Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: “Falling Off the Kliff”

as I recall the Cards management wanted a young offensive type and missed out on other hires
    kind of local (southwest)
    apparently a good guy

He sure did a lot better than some other hires (Urban Meyer)
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Quote Originally Posted by Iamjacks View Post
    What about Switzer?
    Barry Switzer is one of the College football coaching greats...3 championships, annual top 5 poll finishes. He wasn't made out for the NFL, but he had a massively successful track record in college at Oklahoma in the 70's and 80's.

Kliff Kingsbury was literally hired coming off of 3 consecutive LOSING college seasons. 4 losing seasons out of 6, 35-40 record, 19-35 in the Big 12 conference. Nothing about that says he should have been hired as an NFL head coach.

GOTA made a great point that apparently the Cardinals gave him a ton of credit for Mahomes, but even with Mahomes, he managed one barely over .500 season when Mahomes was there. For me, the fact that NFL teams gave guys like him a shot (as well as guys who are obvious failures like Gase) is clown shit when there are so many other guys who have paid their dues and been successful and aren't beign given shots.
    Last edited by Raveninwoodlawn; 01-19-2022 at 05:43 PM.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Successful coordinators aren't necessarily good Head Coaches.

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Barry Switzer is one of the College football coaching greats...3 championships, annual top 5 poll finishes. He wasn't made out for the NFL, but he had a massively successful track record in college at Oklahoma in the 70's and 80's.

Kliff Kingsbury was literally hired coming off of 3 consecutive LOSING college seasons. 4 losing seasons out of 6, 35-40 record, 19-35 in the Big 12 conference. Nothing about that says he should have been hired as an NFL head coach.

GOTA made a great point that apparently the Cardinals gave him a ton of credit for Mahomes, but even with Mahomes, he managed one barely over .500 season when Mahomes was there. For me, the fact that NFL teams gave guys like him a shot (as well as guys who are obvious failures like Gase) is clown shit when there are so many other guys who have paid their dues and been successful and aren't beign given shots.
    Thank you for your thoughtful post.

He's winning at life. Google his gf.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I agree with both Shaslers and Lobachevsky. There are some guys who are better coordinators than Head Coaches. Kingsbury looks to be one of those guys, and if the Cardinals push that button, one of us needs to pull out the Visa card and fly him into BWI.
    If this happens, we’re starting a Cash App account called $Kliff2BmoreASAP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I agree with both Shaslers and Lobachevsky. There are some guys who are better coordinators than Head Coaches. Kingsbury looks to be one of those guys, and if the Cardinals push that button, one of us needs to pull out the Visa card and fly him into BWI.
    His collapse with the Cardinals was on offense. Everyone is complaining about people figuring Romans offense and yet want to hire someone whose offense also falls off of a "Kliff". They scored 10pts in loss to Carolina, 12pts in loss to Detroit and 16 pts in loss to Indy.

I think people are enamored with him because he passes a ton. Roman>Kingsbury.
    Last edited by Twitch11; 01-21-2022 at 02:45 PM.

“Falling Off the Kliff”

Quote Originally Posted by Twitch11 View Post
    His collapse with the Cardinals was on offense. Everyone is complaining about people figuring Romans offense and yet want to hire someone whose offense also falls off of a "Kliff". They scored 10pts in loss to Carolina, 12pts in loss to Detroit and 16 pts in loss to Indy.

I people are enamored with him because he passes a ton. Roman>Kingsbury.
    Bingo, most just care about pass attempts and little more. Also why they have interest in Joe Brady who was fired for not running the ball enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Twitch11 View Post

I think people are enamored with him because he passes a ton. Roman>Kingsbury.
    Think the loss of DHop might have something to do with that?
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Think the loss of DHop might have something to do with that?
    . If you need an all world wr to score more than 12pts on Detroit your not a brilliant OC.