Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Elephant in the Room: The 80s Movie Crime Boss is not Happy

Bisciotti’s ears are perked up and the cigar is in the ash tray. Now, wish as we might, none of us believe he will actually push for both Coordinators to be fired. And they honestly got the wrong one first. But this makes a few things clear: Bisciotti isn’t accepting blaming this season on injuries. And he is not going to just hand over an extension to Harbaugh. He will make him play out the season if necessary.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Re: Elephant in the Room: The 80s Movie Crime Boss is not Happy

Whatever other might say about you Ex, No one would ever say you don't have a flair for the dramatic.
    This paints a very vivid picture. Maybe you should move to LA and become a screen writer, lol.

Loving the Elephant motif btw. The repetitiveness of it on this board is very Culexish.

Elephants are our future people!

80’s movie crime boss.. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    Elephants are our future people!
    Roll Tide?

Good thread. It's good to see them make changes and take their time to really analyze what happened first, rather than making some knee jerk moves. I'm not so sure this means Roman stays, though it's more likely now for sure. They may have just chosen to review the defense first and then the offense, who knows?

Typical move. Attack the weakest person in the chain of problems. Wink leaving doesn't change anything.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    80’s movie crime boss.. LOL.
    Well, if his hair were longer, I would say Mr. X from Streets of Rage.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

This could mean a number of things:

A.) It could mean that Bisciotti believes in this offense and wants to see everyone healthy, but that despite injuries Wink doomed himself with his inability to make the defense easier to grasp with so many young players getting snaps.
    B.) That he's not thrilled with either Coordinator and gave Harbaugh the option to pick one and hitch his future wagon to the other
    C.) That Harbaugh saw the issue himself and made this decision without being pushed to. This is feasible, given how Harbaugh feels about defense and his need for the defense to be strong late in games
    D.) That Bisciotti actually has given Harbaugh the ultimatum to get rid of both or not get the extension, and the DC situation was just easier to find the fix for first, but that Roman isn't safe right now and they are still working out the solution.

Quote Originally Posted by burnwood View Post
    Typical move. Attack the weakest person in the chain of problems. Wink leaving doesn't change anything.
    How is Wink the "weakest person"? He'll probably have another DC job in a few weeks.

Seems to me it was a pretty bold move.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

I thought after wink stopped going cover 0 crazy the defense looked good this season despite the injuries.

We beat the browns after throwing 4 picks.
    Came within one play of beating the rams and GB.

Considering all the injuries I thought winks defense was solid.

Blog Entries

The D was solid against the run... not so much against the pass in a passing league. More 20+ yard completions surrendered than any other team = dead last in the league

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    The D was solid against the run... not so much against the pass in a passing league. More 20+ yard completions surrendered than any other team = dead last in the league
    When teams ran against us I always said to myself, ‘What are they doing? Well, in any case, thank goodness’