Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Bozeman Question

Quote Originally Posted by 757RavensFan View Post
    Surprised no one has mentioned Colon-Castillo. His play was decent when he had to fill in for BB this year. He's only 23 yrs old and real cheap as an UFA. If Boze walks, I think the startihg C is already on the team with a competition between TCC and Mekari.

Wouldnt be surprised if this is our starting O Line.

Stanley
    Cleveland
    TCC/Mekari
    Zeitler
    James

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    I strongly believe Mekari is a RT, and I think TCC is a spot start at best. If we want to win we have to build this line.

Bozeman is gone. You can tell at his end of the season pressure how emotional he was talking about the franchise and his time here. Great guy but must have got word from his agent that he will no be coming back due to pricing himself out. I’m fine with TCC(23) and Mekari (24) battling it out for the center spot. Draft depth in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by RevBarnes View Post

We can pay Bozeman if we want to.
    We can fix our bad o-line
    cause his friends don't block
    and since they don't block
    they're no line of mine.

Say, we can run the ball on first down
    on second we'll try to pass
    And on the third we'll run
    from out the shot-gun
    Because Lamar is pretty fast.

But we can't block
    at all.

We'll go for it on fourth down
    though there's miles and miles to go
    The D will act real surprised
    when our offensive guys
    line up with 99 to go.

Hey, we could block if we want to
    just that we have never tried
    And you can act real sad and get really mad
    Cause, oh crap Lamar just died.

Credit the tune to Men without Hats, Safety Dance.
    Last edited by darb72; 01-21-2022 at 07:58 AM.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    I strongly believe Mekari is a RT, and I think TCC is a spot start at best. If we want to win we have to build this line.
    I agree with your last two points but I think the Ravens might see Mekari as more of an interior player or swing tackle than a starter, based on my impression they gave him more help with chips and TEs than they ever gave Orlando.

(I don't have the facts on that, but they did seem to give him more help. Can anyone confirm or correct me?)

Quote Originally Posted by jhoff66 View Post
    Bozeman is gone. You can tell at his end of the season pressure how emotional he was talking about the franchise and his time here. Great guy but must have got word from his agent that he will no be coming back due to pricing himself out. I’m fine with TCC(23) and Mekari (24) battling it out for the center spot. Draft depth in the draft.

He's gotta find that team that will match his price. He's also not bad at guard. He could find more there.

TCC is not a starter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    TCC is not a starter.

We said the same about Jensen in year 2.

Bozeman Question

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    We said the same about Jensen in year 2.
    Never said he couldn’t become something, but you don’t go into the season counting on anything from a player like this.

I like him as our 8/9 guy going into camp.

Last edited by jonboy79; 01-21-2022 at 11:02 AM.

Blog Entries

Surprised no one has mentioned Colon-Castillo. His play was decent when he had to fill in for BB this year. He's only 23 yrs old and real cheap as an UFA. If Boze walks, I think the startihg C is already on the team with a competition between TCC and Mekari.
    I think TCC is good backup and I feel like decent is okay if that's what you end up with after trying to get better at each spot, I mean it's better than the alternative of like, Tyre Phillips or Gino Gradkowski level play, but that shouldn't be what they are aiming for now, with a full offseason ahead of them.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

The Oline needs a real upgrade. Apart from one year of Jensen and a half year of Zuttah, the last nine years since Birk retired with the Lombardi under his arm, we have had crap at Center. Flacco and Lamar have suffered for it. Belichick believes in having an outstanding Center. Matt Ryan did not get close to the SB for years, until he had Alex Mack blocking for him. Ozzie tried hard to get Nick Mangold. EDC may go after Ben Jones in FA.

I hope EDC has made a decent, but not more than that, offer to Bozeman, not so much because I want to see Bozeman back at Center, but because I think he is a good LG and excellent backup Center. Since we have landed pick #14, the clearest path for improvement is to draft Linderbaum, even moving up to ca #10 to get him. He's got it all, and quality Centers last a long time.

Give Lamar and the whole offense a great present. And watch our TOP and PPG go up - also a big indirect boost for our defense.

Fallback position in case we don't get Linderbaum, Mekari competes with a 3rd or 4th rounder.
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

(AFCCG, January 2013)

Blog Entries

Wouldnt be surprised if this is our starting O Line.

Stanley
    Cleveland
    TCC/Mekari
    Zeitler
    James

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Colons play was certainly not decent and graded out poorly.