Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

It's not just the injuries: Elephant in the phone booth thread

I don't know where to put this and I'm not trying to flame.

ITS OBVIOUS THAT THE INJURIES DERAILED OUR SEASON; however, watching some of these teams in the playoffs playing 2022 football makes me jealous. Watching teams that allegedly have less talent than us get after the passer, receivers getting open and covering the middle of the field, leaves me to think that maybe we just don't have the talent as other teams. Outside of Lamar we have no playmaker. He may not be the passer that people want but we won games because of his play.

So we should really begin to question how this team builds and develops it roster. Whether it is on Decosta or Harbaugh or both. We have a plodding defense and a mauling high school offense. We really lack athleticism.

If the injured guys had played this year we may have won some more games but I'm not sure we have the talent on both sides of the ball to make a legitimate run in the post season.

Blog Entries

Re: It's not just the injuries: Elephant in the phone booth thread

It’s the injuries.

49ers had a similar injury season last year and only won 6 games, a season after getting to the super bowl. Attrition through injuries is the most underrated thing in the NFL, it largely decides who is going to win the super bowl.

What team in the playoffs have less talent than us. We were playing more street people than everybody in the NFL

Whoever this first round pick is going to be they need to hit on it.

Eagles, pats, raiders. steelers, 49ers... just to name a few . Don't forget on the dn the defensive side of the ball we were still getting worked when we had averitt, humphrey and elliott.

Quote Originally Posted by Noelle18 View Post
    What team in the playoffs have less talent than us. We were playing more street people than everybody in the NFL
    Titans got 1st round bye with just as many people hurt this year I believe
    Burn it down

We have playmakers. We just have moron coaches who don't maximize their talents.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    Not nearly the same magnitude of injuries. Not even close. Man games lost they were right there sure, but they didn’t lose nearly the talent we did. Not even close.

That said, I think Vrabel is coy because of what the Titans did.

When Dak has to move around He's inactive with the ball...... He's really a dropback plant and throw kind of guy

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by Finisher View Post
    We have playmakers. We just have moron coaches who don't maximize their talents.
    This is pretty much the camp I'm in. Jackson, Tucker, Andrew's all playmakers but are being disserviced by the coaching.

Quote Originally Posted by Finisher View Post
    This. The Ravens have just as much talent as any team when healthy. They just weren't healthy at all this year.

That said, the coaching staff sucks at properly utilizing talent and making in game adjustments when needed.
    90% of the game is half mental

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    They did but most of their injuries were in November. They found a way to win without their playmakers which is why I think they’ll go deep in the playoffs. But they’re getting their guys back now

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!