Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Playoffs vs Regular season.

Injuries. Once we get everyone back healthy, you'll see it. We have a top 3 coaching staff.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    I am proud to see you not excusing Lamar.
    I can I cant place all the blame on him however.

I have heard mention that Roman’s playbook would make a bible jealous, but they this far have only been able to dip their toe into it because it is too much for some to digest. Is that a thinly veiled shot at Lamar? I do not know and won’t pretend to, maybe it’s at Hollywood or the OL or angus and Dobbins, we may never know:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I’ve always kept it real. I love Lamar, but I’ll call him out for his shit just like I did with Flacco.

If that’s the case, we need to find out. I don’t like the whole, we don’t do this because we think Lamar can’t do it, or we can’t do that because Lamar might not be smart enough or not able to execute the throw. I want to see him succeed or fail at running a creative, aggressive, complex offense and see if he will sink or swim. I mean, year 1 and 2 I get it, but we are at a crossroads now with so many questions that need to be answered.

If he can’t do it, well we have our answer going forward. If he can do it, which I truly believe he can, we’ve been holding him back this whole time and might have missed out on a Superbowl playing scared.

This is why I don’t like Harbs feeling so secure in his job. If he knew his ass was on the hot seat, we would know by now because they’d be forced to change in order to save their job.

Yesterday they showed the Bengals O coordinator in the booth. But when the showed the head coach, he had a play sheet in his hand. Andy Reid does the same when the offense is on the field. Harbaugh lets the coaches call the plays.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Yeah I wouldn’t jump on Burrow over Lamar either but a Mahomes and Allen clearly are. I would say it’s undeniable at this point:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Allen and Mahomes absolutely. I'm not sure the other one Mclend was talking about, I assume Burrrow and...? Herbert? Mac Jones? Am I forgetting someone. I don't think I'd take those guys over Lamar yet. Burrow and Herbert def close tho.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by stevez51 View Post
    Yesterday they showed the Bengals O coordinator in the booth. But when the showed the head coach, he had a play sheet in his hand. Andy Reid does the same when the offense is on the field. Harbaugh lets the coaches call the plays.
    I think Zac Taylor calls the plays. They have a coordinator to check defensive personnel, organize for Taylor, and help out. But ultimately, Taylor calls the plays and if they lose, he wants it on his shoulders. Harbs always has somebody else to blame. It’s Decosta, it’s Lamar, it’s Roman, Wink blitzes too much. It’s never Harbs fault and I just can’t respect that.

It's not just the offensive ineptitude in the playoffs. We really need to look if our defensive schemes/personnel are sustainable against teams that can pass the ball and use the pass to set up the run game. We don't have linebackers that can cover, no true free safety, no pass rush. In addition, next season Peters is a year older and coming off a knee, Humphrey who was picked on this season coming of a pec and Bowser if we get him by early season coming off the Achillies. I love Peters ball hawking skills but he also gets beat in man coverage especially with speed receivers. Martindale's exotic schemes aren't particularly novel anymore and good play-off quarterbacks know how to attack them. We spend draft and free agent capital every year on pass rush and it doesn't get better. Whether its about talent evaluation, player development or scheme that has to be fixed if we want to make a legitimate run in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Allen and Mahomes absolutely. I'm not sure the other one Mclend was talking about, I assume Burrrow and...? Herbert? Mac Jones? Am I forgetting someone. I don't think I'd take those guys over Lamar yet. Burrow and Herbert def close tho.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
    Mahomes, Burrow, Allen, Herbert, Lamar. That’s how it’s looking right now but Lamar and Herbert are a toss up. I think Burrow is solidifying that he’s better than Lamar now. And that really pisses me off to admit.

Also Deshaun Watson is probably back next year.

Quote Originally Posted by beavery View Post
    It's not just the offensive ineptitude in the playoffs. We really need to look if our defensive schemes/personnel are sustainable against teams that can pass the ball and use the pass to set up the run game. We don't have linebackers that can cover, no true free safety, no pass rush. In addition, next season Peters is a year older and coming off a knee, Humphrey who was picked on this season coming of a pec and Bowser if we get him by early season coming off the Achillies. I love Peters ball hawking skills but he also gets beat in man coverage especially with speed receivers. Martindale's exotic schemes aren't particularly novel anymore and good play-off quarterbacks know how to attack them. We spend draft and free agent capital every year on pass rush and it doesn't get better. Whether its about talent evaluation, player development or scheme that has to be fixed if we want to make a legitimate run in the playoffs.
    This is also a very good point.

Quote Originally Posted by beavery View Post
    Wink's defense was really great the last time they appeared in the playoffs.

You've got a point about teams beginning to catch up on his scheme but there's still a lot to like about Wink as DC, from how hard players play for him to well he integrates new players into his scheme at short notice. His defenses just seem well coached.

I don't think the Ravens put a particularly large amount of resources into the pass rush compared to the average. Every team puts quite a lot into the rush, either through money or picks, because if you don't have the right players you have to keep trying until you get them. And if you've got them, you need to pay them.

Do you guys remember the three injuries we suffered just before the 2019 playoffs? Ingram, Andrews and LJ all got injured late in the Browns game. All leg injuries. None were at 100% for the playoff game. Ingram never really recovered. So you lost effectively your best running back, your QB as a top run option and your favorite TE. Then you had GRo panic play calling and LJ threw about 50 short passes for the loss. Or 2020 you had GRo once again go off script in the Buffalo game until LJ was forced into passing every down until he got his head cracked. Again a poor play call after one another until he got hurt. Maybe GRo just does not call good plays in big games like post season.

Why are the Bengals so good right now many ask? Very few injuries and none to key players is the asnswer. Can you name their fourth string rb? We in effect started our fourth string RB, CB and o lineman every game. Do that with Burrows and see what his production is.

Two words: veteran leadership. When you have that on both sides of the line, your playmakers step up for the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    Qb play. Period some step up in the playoffs some turtle. You can’t blame coaching when before Lamar Harbaugh had a 10-5 playoff record since he’s 1-3.
    Back with a vengeance today

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk