3D Printing side hustle?

Whats up guys, most of you know i've been pretty lost with what im doing with my life ever since i left my contracting gig for the DOD. Right now I am doing work from home stuff for Verizon which....its a job, but obviously this isnt something i plan on doing for the next 20+ years. So i have been researching side hustles to do from home that can potentially become a full time gig and i keep coming back to 3D printing. I do get a decent chunk from the VA starting Feb 1st so i will have some disposable income, while also working the verizon gig, been struggling for awhile and i want to make sure never again. So i have been non stop reading and watching videos about everything i can ie start up costs, what to produce, what printers to use, etc etc. So, so random questions for you more business savvy guys. I just want to take control of my own life and im not trying to become the next Bezos or Musk

1) Anyone have any experience with 3D printers, the software designs? Feel free to share everything possible or that you are willing

2) I am still a little confused on licensing of certain things ie lets say these ads i keep seeing for "3D Printed Darth Vader pen holder statue" and im no lawyer, but seems that would violate some laws, no? Or like making Baltimore Ravens Money Clips...etc

3) What uses can you think of that are out of the norm that someone could potentially find a niche in or that you have noticed a need? Right now this is the interesting struggle of thinking of what to actually produce. A big market is high quality cosplay stuff ie helmets, swords, action figures, etc. People are also making jewelry, vases, phone cases, etc.... I havent came up with some ground breaking idea that is a one off. Another market is just 3D designs and prints, like local business logos, or certain parts.

As always, i appreciate you guys and your opinions
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Re: 3D Printing side hustle?

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    Whats up guys, most of you know i've been pretty lost with what im doing with my life ever since i left my contracting gig for the DOD. Right now I am doing work from home stuff for Verizon which....its a job, but obviously this isnt something i plan on doing for the next 20+ years. So i have been researching side hustles to do from home that can potentially become a full time gig and i keep coming back to 3D printing. I do get a decent chunk from the VA starting Feb 1st so i will have some disposable income, while also working the verizon gig, been struggling for awhile and i want to make sure never again. So i have been non stop reading and watching videos about everything i can ie start up costs, what to produce, what printers to use, etc etc. So, so random questions for you more business savvy guys. I just want to take control of my own life and im not trying to become the next Bezos or Musk

1) Anyone have any experience with 3D printers, the software designs? Feel free to share everything possible or that you are willing

2) I am still a little confused on licensing of certain things ie lets say these ads i keep seeing for "3D Printed Darth Vader pen holder statue" and im no lawyer, but seems that would violate some laws, no? Or like making Baltimore Ravens Money Clips...etc

3) What uses can you think of that are out of the norm that someone could potentially find a niche in or that you have noticed a need? Right now this is the interesting struggle of thinking of what to actually produce. A big market is high quality cosplay stuff ie helmets, swords, action figures, etc. People are also making jewelry, vases, phone cases, etc.... I havent came up with some ground breaking idea that is a one off. Another market is just 3D designs and prints, like local business logos, or certain parts.

As always, i appreciate you guys and your opinions
    So there's definitely a website out two out there that do miniatures for tabletop rpgs. I've also seen people selling designs, so maybe a service to help people get said designs printed? Another option might be to help people who have invention ideas prototype them.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk