Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: At what point does Lamar Jacksons contract become a problem?

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    They should run that by Joe. He should be available next season. Probably work cheap. If nothing else, they can line him up out wide, as a decoy. It'll scare the bejeebers out of all the DB's.
    Keep him on the sidelines till the playoffs! LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by TDL1000 View Post
    Can you name one aspect of his game that has improved since he won the MVP in 2019?
    A future contract should be based on trajectory and where they see his game evolving two years from now not as a reward for what he's already done.
    If they feel as if LJ has hit a ceiling in terms of accuracy and the ability to read and react quickly to whatever defense the opposing team is playing maybe they'll be hesitant to hand out a $40m per season deal because of what that would mean to the rest of the team and the organization as a whole for at least the next five seasons and probably longer.
    No deal is better than a bad deal done out of desperation.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
    If you’re not sold on Lamar after watching him go 8-3 with this terrible roster and coaching that went 0-6 the moment he left you’ll never be sold. I’m more sold on Lamar now than ever before. Get the deal done.

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    If you’re not sold on Lamar after watching him go 8-3 with this terrible roster and coaching that went 0-6 the moment he left you’ll never be sold. I’m more sold on Lamar now than ever before. Get the deal done.
    Huntley beat the Bears which is one of those eight wins and two of the others included a one point win vs. KC at home which wouldn't have happened without a late fumble and a 66 yard Tucker FG at the buzzer in Detroit.That record was always deceiving.
    2019 TD36 INT6 QBR 113.3
    2020 TD26 INT9 QBR 99.3
    2021 TD16 INT13 QBR 87
    Granted there were other factors involved but that's not exactly the trajectory you want to see when considering a $40m per season long term contract.

4. Re: At what point does Lamar Jacksons contract become a problem?

This was a very shaky 8-3. If Tucker doesnt set an NFL record its 7-4. If the colts hadnt run out of DBs with any experience at all it could easily have been 6-5. If Huntley hadnt won that 8-3 coould have easily been sub .500.

Quote Originally Posted by TDL1000 View Post
    Can you name one aspect of his game that has improved since he won the MVP in 2019?
    A future contract should be based on trajectory and where they see his game evolving two years from now not as a reward for what he's already done.
    If they feel as if LJ has hit a ceiling in terms of accuracy and the ability to read and react quickly to whatever defense the opposing team is playing maybe they'll be hesitant to hand out a $40m per season deal because of what that would mean to the rest of the team and the organization as a whole for at least the next five seasons and probably longer.
    No deal is better than a bad deal done out of desperation.

Who reaches their ceiling at 24 years old?? Wtf are you taking about????

He reached his ceiling to read defenses at 24 years old?

Come on bro this is the craziest foolishness I have ever read.

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaBasedFan View Post
    This was a very shaky 8-3. If Tucker doesnt set an NFL record its 7-4. If the colts hadnt run out of DBs with any experience at all it could easily have been 6-5. If Huntley hadnt won that 8-3 coould have easily been sub .500.
    I don’t care if it’s shaky. Lamar has ALWAYS won here. Fact is we were 7-3 with Lamar and 1-6 without him.

Funny you didn’t mention the Raiders game where he executed a game winning drive just for the defense to fuck it off.

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaBasedFan View Post
    Of course it’s shakey we were injured as hell. Wtf did you expect??? The point is he won. You thought we were suppose to blow these teams out after losing our entire running back room right before the season? Then losing our $95m LT?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensblitzkrieg View Post
    Who reaches their ceiling at 24 years old?? Wtf are you taking about????

Come on bro this is the craziest foolishness I have ever read.
    They’ll never be sold bro. No matter what he does they will point out a flaw and find a reason to get him out of here. And then when we are on the QB carousel and struggling they’ll disappear or be wishing we had him back.

I don’t care if it’s shaky. Lamar has ALWAYS won here. Fact is we were 7-3 with Lamar and 1-6 without him.
    These Lamar haters are crazy bro. I love a good debate but they literally pull out the most asinine arguments. I honestly am starting to think they don’t even believe half the stuff they post. It’s just to troll at this point.

10. Re: At what point does Lamar Jacksons contract become a problem?

Im not sure Lamar really reads defenses. There are many times it seems to me he either looks for Andrews or Brown to the exclusion of everyone else on the field. Hence the interceptions thrown into double and triple coverage when there are other receivers/backs open.

These Lamar haters are crazy bro. I love a good debate but they literally pull out the most asinine arguments. I honestly am starting to think they don’t even believe half the stuff they post. It’s just to troll at this point.
    Exactly. You can tell their being disingenuous because they can point out the shaky wins, but no mention of the Ls we had where Lamar put the cape on and the defense folded, like the Raiders game. Are we really going to blame him for the first Bengals loss when the defense was getting absolutely cooked to the bone? Like how can you call the Colts win shaky when the dude literally put on his cape and had the best 4th quarter of quarterback play I’ve ever seen. Like how is that seen as a negative? Lol it’s wild.

12. Re: At what point does Lamar Jacksons contract become a problem?

Funny you didn’t mention the Raiders game where he executed a game winning drive just for the defense to fuck it off.
    Im not saying Lamar is bad. Im not saying he hasnt had moments where he has really shined. All Im trying to point out is 2 things. First that 8-3 was about the weakest, luckiest 8-3 Ive ever seen. Second, Lamar had a real solid supporting cast around him in 19 and 20. Not so much in 21. I read post after post about how Mayfield needs a great running game, top flight OL, and very good receivers in order to win. Now, I do think Jackson is substantialy better than Mayfield, but the question becomes is he worth 40+ mil/year? A second question is would Lamar have won as many games in 19-20 if he didnt have an excellent run blocking OL and an excellent running game? The skill level of his receivers was better this season than it has been since he got here yet he didnt do so well in the passing game. How much of that was the OL and how much of that was Lamar?