Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Free talk Friday - 01.21.22

Hope everyone home family situation in good place

Surrounded by Cousin Eddies in Cincitucky (get me out of this HELLHOLE!)

My new iPhone 13 Pro arrived today, so my son is coming over to set it up for me. Also helping me carry a fresh half barrel downstairs to my bar. Could still do it solo, but doesn't hurt to get some help.

Taking him out for a steak dinner for his efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    Hope everyone home family situation in good place
    My kids are climbing on furniture now but otherwise... lol

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

It's still warm down here but cold front on the way. Looking forward to 5 o clock

Great football weekend, maybe best of the year

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Freezing my ass off here. 60°F here in Nor-Cal,

Oh let me count the ways I do not miss winter. If I need to see it, I can drive 90 minutes to Lake Tahoe. Seriously I think I added years to my life not dealing with snow.

Week 3 of my Keto diet, back to working out. Getting ready to put my mountain bike in the shop and get it back up to snuff so I can get into great shape again. Moving away from the "lifter" physique and down to a lean, toned look. Goal is 185lbs, but would not be adverse to 175lbs.

Seriously not drinking for 30 days was tested heavily by the Ravens...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Freezing my ass off here. 60°F here in Nor-Cal,

Oh let me count the ways I do not miss winter. If I need to see it, I can drive 90 minutes to Lake Tahoe. Seriously I think I added years to my life not dealing with snow.

Week 3 of my Keto diet, back to working out. Getting ready to put my mountain bike in the shop and get it back up to snuff so I can get into great shape again. Moving away from the "lifter" physique and down to a lean, toned look. Goal is 185lbs, but would not be adverse to 175lbs.

Seriously not drinking for 30 days was tested heavily by the Ravens...
    It's 83 here and I concur about the added years... also been hitting the bike and really enjoy it. Had to get some Halt! for dumbasses who leave their dogs out and let them chase bikers.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I'll take the cold, but the wind the other day has to go! Wife has a huge fear about trees coming down on the house, and I'm like fuck it, it will be ok. She slept on the couch, and I went upstairs, and naturally, a tree came down and clipped the deck. Now her anxiety is really bad. Had 8 trees taken down in the summer, and I guess a few more need to go.

My kid has been on lockdown in her high school since 2 because someone was found in the bathroom with a traumatic injury. All we have heard is someone got shot or stabbed in the foot? She's fine. We have been texting with her. They all have to go to the gym one classroom at a time for a bag search and then I think they are going to let them leave. What a messed up situation.

Update.

So definitely a shooting. My kid still at school. We watched a press conference that was a posturing babbling clown show of know nothings. They caught the kid, in the school, in a classroom, and the kid shot is in surgery.

This was Magruder High School Montgomery county.

I'll update this when my kid is home. I'm sure with social media we'll know what happened probably before it can be found out on the news. It was on my kids private snapchat and common knowledge to our other kids before my wife and I knew a thing.

Update

My kid got home about 10 minutes ago. The school which is just 2 miles from my home was a snarl of police, helicopters, news, swat etc.. so she hitched a ride a with a friends parents who got stuck there due to the lockdown, in their cars in the freezing weather.

She said it was a sophomore kid who was going to be jumped in the bathroom by a bunch of kids and knew it and shot one of the kids that was jumping/going to jump him.

It will be interesting to see what is reported and if is a complete "telephone game" of reality. We are fine.
    Last edited by BustOfPallas; 01-22-2022 at 06:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    My kid has been on lockdown in her high school since 2 because someone was found in the bathroom with a traumatic injury. All we have heard is someone got shot or stabbed in the foot? She's fine. We have been texting with her. They all have to go to the gym one classroom at a time for a bag search and then I think they are going to let them leave. What a messed up situation.

Update.

So definitely a shooting. My kid still at school. We watched a press conference that was a posturing babbling clown show of know nothings. They caught the kid, in the school, in a classroom, and the kid shot is in surgery.

I'll update this when my kid is home. I'm sure with social media we'll know what happened probably before it can be found out on the news. It was on my kids private snapchat and common knowledge to our other kids before my wife and I knew a thing.
    Glad your kid is ok. I can empathize. My daughter just got to work, when the Columbia Mall shooting happened in 2014. Scared the shit out of me when I heard the news. Luckily, she was fine, but her friend was one of the victims. Give them a hug.

Quote Originally Posted by DrUnk View Post
    Glad your kid is ok. I can empathize. My daughter just got to work, when the Columbia Mall shooting happened in 2014. Scared the shit out of me when I heard the news. Luckily, she was fine, but her friend was one of the victims. Give them a hug.
    Thanks Unk. That's horrible. I remember when that happened. I updated above. Apparently it was one of those situations where a kid knew he was going to get jumped and used a gun to defend himself. Still a shooting and disturbing. The thing I'm most angry about is that the door knob of a principal that is basically worthless apparently went on the intercom and my daughter said you could hear the terror in his voice "WE AREE IN A LOCKDOWNNNN!!!" and she said that really, really made her scared.... Way to go Leroy. Way to be the calming reassuring presence for the kids in your care... sigh. It never bothered me, his inert presence has kind of been a running joke at the school for years but would be nice to know you have someone not just punching a timecard as principal at your kids school. Dude should have retired 10 years ago.

Thanks Unk. That's horrible. I remember when that happened. I updated above. Apparently it was one of those situations where a kid knew he was going to get jumped and used a gun to defend himself. Still a shooting and disturbing. The thing I'm most angry about is that the door knob of a principal that is basically worthless apparently went on the intercom and my daughter said you could hear the terror in his voice "WE AREE IN A LOCKDOWNNNN!!!" and she said that really, really made her scared.... Way to go Leroy. Way to be the calming reassuring presence for the kids in your care... sigh. It never bothered me, his inert presence has kind of been a running joke at the school for years but would be nice to know you have someone not just punching a timecard as principal at your kids school. Dude should have retired 10 years ago.
    Maybe this will be the impetus for him to go.

Update.

Update

My kid got home about 10 minutes ago. The school which is just 2 miles from my home was a snarl of police, helicopters, news, swat etc.. so she hitched a ride a with a friends parents who got stuck there due to the lockdown, in their cars in the freezing weather.

She said it was a sophomore kid who was going to be jumped in the bathroom by a bunch of kids and knew it and shot one of the kids that was jumping/going to jump him.

It will be interesting to see what is reported and if is a complete "telephone game" of reality. We are fine.
    Omg, I heard about that yesterday! Didn't know that's where your daughter goes to school. Glad she is OK.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk