Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Drake London

Re: Drake London

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    If we lose Hollywood, we can just draft another WR on Day 2 next year. These days every draft has good receivers available at least into the 4th round. It's becoming a pretty replaceable position like running back used to be.
    How have day 2 WR picks worked out for us

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Since Harbaugh took over and we drafted Flacco:

Torrey Smith - one of, if not the best WR we've drafted. Not that it's a high bar.
    Miles Boykin - subject of one of the most epic threads in board history!
    Devin Duvernay - just made the All Pro team, albeit as a returner.

2/3 ain't bad

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Miles Boykin - subject of one of the most epic threads in board history!
    Cap'n Silver gets a-buck-a-post on that thread. So far he's taken his significant other to London, Paris, and Rome. 1st class air-fare, 5 star hotels, and gourmet dinners... Bc

Blog Entries

56 trgts 33 catches 470 yards 14.2avg 7 td
    73 trgts 53 catches 473 yards 8.9 avg 2 td

this board hates one ☝️ of these guys

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    56 trgts 33 catches 470 yards 14.2avg 7 td
    73 trgts 53 catches 473 yards 8.9 avg 2 td

this board hates one ☝️ of these guys
    Can we get the INT stat up there too lol

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Do you really think that's relevant, like some kind of curse has been placed on the team and Day 2 WRs will always fail in Baltimore?

It's probably more relevant how the rest of the league has done on Day 2 lately, and the answer is pretty well.

It was probably more of an Ozzie problem. I don't think EDC has the same issues picking receivers, considering it's a position with quite a high fail rate in general, he seems to be closer to league average.

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    Do you really think that's relevant, like some kind of curse has been placed on the team and Day 2 WRs will always fail in Baltimore?

It's probably more relevant how the rest of the league has done on Day 2 lately, and the answer is pretty well.

It was probably more of an Ozzie problem. I don't think EDC has the same issues picking receivers, considering it's a position with quite a high fail rate in general, he seems to be closer to league average.
    Here's what I do know:

If the Ravens draft WR in round 1, I won't be happy. Not the way the board looks. Especially if they stay put at 14. I like the Ohio St receivers best (Wilson, Olave) but there's no Ja'Marr Chase here. I don't want the team to acquire someone with expectations to take snaps away from everyone else, whether it's a high draft pick or an expensive FA or trade.

If the Ravens draft a WR in round 2, I may not mind so long as it's Christian Watson or George Pickens.

Provided the team addressed two other positions in Rds 1/2, round 3 is open season for WR in my book. These would be my targets, WR on the larger side

Alec Pierce - 6'3", 211
    Jalen Tolbert - 6'1", 194
    Justyn Ross - 6'4", 205

I do not believe these guys are much worse than the Rd 1 WR, if at all.

...and if they want to wait until Rd 4 that's okay too. I have no issue with drafting a WR to compete for depth with Duvernay, Proche, Wallace, and a cheap vet if they decide to do that. They have enough picks in the mid rounds to afford it.

The guy that's going to be a steal is probably Calvin Austin from Memphis. He is special, but he's 5'8", 170 and therefore redundant.

Blog Entries

When is USC's pro-day?

Drake is gonna need to put up a good 40 to stay in the top 10.
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Here's what I do know:

If the Ravens draft WR in round 1, I won't be happy. Not the way the board looks. Especially if they stay put at 14. I like the Ohio St receivers best (Wilson, Olave) but there's no Ja'Marr Chase here. I don't want the team to acquire someone with expectations to take snaps away from everyone else, whether it's a high draft pick or an expensive FA or trade.

If the Ravens draft a WR in round 2, I may not mind so long as it's Christian Watson or George Pickens.

Provided the team addressed two other positions in Rds 1/2, round 3 is open season for WR in my book. These would be my targets, WR on the larger side

Alec Pierce - 6'3", 211
    Jalen Tolbert - 6'1", 194
    Justyn Ross - 6'4", 205

I do not believe these guys are much worse than the Rd 1 WR, if at all.

...and if they want to wait until Rd 4 that's okay too. I have no issue with drafting a WR to compete for depth with Duvernay, Proche, Wallace, and a cheap vet if they decide to do that. They have enough picks in the mid rounds to afford it.

The guy that's going to be a steal is probably Calvin Austin from Memphis. He is special, but he's 5'8", 170 and therefore redundant.
    I was always calling for receiver picks, but I think they've got them now and I don't really want to draft any this year, not unless it's another Wallace type pick where the value is glaring, I suppose. But even then, with so many needs on defense and the O Line, I'd rather they didn't.

Because I'm quite high on the WRs they've got, I'd be happy going into the season with 5 to leave room for another TE, RB or both to cover for starters coming off injuries.

Oh no not again. Please fix the other needs first. Lamar needs to fastly improve to best utilize the players he's got and to improve he needs to be protected for more than 1 second.

Receipt time

Blog Entries

Y’all do a better job scouting receivers than the people who get paid millions to do it…smh yet still we just bar noise right??