Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Why is Steve Saunders still employed?

The outrage over Steve Saunders has been misplaced blame over injuries instead of his callousness for other people on the team being so careless about COVID rules. He should have been fired over knocking out several players from COVID which is the only injury prevention where he could actually control. No one will realize how fortunate this team was in avoiding injuries that last few seasons. This time we had bad injury luck so that's just how it goes.

Yeah I would have fired him over the Covid outbreak last year

Quote Originally Posted by davdes44 View Post
    I can see both sides of the argument for Wink and Roman but this guy I simply cannot. As a strength and conditioning coach, you cannot be patient 0 for something that detrimentally affects your players strength and conditioning. The amount of non contact injuries we suffered this season is insane and people need to realize that coming back and performing 100% after a season ending injury is the exception, not the norm.
    non contact injuries have nothing to do with strength and conditioning and if you're going to grade him on all the injuries we had this year, howabout how healthy we were in 2019 and for the most part 2020. We have been in the top 5 healthiest in 2019 and 2020 but among the least healthy in 2021 and our conditioning seems to be top notch.

Quote Originally Posted by mddisney1 View Post
    i agree with all of this, covid thing should have seriously eroded trust plus injuries this year have been very bad,. if some coach has to go, it has to be him front and center
    This was a serious issue, without a doubt, but Harbaugh gave him a huge amount of credit in 2019 as well, so there is that and I'm sure it was a big reason why they didn't fire him.

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    Sounds like more fire someone to fire someone talk at the end of a disappointing finish.
    There is clearly more to the injuries than bad luck

If it’s all luck why are ravens constantly in the league worst year end for IR players and the opposite end the healthiest teams there are teams consistently healthy the last three years

Bills
    Chiefs
    Packers
    Falcons

All finished three straight years in top 7 healthiest with least amount on IR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    There is clearly more to the injuries than bad luck

If it’s all luck why are ravens constantly in the league worst year end for IR players and the opposite end the healthiest teams there are teams consistently healthy the last three years

Bills
    Chiefs
    Packers
    Falcons

All finished three straight years in top 7 healthiest with least amount on IR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So what’s the acceptable tolerance? You fire Steve Saunders, another player gets hurt under the new guy, then what?

Quote Originally Posted by davdes44 View Post
    One of the main jobs of a strength and conditioning coach is help players with injury prevention. If your team led the league in injuries then its more than fair to say you did a bad job.

And lets not forget Judon calling for his firing PUBLICLY. I'm sure he first hand knowledge of the situation.

I just don't see how anyone can be in defense of this guy.
    Eh, IMO the job of the strength and conditioning coach is mostly to keep players in shape. You know, strong and well conditioned. These guys are without a doubt in great shape.

I’m just not sure if you can look at Saunders’ work, then Peters goes down non contact, and say hey Steve look this is how you could’ve prevented it this is what you could’ve done differently.

I think there is something wrong with this team and I'm not referring to the roster. Just so many head scratching decisions by management. Saunders should have 100% been fired last year. Lying to the team about his Covid and then spreading the infection throughout the building.

I don't know if this year's injury bug was dumb luck or a poor conditioning program. I just question why he wasn't fired last year.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFanMania View Post
    non contact injuries have nothing to do with strength and conditioning and if you're going to grade him on all the injuries we had this year, howabout how healthy we were in 2019 and for the most part 2020. We have been in the top 5 healthiest in 2019 and 2020 but among the least healthy in 2021 and our conditioning seems to be top notch.
    Muscular imbalances and flexibility issues absolutely have something to do with non contact injuries and most certainly do fall under the purview of the strength and conditioning coach.

I just looked at his photo on the team page...nevermind what I wrote earlier, he looks like a douche canoe fire him

Last edited by DmvRaven; 01-16-2022 at 01:01 AM.