Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Joe Hortiz interviewed for Giants GM job

https://www.giants.com/news/baltimor...andidates-list

He's been with the Ravens for 24 years! He's essentially been here the entire time. I'm sure he'd be a big loss, but I'm also sure it's a well deserved opportunity and that he'll never get the chance here.

Blog Entries

Re: Joe Hortiz interviewed for Giants GM job

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Cactus View Post
    https://www.giants.com/news/baltimor...andidates-list

He's been with the Ravens for 24 years! He's essentially been here the entire time. I'm sure he'd be a big loss, but I'm also sure it's a well deserved opportunity and that he'll never get the chance here.
    I do agree, and the Giants aren't that far away as the crow flies. However, we don't know Joe's comfort level here, having worked under Ozzie and now EDC. We don't know the possible roots his family have in their community either. OTOH, he may see this as an opportunity of a lifetime in professional football and may not be able to turn it down (if he's their man for the job). Either way, I wish him well... Bc

Obviously, I don't know whether Hortiz does a good job but whenever I've heard him speak he comes over as smart and articulate (he actually comes over better than DeCosta in interviews and Pressers) so it seems like he'd be a big loss and probably do pretty well with the Giants.

I hope he gets the job and take GRo with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jfoh View Post
    I hope he gets the job and take GRo with him.
    Apparently it's Wink he wants to take with him, unfortunately.

Don’t take a job that isn’t set at QB and changes coaches every couple of years.

The Giants certainly have a wealth of draft capital... and not much else.

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    Don’t take a job that isn’t set at QB and changes coaches every couple of years.
    Gettleman was awful and they kept him for over 4 years so any half way competent GM might get quite a lot of rope in NY.

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    Hopefully he take Special Teams coach Chris Hewitt with him as head coach that way we get two third round picks again hahahahahaa

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I do agree, and the Giants aren't that far away as the crow flies. However, we don't know Joe's comfort level here, having worked under Ozzie and now EDC. We don't know the possible roots his family have in their community either. OTOH, he may see this as an opportunity of a lifetime in professional football and may not be able to turn it down (if he's their man for the job). Either way, I wish him well... Bc
    It's the Giants. They are one of the legendary organizations in sports. Fans forget that the Giants have the 2nd most NFL titles after the Packers and played in more NFL title games than any other franchise. This was team around for around 45 years before Super Bowl I. The owner is one of the most influential in the NFL and doesn't interfere. If anything he's crushed by how poorly his team has been since their last Super Bowl win. That's why for the very first time they are hiring GM with no ties to the Giants. They aren't even interviewing anyone for this job who had a relationship with the Giants. I just can't seen anyone being offered the Giants job turning it down. It's going to be a tremendous job for a GM. I don't think it will be as easy for the head coach but there isn't a better GM opening in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    It's the Giants. They are one of the legendary organizations in sports. Fans forget that the Giants have the 2nd most NFL titles after the Packers and played in more NFL title games than any other franchise. This was team around for around 45 years before Super Bowl I. The owner is one of the most influential in the NFL and doesn't interfere. If anything he's crushed by how poorly his team has been since their last Super Bowl win. That's why for the very first time they are hiring GM with no ties to the Giants. They aren't even interviewing anyone for this job who had a relationship with the Giants. I just can't seen anyone being offered the Giants job turning it down. It's going to be a tremendous job for a GM. I don't think it will be as easy for the head coach but there isn't a better GM opening in the league.
    Legendary or not, at the moment they’re irrelevant. The GM will be tasked with returning them to relevancy, and right off the bat will need a HC and QB to hitch his wagon to, and the Giants don’t have either one.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    Cool, we can bring Rex back.