Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RIP Meatloaf

Blog Entries

Re: RIP Meatloaf

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    OT, but I had a buddy come down to visit from Maine on his way to Florida and he brought me some moose meat. Had only had that once before, in Alaska. Man, that's some good eatin'. Ever have it?
    Nope, never have had it. Can you compare it to anything else you've eaten? Did he also bring some lobster to make it a surf and turf Maine style?

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    Nope, never have had it. Can you compare it to anything else you've eaten? Did he also bring some lobster to make it a surf and turf Maine style?
    I really can't think of anything I'd compare it to. Maybe a bit like deer, but maybe a bit like beef.....or a cross between the two. No, he didn't bring any "lobstah". That sure woulda been nice. They have some convoluted lottery for moose up there and he finally got a permit, so he was a happy camper.

OT, but I had a buddy come down to visit from Maine on his way to Florida and he brought me some moose meat. Had only had that once before, in Alaska. Man, that's some good eatin'. Ever have it?
    Never had the privilege. Had Elk and Caribou but never Moose. Id imagine its very lean and tender.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    I like the way u think! Lol

I really can't think of anything I'd compare it to. Maybe a bit like deer, but maybe a bit like beef.....or a cross between the two. No, he didn't bring any "lobstah". That sure woulda been nice. They have some convoluted lottery for moose up there and he finally got a permit, so he was a happy camper.
    Yup. Ive been entering that Lottery for outa starters for close to 20 yrs now. Never a nibble.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Yup. I’ve been entering that Lottery for outa starters for close to 20 yrs now. Never a nibble.

Well, at least he's a resident and that helps a lot. He said there's some kinda point system, etc. They don't want you out-of-staters up there.....lol. Just keep sending them your dough......

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Never had the privilege. Had Elk and Caribou but never Moose. Id imagine its very lean and tender.

You'd imagine right. Very much so.