Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Harbaugh’s contract.(1 year left.)

Saw on Ingravens video that this upcoming season is Harbs last year on his contract. Did Biscotti extend Harbs early last time? Or did he wait until his contract was up?

Lamar most likely on his 5th year option
    Harbs on the last year of his contract.

What is going on at the castle?

Re: Harbaugh’s contract.(1 year left.)

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    Saw on Ingravens video that this upcoming season is Harbs last year on his contract. Did Biscotti extend Harbs early last time? Or did he wait until his contract was up?

I t would not surprise me that the delay at end of year press conference, which they should have made one week after end, is that league allowed them a delay to also announce an extension at this meeting.

Quote Originally Posted by mddisney1 View Post
    I t would not surprise me that the delay at end of year press conference, which they should have made one week after end, is that league allowed them a delay to also announce an extension at this meeting.
    Makes sense. Personally, I want to keep Harbs. Roman is the one I have an issue with. But if he won’t fire Roman, I’m cool with Harbs going too.

Blog Entries

I can't see Bisciotti allowing him to go into the season as a lame duck coach. He cares about him too much.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    I can't see Bisciotti allowing him to go into the season as a lame duck coach. He cares about him too much.
    I agree with you. Did he extend him early last time? I really don’t remember.

Blog Entries

I don't think they've ever let him coach out his lame duck year. I can't do the research on that right now but I know his last contract was signed prior to the final year of his deal playing out. Could be a reason we've not heard anything about an end of season presser yet.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Maybe Harbaugh is contemplating retirement or holding out to be the highest paid coach ever.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    Maybe Harbaugh is contemplating retirement or holding out to be the highest paid coach ever.
    I dunno about these specifically but it could be a more difficult negotiation than last time. Last time he was coming off a late season surge with his rookie QB and making the playoffs. This season it's a bit different. Like Bisciotti may want to go shorter in years than Harbaugh wants or something.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Makes sense. Personally, I want to keep Harbs. Roman is the one I have an issue with. But if he won’t fire Roman, I’m cool with Harbs going too.
    Agreed.

Blog Entries

I think you have to give him an extension. It would be hard to replace Harbs. He is a flawed coach for sure... but its one of the best in the league and is a proven winner. If someone like a Sean McVey were out there, I'd consider it, but I am struggling to see who would be an improvement over Harbs in the current coaching market. I am kind of hoping for a new DC if anything.

Blog Entries

I am on the fence with Roman. The offense is highly ranked in points and yards every season under him but they falter in key games, and it is hard to tell for sure if these short comings are more on him or the players themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I dunno about these specifically but it could be a more difficult negotiation than last time. Last time he was coming off a late season surge with his rookie QB and making the playoffs. This season it's a bit different. Like Bisciotti may want to go shorter in years than Harbaugh wants or something.
    It seems like Harbaugh is around Bill Cowher’s age when he retired, not all of these guys want to coach until they drop or get fired. Maybe thinking about 5 more years or something is giving him pause. They’ll probably just announce an extension with little fanfare at some random moment though.