Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: NFL Coaching Changes (Non-Ravens)

I stand corrected. My apologies.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jfoh View Post
    You have to wonder about hiring a coach who has failed once already. Is it because they, the new teams think failure taught them how to get it right or that it was just a bad fit, with a bad team? If the later most of these teams hiring are real bad teams, looking for a coach to fix them by just showing up. Truth is a bad draft will get a lot of coaches fired faster than a bad coaching job. Fix the drafting and you would have a lot fewer coaching openings.
    Bill Belichick failed with the Browns before being Head Coach of the Patriots... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sailorsam View Post
    Speculation remains about the future of Pete Carroll in Seattle.
    ESPN - Source: Pete Carroll's job security not a topic in routine meeting with Seattle Seahawks GM, owner :

" The meeting reviewed the Seahawks' 2021 season -- their first losing campaign since 2011 -- and looked ahead to 2022.

Carroll is under contract through the 2025 season. "

... Bc

I think the Seahawks, like the Ravens, (brain trust) are writing 2021 off as an anomaly.
    if they go .500 next year I see changes (both teams)
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sailorsam View Post
    I think the Seahawks, like the Ravens, (brain trust) are writing 2021 off as an anomaly.
    if they go .500 next year I see changes (both teams)
    Nah. Biscuit isn't letting go of his BFF even if they are under .500 - Harbaugh will be extended and we can revisit this thread in another 4 years.

Blog Entries

Texans interviewing Josh McCown for head coach...

Jim Harbaugh is in Tampa recruiting, doing some squats at the high school gym

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Looks more likes he is taking a dump on the Nittany Lions
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Texans interviewing Josh McCown for head coach...

Jim Harbaugh is in Tampa recruiting, doing some squats at the high school gym

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jfoh View Post
    You have to wonder about hiring a coach who has failed once already. Is it because they, the new teams think failure taught them how to get it right or that it was just a bad fit, with a bad team? If the later most of these teams hiring are real bad teams, looking for a coach to fix them by just showing up. Truth is a bad draft will get a lot of coaches fired faster than a bad coaching job. Fix the drafting and you would have a lot fewer coaching openings.
    Belichick failed in Cleveland, coaches who don't make a pariah of themselves tend to get two shots, like first round draft picks.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by one eyed bird View Post
    Looks more likes he is taking a dump on the Nittany Lions
    I'm an old fart and I did 120 squats this morning although I have to use dumbells because I don't have access to a rack. He's showing perfect form and that's a tiger. Jesuit Tigers Football

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Bill Belichick failed with the Browns before being Head Coach of the Patriots... Bc
    Excellent point. Just as Pete Carroll in NE.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Blog Entries

Saw this tidbit on Twitter:

ProFootballTalk
    @ProFootballTalk
    The Texans, who really want to hire Josh McCown as the team's next head coach, hope another team with a vacancy will interview him, in order to help legitimize the move they'd like to make.
    Texans doing their best to take Washington's throne as worst managed and most dysfunctional organization in football. Not even speaking about hiring McCown just...you care that much about what people think that you are going to sit on the move you want to make? If you believe in the guy then hire him.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I'm an old fart and I did 120 squats this morning although I have to use dumbells because I don't have access to a rack. He's showing perfect form and that's a tiger. Jesuit Tigers Football
    Good job! 120 is respectable. I know my knees cant be doing the weight I used to do. His form is good, but he is also getting an assist from the machine. Hell a lot harder without. I used to use the box cage, but you have to be at a Golds or World Gym to usually find those.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Saw this tidbit on Twitter:

Texans doing their best to take Washington's throne as worst managed and most dysfunctional organization in football. Not even speaking about hiring McCown just...you care that much about what people think that you are going to sit on the move you want to make? If you believe in the guy then hire him.
    Seriously, what... in... the.... actual....... FUCK? I'd hate to be a Texans fan. Any shot at relevancy is at least another decade away.