the windows before you give them permission, I have never felt the need to get out of my car to take on somebody with a bat. The city has failed on every possible level that they could.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Why is a squeegee person carrying a gun in Baltimore City, a place with extremely tough gun control?

And unless these people have work permits they aren't "workers." What they are doing is not legal work. Are they filing taxes? Do they have insurance for if they damage a vehicle?

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Since MD is not a stand your ground state, the kid is gonna get charged with manslaughter.
    In a stand your ground state clearly self defense.

(Of course in any state he would probably be charged with other various crimes, like illegal possession of a firearm sonce i doubt he has a license to carry or even have a gu )

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    This was bound to happen sooner or later, especially given the political climate. Although I get pissed when they start cleaning the windows before you give them permission, I have never felt the need to get out of my car to take on somebody with a bat. The city has failed on every possible level that they could.
    Brandon Scott should resign. He's a complete failure. Until the residents of Baltimore City stop electing the same corrupt politicians the city will never get change.

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Since MD is not a stand your ground state, the kid is gonna get charged with manslaughter.
    In a stand your ground state clearly self defense.
    The kid was illegally carrying a firearm in baltimore city. Probably not even old enough to legally carry in any state. Stand your ground or not, he committed multiple felonies just by having the gun.

The group also approached the guy carrying the bat and threw a rock and his head before firing. He came out with the bat but did not strike them. It was a group against one person. They eacalated and had plenty more options other than shooting him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TIGERBLOOD View Post
    Brandon Scott should resign. He's a complete failure. Until the residents of Baltimore City stop electing the same corrupt politicians the city will never get change.

Brandon Scott, the entire City Council and the States Attorney all need to go. But they won't. Every election cycle, they just switch positions and fuck the residents all over again. This has been happening for decades and no one cares enough to do anything about it. Cronyism has always permeated politics - it just doesn't hurt as bad when the cronies actually know what they're doing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TIGERBLOOD View Post
    The kid was illegally carrying a firearm in baltimore city. Probably not even old enough to legally carry in any state. Stand your ground or not, he committed multiple felonies just by having the gun.

The group also approached the guy carrying the bat and threw a rock and his head before firing. He came out with the bat but did not strike them. It was a group against one person. They eacalated and had plenty more options other than shooting him.

All true. That being said, he'd still be alive if he didn't get out of his car. He had a family to go home to. That was reckless and stupid.

Brandon Scott, the entire City Council and the States Attorney all need to go. But they won't. Every election cycle, they just switch positions and fuck the residents all over again. This has been happening for decades and no one cares enough to do anything about it. Cronyism has always permeated politics - it just doesn't hurt as bad when the cronies actually know what they're doing.
    Very true.

All true. That being said, he'd still be alive if he didn't get out of his car. He had a family to go home to. That was reckless and stupid.
    Yes, you are correct. It was a stupid decision for sure.

Has anyone reported what happened to get him to get out of the car?