Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Incorporate one change to Ravens offense to transform it

Stop the designed QB runs every other play. Lamar is the best runner/athlete on the field but he is a QB first. Let him throw the ball and run when things break down.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

A lot more RPO’s.

Blog Entries

Replace Roman with an innovative OC that runs the Erhardt-Perkins System.
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

1,) Investigate the medical staff with the handling of Stanley, Boyle, and Wolfe’s injuries. We heard about these players coming back and being healthy, then poof…IR.

Or

2.) Get a new OC with more creativity, balance, and discipline. Our offense is just bland, predictable, with too many pre snap penalties (as others have mentioned the play clock). There’s also no reason for the front office to invest draft capital and salary for offensive players if we’re not going to utilize their strengths (Duvernay, Brown, Bateman, Watkins, Proche). We saw too many times this year where they would flash and then be completely taken out of the game plan. To have the game plan based around the like of Freeman, Bell, and Murray is criminal when we have other options to help carry the load.

Buid an impenetrable offensive line and an unstoppalbe defensive line.

Priority 1......fix the O line. Many things on the offense will fix itself if they can manage this one thing. We can assume that we will have a healthy backfield.....I think. That in itself will take pressure of Jackson. It will give Lamar time to throw and let plays develop. Will allow the passing game to develop because defenses will then have to respect the run. The game of football is still fundamentally the same as it's always been. Games are won and lost in the trenches. Right now the Ravens are uncertain on both sides of the ball. They need to address these issues before anything else.

NFL QB

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yogidriver View Post
    Hmmmm....my offense doesn't work....I don't know anything about offense....I'll call my brother, maybe he knows
    Lol, but maybe true

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Is "fix the offensive line" one thing or is it several? Because that's it. IMO many to most of the complaints here will disappear if they just protect Lamar.
    I would say that's one thing

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Wizard of OZ View Post
    Some people don't read, but anyways. I think schematically, what I would do is less Pat Ricard (if they should choose to resign) and more Proche, Wallace in spread sets building in more concepts where Bateman is a part of the initial read, like they have for Andrews. This is kinda two things that function together as one but...

Ehhh can't help it have to add one more thing. In our two TE personnel package (12 personnel) I think we need to average between 8-12 RPOs a game. That's two/three a quarter. Our success rate on these was pretty high this year, we just did not keep hitting defenses with them enough.
    It's cool, I know thinking like this brings up more possibilities, it's really tough to choose just one!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iamjacks View Post
    State the one change you would make to the Ravens offense to transform it and what would it produce to deliver the Ravens a superbowl next year
    Get Lamar to reign in his improvisational/adlib tendencies and play more within the play structure, exhaust all the possibilities in a given play before going into playground mode.

Starts with accountability.

It means more discipline with play execution rhythm and dropback, more consistent fundamentals, arm angle and throwing base/platform, better blitz recognition and site adjustments.
    Everything involved with SHAPE:

• Site: Did the QB recognize the pre-snap defense?

• Hot: Did he direct the "hot" receiver where to go?

• Alert: Did he correctly alter the play at the line of scrimmage?

• Progression: Did he correctly read the defense and locate his options?

• Execution: How were the mechanics on his drop and throw? What was the result?

The goal of fixing Lamar's passing game discipline and fundamentals should be Harbaugh's clear mandate to Roman, Roman's mandate all the position coaches but especially Urban.
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Finisher View Post
    Replace Roman with someone who isn't a moron.
    Are you aware that ROMAN is one vowel-shift away from an anagram for MORON?!?!?!

Doesn't matter how many superclever running plays he's drawn up & stuffed in his rucksack, if it takes him half a minute to choose one & get it into the huddle he's no better than a MORON.
    ...If yinz ain't vaxxed & boosted by now, ain't nuffin' I say gonna change yer mind. Just don't drop dead on my lawn.

Слава Україні! героям слава!