Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Blog Entries

Re: Playoffs vs Regular season.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    How has the last 3 years of being a Broncos fan been for you? Did you stay there or follow Flacco to the Jets and Eagles and Jets again?
    The only teams I honestly pull for these days are the ones I have money on. Once you take your bias out and watch the nfl as a whole it really open your eyes. It also helps once you quit watching the talking heads and listen more to book makers and professional gamblers. Right now I’m pulling for Tennessee as I have a pretty nice future ticket on them to win the AFC.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Because they’ve never developed a QB who reached his full potential as a passer. They even had a QB who led us to a title and then pigeonholed him back to the same slow, prodding ball control offense. Only throwing, because the run wasn’t working and they used a bunch of short safe throws as an extension of the run.

Somehow, a QB goes on that run and you don’t think to yourself: ‘You know, Ray’s retiring and Reed isn’t far behind. Perhaps it’s best to build this team around Flacco and the passing offense.’

Nope, trade Boldin and spend the first four picks in that draft on defense.
    Say it again, Ex! NEVER.

Billick didn't have the luxury of a franchise qb in the 9 years he was here. Harbs has had two.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Say it again, Ex! NEVER.

Billick didn't have the luxury of a franchise qb in the 9 years he was here. Harbs has had two.
    If Billick ever landed a real franchise QB he would have dropped from the dark side and gone back to being an offensive guru in a second.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Say it again, Ex! NEVER.

This coaching staff has one way they want to win, one way they’ve always wanted to win and we won our second title in spite of them (Harbaugh) trying to win that way. If a QB throws 11 TDs in a postseason run that outshines Brady and Manning in their houses no less, and you STILL refuse to make the passing offense the focal point, nothing will convince you. Which you, I and others, understand. Which is why we at least want Roman gone, because we know they have no intention of evolving this offense. They are going to try and get everyone healthy and recreate 2019 and it will fail, because the scheme doesn’t fool teams now the way it did back then.

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    If Billick ever landed a real franchise QB he would have dropped from the dark side and gone back to being an offensive guru in a second.
    Not to derail the discussion but man I wonder what Billick's career would have been had he gotten another shot at coaching (or had a talented offense while here). Mostly surprised that he never went back to being a coordinator at least for a bit. He was/is an endlessly entertaining guy and quite smart