Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: The OL could be solid next season without significant investment

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    About half of those guys are injury replacements. They weren't supposed to be on the team anyway. I love the job Freeman did for example but I'm not paying him with a Dobbins and Gus coming back. There are lots of guys like that
    19 in total, I've seen there are only 4 teams with more defensive FAs but some of these guys are near end of their career. I do think they should bring Houston and Jefferson back. They are losing guys in the secondary but need to upgrade there if possible.

On offense, Ricard, Tomlinson?

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Draft like neither Stanley or James are going to comeback. So at best a starting left tackle and developmental right tackle to replace James in a year if he plays well and walks or wise just can’t comeback. Mekari or Colon as center if Bozeman goes FA, Mekari as rt tackle if James is a total bust. If the best center in the draft drops to them I’d consider drafting him in the first. After that it’s time to restock the defense at all three levels.

Also it is time to let a lot of players go. Levine, BWilliams, McPhee, Byrnes, Houston, Smith, Hill. Wolfe might as well comeback because cutting saves no money. If he returns healthy alls good and if not cut him and eat the cap hit post June. Young is a coin flip but if he stays he’s got to take a pay cut. His injury record means he is less than 50:50 to stay healthy and nobody is going to pay him more than vet minimum with incentives at best. AV is gone. Campbell could return at the right number.

And we need to look at both strength coaches and medical staff because either or both are failing us.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    Great post leach. We were third in rushing without jk Gus and half of Lamar. Money should be spent on pass rushers and dbs.

Misallocation of resources to spend on o line with this group
    Absolutely.

Blog Entries

The Rams went all in on defense and still have a good OL, a good QB and good weapons... I want us to get on that level. Get a nasty front 7 and use the talent we already have at OL. And to the naysayers who think we can't land a mid rd guy like Zeus... this franchise has shown throughout the past 2 decades how good we are at drafting mid round OL. I am confident in our ability to get it right again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jfoh View Post
    Draft like neither Stanley or James are going to comeback. So at best a starting left tackle and developmental right tackle to replace James in a year if he plays well and walks or wise just can’t comeback. Mekari or Colon as center if Bozeman goes FA, Mekari as rt tackle if James is a total bust. If the best center in the draft drops to them I’d consider drafting him in the first. After that it’s time to restock the defense at all three levels.

Also it is time to let a lot of players go. Levine, BWilliams, McPhee, Byrnes, Houston, Smith, Hill. Wolfe might as well comeback because cutting saves no money. If he returns healthy alls good and if not cut him and eat the cap hit post June. Young is a coin flip but if he stays he’s got to take a pay cut. His injury record means he is less than 50:50 to stay healthy and nobody is going to pay him more than vet minimum with incentives at best. AV is gone. Campbell could return at the right number.

And we need to look at both strength coaches and medical staff because either or both are failing us.
    You definately bring Houston back and Calais if he doesn't retire and the money is right. Tavon I can see coming back on a longer but cheaper contract.

Hill and a few others can be camp bodies and be cut later if you feel confident about your options, no need to hurry. Powers, if he loses the battle, can probably be traded for a Day 3 pick late in preseason.
    It ain't pretty, but it's us.
    AND I'M HERE FOR IT ALL, BABY.

We were getting healthier...

Always.
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jfoh View Post

This. I don't want another season where we are screwed on the o line because of injury. If everyone comes back healthy, you've got quality depth.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Valhain View Post
    You definately bring Houston back and Calais if he doesn't retire and the money is right. Tavon I can see coming back on a longer but cheaper contract.

Hill and a few others can be camp bodies and be cut later if you feel confident about your options, no need to hurry. Powers, if he loses the battle, can probably be traded for a Day 3 pick late in preseason.
    I originally wasn't in favor of bringing Houston back, but now with the Achilles injury to Bowser, bringing Houston back just became a lot more important. I like Tavon, but am worried about extending a player that misses as much time due to injury as he does. I think Campbell is going to retire, but if he doesn't I would be in favor of bringing either him or BWill back on a one year contract. I would keep Powers this upcoming year as a depth player on the OL. IMO, getting a day 3 pick for him is less important than having that depth in place.

The Ravens need to really have a thorough medical evaluation of Stanley and James's conditions by late March. Both of those guys should be able to move around pretty well by then. If they are looking like they will be ready, then I want the Ravens to draft a DL in the first round, and then draft an OT in the second round. If Stanley and/or James looks like they might not be ready for the start of next season, then take an OT in the first round.
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    I originally wasn't in favor of bringing Houston back, but now with the Achilles injury to Bowser, bringing Houston back just became a lot more important. I like Tavon, but am worried about extending a player that misses as much time due to injury as he does. I think Campbell is going to retire, but if he doesn't I would be in favor of bringing either him or BWill back on a one year contract. I would keep Powers this upcoming year as a depth player on the OL. IMO, getting a day 3 pick for him is less important than having that depth in place.

The Ravens need to really have a thorough medical evaluation of Stanley and James's conditions by late March. Both of those guys should be able to move around pretty well by then. If they are looking like they will be ready, then I want the Ravens to draft a DL in the first round, and then draft an OT in the second round. If Stanley and/or James looks like they might not be ready for the start of next season, then take an OT in the first round.
    We need to draft two more tackles no matter how those Medicaid go. One needs to be able to play on the left which means too 75 pick at worst.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    We need to draft two more tackles no matter how those Medicaid go. One needs to be able to play on the left which means too 75 pick at worst.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree that the Ravens need to draft an OT early, but just think that the first round might be overkill if Stanley and James are ready to go next season. That is why I said they should take a OT in the second round. The Ravens should still be able to get a very good player there, but still allow them to take an impact DL in the first round.
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Blog Entries

Jenson, Yanda, Gaither, Wagner, Cleveland, Zeus jr.....

These are just some of the guys the Ravens have drafted in the middle to late rounds. The Ravens can find gems on the OL like the Steelers do with WRs.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    It's nice to agree with you for a change.