Blog Entries

A fox was spotted in the snow on the boardwalk at Ocean City

Surrounded by Cousin Eddies in Cincitucky (get me out of this HELLHOLE!)

Re: A fox was spotted in the snow on the boardwalk at Ocean City

There are a lot of foxes that hang out in the dunes in OC. We've had a foxhole in front of our place there for years; every once in a while you'd see a mother with pups. They come out very early in the morning and look for food that people leave on the beach.

Never saw one on the boards, though!

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioleWay View Post
    There are a lot of foxes that hang out in the dunes in OC. We've had a foxhole in front of our place there for years; every once in a while you'd see a mother with pups. They come out very early in the morning and look for food that people leave on the beach.

I get them in my backyard here in MD all the time. Those things are incredibly athletic. I had one leap 6 feet to the top of my fence and then walk along the top of the fence. it's like if you mixed a dog with a cat and a squirrel. Amazing animals.

Blog Entries

We've had 2 foxes spotted late last year in our condo parking lot, which is bayside. One was a black fox. Pretty cool.

I see them almost every day in my yard. Had a family of them living under my barn a couple years ago.

I had the luck to see one hunting in the snow a few weeks ago and it was awesome. Lept up in the air and went head first into the snow and came up with a rodent of some sort in its mouth.

Amazing creatures.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TIGERBLOOD View Post
    I see them almost every day in my yard. Had a family of them living under my barn a couple years ago.

I had the luck to see one hunting in the snow a few weeks ago and it was awesome. Lept up in the air and went head first into the snow and came up with a rodent of some sort in its mouth.

Amazing creatures.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
    They are great for rabbit control. Caught a red one accidently in a Havahart trap years ago. Was a little nervous releasing it. Afraid it might be rabid and come back after me. We had seen some mangy looking rabid ones during the day prior to catching that one.

Surrounded by Cousin Eddies in Cincitucky (get me out of this HELLHOLE!)

The foxes in OC probably consume a great deal of Thrasher's French Fires, as do the seagulls.

The foxes in OC probably consume a great deal of Thrasher's French Fires, as do the seagulls.
    They probably also consume a lot of the other things that consume all the Thrasher's French Fries and other garbage from the various eateries. I'm guessing there are a lot of rodents down there just out of sight.

9. Re: A fox was spotted in the snow on the boardwalk at Ocean City

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    They are great for rabbit control. Caught a red one accidently in a Havahart trap years ago. Was a little nervous releasing it. Afraid it might be rabid and come back after me. We had seen some mangy looking rabid ones during the day prior to catching that one.
    They sure are good w/the rabbits. With the foxes and some bobcat, the rabbits and other rodents seem to be under a good balance here. I see them all on a regular basis on my game cameras. Once in awhile, I see the foxes and the bobcats walk by a camera w/something in it's mouth. Mother Nature at work. They eat good.

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    That's a great point. In my yard usually when I see rabbits that's when I'm seeing foxes and hawks. Then the rabbits disappear and the Hawks and Foxes do to then they come back etc. etc..

When I'm at my condo in Dewey there are definitely times when I see a ton of rabbits. My dog once was off leash and chased a rabbit around a house acros the street then up the street, it was hilarious but scary as route 1 is half a block away. Fortunately the rabbit didn't run that way and I was able to get a hold of my dog.