Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Joe Hortiz interviewed for Giants GM job

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    Apparently it's Wink he wants to take with him, unfortunately.
    No, please take Harbaugh!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    Legendary or not, at the moment they’re irrelevant. The GM will be tasked with returning them to relevancy, and right off the bat will need a HC and QB to hitch his wagon to, and the Giants don’t have either one.
    That's the way it usually is when you take over a team. Flores has told people that's where he wants to go. Draft Carson Strong in the 2nd round and have him compete with Daniel Jones. They have 2 1st round picks in the top 7. Take the best OT and the best pass rusher. The resources are there. Cap space is the biggest challenge but it's not something that can't be overcome.

Their QB is/was a turnover machine, and is mistake-prone.

Their best WR doesn't get separation; has questionable professionalism; and will count $21M per annum against the cap over the next three years.

Their latest 1st Rd pick seems, um, immature.

Their best player is an RB on a walk year. Who wants to be the GM to decide to whether to pay him?

The Giants have no coach, no QB, but they do have nine draft picks and an extremely talented player with one foot out the door. Who wants to walk into that?

My initial impression: whoever takes the job drafts the safest OL available, trades their second 1st Rd pick for something in 2023, then spends 2022 taking inventory. Getting zanier: Barkley gets traded on draft day to the Dolphins or Bills.
    Last edited by Forgettable1; 01-17-2022 at 12:46 AM.

4. Re: Joe Hortiz interviewed for Giants GM job

Quote Originally Posted by jhoff66 View Post
    Hopefully he take Special Teams coach Chris Hewitt with him as head coach that way we get two third round picks again hahahahahaa
    Chris Horton* is the Special Teams Coach. Chris Hewitt is the Secondary Coach / Pass Defense Coordinator — one I like, and would prefer not to lose. Then again, the Ravens have a nice lineage of Secondary / Defensive Backs coaches throughout their history. Thus, I have full confidence in the franchise finding more along the way among the likes of Donnie Henderson, Dennis Thurman, Chuck Pagano, Mark Carrier & Teryl Austin, respectively.

Baltimore has been truly blessed in that area of each assembled coaching staff ever since 1999! However, I do not know much about current DB Coach, D'Anton Lynn. I would suppose that eventually, we could all theoretically find out. That is, in the event that Hewitt would receive whatever job offer to leave, therefore perhaps providing an opening for a promotion of Lynn — if the latter did not also hypothetically join Wink & Hewitt (et al.) elsewhere, of course.
    Last edited by ⋔ 4 ℞ ℞ $; 01-17-2022 at 04:06 AM.

Tell Hortiz that he must trade us that #7 pick of theirs if Hamilton falls to it. It’s the least he could do

6. Re: Joe Hortiz interviewed for Giants GM job

I’m not sure of his heritage, but does Hortiz qualify as a minority hire?

7. Re: Joe Hortiz interviewed for Giants GM job

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    No, please take Harbaugh!

Take all three of Harbaugh, Roman, and Wink. Give the Ravens job to Bill Belichick.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by simplesimon View Post
    Take all three of Harbaugh, Roman, and Wink. Give the Ravens job to Bill Belichick.
    I would be fine hiring Flores as the HC of the Ravens. They would do just fine with him.

“When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by CalRavenFan View Post
    I’m not sure of his heritage, but does Hortiz qualify as a minority hire?
    Interesting question. I looked at the wording, and, at least for the portion I saw, it said minorities and women but made no attempt to define either. Maybe they are defined elsewhere, or it's left at the discretion of the league or lawyers if it comes to it, to define what those mean.

Blog Entries

Hortiz is a white guy from Pennsylvania. He's not going to be a minority hire, lol.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

I hear he has as much or more Native American blood as Elizabeth Warren and she qualified for minority loans and grants, so you never know
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Hortiz is a white guy from Pennsylvania. He's not going to be a minority hire, lol.

Any word on when the Giants are going to make their decision? I hope they don't drag it out.