Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RIP Meatloaf

1. RIP Meatloaf

Looks like rock 'n roll has lost another. Other than "paradise", never got into his music, but lots did. RIP dude.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...oaf-dead-at-74

Re: RIP Meatloaf

Also not really a fan of his music but Meatloaf was a pretty funny guy in interviews. Sad news for Music fans. 74 is not that old anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Re: RIP Meatloaf

Interesting nugget from the article:

"His album "Bat Out of Hell" is one of the 10 bestselling albums of all time, with worldwide sales of more than 40 million copies."

I never would have guessed that. Not saying that as a knock on him or his music, it's just that if you asked me to name even the top 50 rock albums of all time, that wouldn't have made my list. I just never would have thought of that one.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    Interesting nugget from the article:

"His album "Bat Out of Hell" is one of the 10 bestselling albums of all time, with worldwide sales of more than 40 million copies."

I never would have guessed that. Not saying that as a knock on him or his music, it's just that if you asked me to name even the top 50 rock albums of all time, that wouldn't have made my list. I just never would have thought of that one.
    I remember hearing that the Bat out of Hell album was a big seller but had no idea it was top 10 all time. He had a couple good songs and i believe he was a big baseball fan, thus the attempt at rounding the bases in the song "Paradise by the Dashboard Light," More sad news, comedian Louie Anderson also passed away. He was a pretty funny guy, not afraid to fat shame himself. Saw a show in Vegas many moons ago with both him and Rosanne Barr when they both were just starting to make a name for themselves.

So Meatloaf was sick with Covid when he died...

I don't know his vax status but he was outspoken against mandates and the lockdowns.

Reminds me of that Czech folk singer. Looking at the mortality by age, if you are over 50 I'm not sure why you would take chances being unvaccinated.

We had a woman in a bowling league our neighbor started die last month after getting sick with Covid. We don't know her personally. I think she was 61 and maybe a little overweight. The guy that started the league is about my age and we knew he was unvaccinated but he suddenly got vaccinated 2 weeks ago and then news of this woman's death was posted on facebook at the same time. We're thinking it got real for him quick when that happened.

Meatloaf remains one of my favorite songwriters because he just wanted to mess with people, especially with his "love" songs.

Paradise by the Dashboard lights is about how a guy is trying to convince a young lady to have sex with him. She agrees only after he promises to love her forever. And that's when it turns into a Meatloaf song, "... I swore I would love you until the end of time. So now I'm waiting for the end of time, to hurry up and arrive, because if I gotta spend another minute with you I don't think that I could really survive". He finishes the last verse, "I'm praying for the end of time so I can end my time with you". Simply brilliant comedic writing.

I Would do Anything for Love is great because the whole point of the song is the girl singing about these impressive feats of valor for him to prove how much he loves her, and him going "I won't do that". The only thing he agrees with is not cheating on her. That's it.

Two out of Three is a power ballad about a booty-call. "I want you. I need you. But there ain't no way I'm ever gonna love you".
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Blog Entries

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    Why would somebody be upset with Weber Grills. This is more people looking for something to be offended by,

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Why would somebody be upset with Weber Grills. This is more people looking for something to be offended by,
    Meat eaters are bad people cause cows fart.
    Last edited by CarrollCoRaven; 01-24-2022 at 11:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    Met eaters are bad people cause cows fart.
    lol. Vegans should LOVE us carnivores! We eat the shit that eats their food! Lmao.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    lol. Vegans should LOVE us carnivores! We eat the shit that eats their food! Lmao.

Symbiosis = Win/Win

12. Re: RIP Meatloaf

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post

OT, but I had a buddy come down to visit from Maine on his way to Florida and he brought me some moose meat. Had only had that once before, in Alaska. Man, that's some good eatin'. Ever have it?