Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Re: Playoffs vs Regular season.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Allen and Mahomes absolutely. I'm not sure the other one Mclend was talking about, I assume Burrrow and...? Herbert? Mac Jones? Am I forgetting someone. I don't think I'd take those guys over Lamar yet. Burrow and Herbert def close tho.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
    Agreed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GA_Baltimorean View Post
    Legitimately curious, where did you hear this from and can you elaborate on this a bit more? For me personally, I just don't see it with the play calling he's shown this year. There was nothing creative or surprising that stood out to me, and many of the same plays were reused every game that were predictable (Duvernay sweeps). This paired with the lack of utilization of our playmakers like a Duvernay, Bateman, Williams over a Freeman, Bell, Wallace, Boykin, and company, makes me doubt Roman had all these great plays for a rainy day.
    Think it was a Sammy Watkins training camp quote but i really can’t remember for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    This is why I can’t blame Lamar 100% and want to see him with some real elite creative offensive coaching. I mean, He had WAYY more creative coaching when he was in college. Watching the level of creativity from the Bills and Bengals last night was eye opening. We go into the playoffs with the same regular season game plan. Does anybody know if Roman has opened the vault yet?
    I personally do not think its Lamar either. Its absolutely coaching.

IN the Bills game, on one running play, their center snapped the ball so fast and started pulling left he was lead blocker 10 yards up the field just clearing a path for their RB. You never see that type of play here, or level of play here.

Its entirely coaching or lack there of.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Why do YOU have to see it?
    The coaches see it every day at practice. Why can’t we trust their decisions?

LMFAO NO. Absolutely not.

These bum ass coaches told Ravens fan base Leveon Bell was still a RB. They told you that Aleandro Villaneuva was a starting RT.

No you cannot trust their opinion, they clearly do not know WTF they are looking at.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post

These bum ass coaches told Ravens fan base Leveon Bell was still a RB. They told you that Aleandro Villaneuva was a starting RT.

No you cannot trust their opinion, they clearly do not know WTF they are looking at.
    Right because you would nail every free agent signing and draft pick you make.
    You don’t seem to remember that the first two RBs on the roster went down with injuries. Stop acting like they chose Bell because he was their top choice. They had to kick the tires on several guys.
    It’s hard to say you can’t trust someone when you can’t even put a little thought behind the post you’re making saying you don’t trust them.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post

This is a great point though! Hell nah we shouldn’t trust their decision making lol. They also didnt have Proche active with the season on the line. Didn’t think a Baller like Tim Patrick was good enough back when we had shit for receivers. Let Darious Williams go when you can’t have enough corners. I guess Zach Seiler wasn’t good enough to be on the Ravens. I can literally go on and on. Bell, Villanueva. Playing Patrick Queen out of position half of the season. Not starting Bateman until Sammy got hurt. Dropping Dlineman in coverage and blitzing corners.

Blog Entries

Why do YOU have to see it?
    The coaches see it every day at practice. Why can’t we trust their decisions?

Because they’ve never developed a QB who reached his full potential as a passer. They even had a QB who led us to a title and then pigeonholed him back to the same slow, prodding ball control offense. Only throwing, because the run wasn’t working and they used a bunch of short safe throws as an extension of the run.

Somehow, a QB goes on that run and you don’t think to yourself: ‘You know, Ray’s retiring and Reed isn’t far behind. Perhaps it’s best to build this team around Flacco and the passing offense.’

Nope, trade Boldin and spend the first four picks in that draft on defense.

Blog Entries

Seriously, a QB three 11 touchdown passes in a playoff run and the Coach then decided the best idea was to trade his best WR, NOT to replace him with a DeAndre Hopkins (Who they could have traded up and got), but to somehow expect Doss to replace him.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Because they’ve never developed a QB who reached his full potential as a passer. They even had a QB who led us to a title and then pigeonholed him back to the same slow, prodding ball control offense. Only throwing, because the run wasn’t working and they used a bunch of short safe throws as an extension of the run.

Somehow, a QB goes on that run and you don’t think to yourself: ‘You know, Ray’s retiring and Reed isn’t far behind. Perhaps it’s best to build this team around Flacco and the passing offense.’

Nope, trade Boldin and spend the first four picks in that draft on defense.
    Lamar was a unanimous MVP. Kaep arnica made the SB, Taylor made the pro bowl.

None of the three are nearly that talented: I’d say the exact opposite of your first systems. Is the truth. He consistently coaches up sub par QB’s to their very best.

Running, ball control offense and good defense has won more Super Bowls than all other methods combined. That IS winning football.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Seriously, a QB three 11 touchdown passes in a playoff run and the Coach then decided the best idea was to trade his best WR, NOT to replace him with a DeAndre Hopkins (Who they could have traded up and got), but to somehow expect Doss to replace him.
    WR is among the least important positions in football if your goal is to win playoff games that aren’t played on peoples phones.

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    This is a great point though! Hell nah we shouldn’t trust their decision making lol. They also didnt have Proche active with the season on the line. Didn’t think a Baller like Tim Patrick was good enough back when we had shit for receivers. Let Darious Williams go when you can’t have enough corners. I guess Zach Seiler wasn’t good enough to be on the Ravens. I can literally go on and on. Bell, Villanueva. Playing Patrick Queen out of position half of the season. Not starting Bateman until Sammy got hurt. Dropping Dlineman in coverage and blitzing corners.
    You realize that by bringing up some of our biggest misses as not holding onto Zach Seiler and Tim Patrick, this actually disproves your point?

Lamar was a unanimous MVP. Kaep arnica made the SB, Taylor made the pro bowl.

None of the three are nearly that talented: I’d say the exact opposite of your first systems. Is the truth. He consistently coaches up sub par QB’s to their very best.

Running, ball control offense and good defense has won more Super Bowls than all other methods combined. That IS winning football.

Lamar isn’t that talented?? Let me have what you are smoking