Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Andy Reid would never leave TJ Watt unblocked….

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    Yeah, I like Jonboy even if we disagree. He’s a good poster. But this thread completely backfired on him and shows how non creative and Mickey Mouse our play calling is.
    It’s not about any of that. It’s the simple concept that leaving Watt unblocked is a good thing, not a bad one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    It’s not about any of that. It’s the simple concept that leaving Watt unblocked is a good thing, not a bad one.

Was at that game and seated in the end zone where the Ravens were going for 2. The play used Watts aggressive nature against him and a little more air on that ball was game over for the Steelers. I thought it was a great play call by the Ravens.

Quote Originally Posted by footballfan View Post
    Was at that game and seated in the end zone where the Ravens were going for 2. The play used Watts aggressive nature against him and a little more air on that ball was game over for the Steelers. I thought it was a great play call by the Ravens.
    Agreed, and it can ALSO be true that this was a better play design, which it was.
    To me the irony was the literal suggestion that Andy Reid would never leave a HOF’er like Watt’s aggressiveness against him and we see it in the playoffs near the goal line, almost as if he read this board and flipped some of us off.

Agreed, and it can ALSO be true that this was a better play design, which it was.
    To me the irony was the literal suggestion that Andy Reid would never leave a HOF’er like Watt’s aggressiveness against him and we see it in the playoffs near the goal line, almost as if he read this board and flipped some of us off.

That’s not true though. It’s not the same at all. He didn’t even throw it in Watts direction, the play was a screen up the middle most likely because Watt was on the outside. They gave him a free release, but didn’t run the play at him. They just made it look like they were going to.

We asked Lamar basically to make a better play than Watt in that situation, did the Chiefs ask Mahomes to make a better play than Watt? No, because they avoided him.

https://youtu.be/qJh6UJOqmE0

Look closely at the replay, Mahomes even pump fakes in Watts direction before tossing the ball away from him. We just expected Lamar to make the throw to Andrews over the top or around Watt.

That’s not true though. It’s not the same at all. He didn’t even throw it in Watts direction, the play was a screen up the middle most likely because Watt was on the outside. They gave him a free release, but didn’t run the play at him. They just made it look like they were going to.

We asked Lamar basically to make a better play than Watt in that situation, did the Chiefs ask Mahomes to make a better play than Watt? No, because they avoided him.
    They ran a play just inside of him after he ran himself out of the play…

You are over complicating my point here. It’s as simple as the suggestion the Reid would never do that…

They ran a play just inside of him after he ran himself out of the play…

You are over complicating my point here. It’s as simple as the suggestion the Reid would never do that…

I’ll make it simple.

Greg Roman made TJ Watt the focal point of the play. Lamar had to outplay him at that moment to succeed.

Andy Reid completely took Watt out of the play with eye candy and a pump fake to the offensive player that we threw it to in that situation.

Yes, we both gave Watt a free rush, but there’s a big difference in why.

Andy Reid would never leave TJ Watt unblocked….

I’ll make it simple.

Greg Roman made TJ Watt the focal point of the play. Lamar had to outplay him at that moment to succeed.

Andy Reid completely took Watt out of the play with eye candy and a pump fake to the offensive player that we threw it to in that situation.

Yes, we both gave Watt a free rush, but there’s a big difference in why.
    I already agreed the Kc play was better, the whole point of this post was to poke at the ribs of those who said the titular statement…

However both play calls succeeded:. The one with the higher degree of difficulty failed in execution, the one with the lower degree of difficulty succeeded in execution.

I already agreed the Kc play was better, the whole point of this post was to poke at the ribs of those who said the titular statement…

Ok I feel you.

Come on bro, don’t do that. Just yesterday you were praising me for criticizing Lamar.

I understand what you were trying to do, but your post just proved our point. If they would have Ran the same exact play you would be right. But they ran a completely different more creative play then we did. Can you really argue that? If Mahomes would have thrown it to Kelce I get it. But Kelce was a decoy so they could set up a screen, which is something we still can’t execute.
    I can see where he's coming from. Someone did literally say in another thread that Reid would never leave Watt unblocked. No commentary on situation, just that he never would.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Yeah, I like Jonboy even if we disagree. He’s a good poster. But this thread completely backfired on him and shows how non creative and Mickey Mouse our play calling is.
    Like, ‘Our offense played poorly for the majority of the game, but with the game on the line, we’re going to have our struggling QB throw the most predictable out in the world, to the most predictable target. And on top of that, we’re to completely stick our dock down Tomlin’s throat by letting his best defender run free and throw the ball over his head for the win’. That made no sense what so ever.

Vs Yesterday: ‘I love John, but that Roman guy is an idiot. So, I’m gonna have to show John how it’s done. So, I’m gonna put Tyreek out there and bait Watt into thinking it’s a quick out, and even fake the back chipping, and then he’ll be stuck in one spot, completely opening up the middle for a ring toss to that very RB.’

12. Re: Andy Reid would never leave TJ Watt unblocked….

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    I can see where he's coming from. Someone did literally say in another thread that Reid would never leave Watt unblocked. No commentary on situation, just that he never would.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
    Not only did they say Reid would NEVER do that, a number of other posters agreed proclaiming it down right stupid. I happen to agree with Footballfan, it was a great playcall that failed because our QB failed to throw a catchable ball.