Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Harbaugh’s contract.(1 year left.)

I think very highly of Harbaugh. My single biggest issue with him is that his preferred style of play is not conducive to getting the most out of a Quarterback’s potential in their passing ability. That gets frustrating when we spend first round picks on QBs. You could see that Flacco’s ceiling in his passing ability was much higher than he reached. Not only in the progress he made with his footwork, quickness of his release, progression improvement and consistency in 2010 with Zorn as his QB coach, but in what he was able to do in the playoffs, almost in spite of the way the coaching wanted to try and win games.

If Harbaugh were to just say this is the style of what the offense will forever be, and he just urges us to draft a mid round running QB every four years, and devote most of our resources to the defense, then I’d be more settled. But he has never, ever, made the passing offense or the passing ability of his QB top priority, even though he’s been given two good ones in the first round. That’s where I take issue with him. 2013-2017 shouldn’t have went down the way that it did had Harbaugh just looked and realized, ‘You know, we just won a title in large part thanks to our passing offense. Ray and Ed are nearly out the door. Maybe it’s time to transition.’ Harbaugh is never going to transition.

If Lamar didn’t have the running ability that he had, Harbaugh wouldn’t have been so passionate about building around his QB. He wanted Lamar’s running ability far more than his arm. That’s just not a guy you spend a first round pick on.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I think very highly of Harbaugh. My single biggest issue with him is that his preferred style of play is not conducive to getting the most out of a Quarterback’s potential in their passing ability. That gets frustrating when we spend first round picks on QBs. You could see that Flacco’s ceiling in his passing ability was much higher than he reached. Not only in the progress he made with his footwork, quickness of his release, progression improvement and consistency in 2010 with Zorn as his QB coach, but in what he was able to do in the playoffs, almost in spite of the way the coaching wanted to try and win games.

If Harbaugh were to just say this is the style of what the offense will forever be, and he just urges us to draft a mid round running QB every four years, and devote most of our resources to the defense, then I’d be more settled. But he has never, ever, made the passing offense or the passing ability of his QB top priority, even though he’s been given two good ones in the first round. That’s where I take issue with him. 2013-2017 shouldn’t have went down the way that it did had Harbaugh just looked and realized, ‘You know, we just won a title in large part thanks to our passing offense. Ray and Ed are nearly out the door. Maybe it’s time to transition.’ Harbaugh is never going to transition.

If Lamar didn’t have the running ability that he had, Harbaugh wouldn’t have been so passionate about building around his QB. He wanted Lamar’s running ability far more than his arm. That’s just not a guy you spend a first round pick on.
    Harbaugh doesn’t pick the players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Statistics are for losers-Unitas
    We need coaches who can produce winners.
    Winning isn't everything-it's the only thing-Lombardi

I think the Roman/Harbaugh combination was perfect for Lamar when he was drafted. At that time, Lamar's running ability was far ahead of his passing ability, so it made sense to let him run as much as he did and to design an offense around his running ability to allow Lamar to experience success early in his career.

However, that needs to change now. Lamar can be a very effective passing QB in the right offensive system. The Ravens now have a bunch of very good weapons in the passing game and will get two outstanding RBs back next season. Add in a healthy Stanley and James plus draft a couple of OL, and this offense should be ready to take off.

The needed talent as far as players is now in place for the Ravens to have a great passing offense, but it is being held back, not aided, by Roman/Harbaugh at this point. It is time for the Ravens to move on from both of them, and hire a coaching staff that employs the Erhardt-Perkins offensive system. That system allows for a good run-pass volume mix, but also has more effective schemes in the passing game.
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    Maybe Harbaugh is contemplating retirement or holding out to be the highest paid coach ever.
    The latter is far more likely than him retiring

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    Makes sense. Personally, I want to keep Harbs. Roman is the one I have an issue with. But if he won’t fire Roman, I’m cool with Harbs going too.
    And whos your replacement for Harbaugh and why?

It would be a disaster if we had to go coach hunting.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Harbaugh's daughter is grown up, he is not retiring anytime soon.
    Pete Carroll and Bill Belichick aren't retiring and they're 70 and 60 respectively. I can't see John Harbaugh retiring any time soon. He's in great health and you can see he loves coaching

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I don't think they've ever let him coach out his lame duck year. I can't do the research on that right now but I know his last contract was signed prior to the final year of his deal playing out. Could be a reason we've not heard anything about an end of season presser yet.
    Think they maybe did a one year extension one time? Never had him coaching his last year though.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

I actually made a post like this a couple days or a week ago.

I think it’s odd we have not heard anything. I also think it’s odd to give a contract to a coach who didn’t have a winning record.

Anyone got any inside info?

Blog Entries

They should look into trading Harbs

Im sure one of these teams with an opening would give up 2 1st round picks for him

Quote Originally Posted by GullyGill View Post
    They should look into trading Harbs

Im sure one of these teams with an opening would give up 2 1st round picks for him
    I have been hoping that Hortiz gets a GM job somewhere and then does the Ravens a solid by trading some high draft picks for Harbaugh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Regardless of pending contract extensions and other announcements, the status quo remains.

I do not have a problem with Steve Bisciotti being a low profile owner. But I dislike the apparent lack of accountability he holds for Harbaugh. SB gives me the impression that he consults with Harbaugh on all matters rather than with Ozzie Newsome who was retained for just that purpose.

In turn, I also dislike the apparent lack of accountability Harbaugh holds for Roman. Under SB, it’s as though those two can do no wrong.

CCx