Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Why is Steve Saunders still employed?

Hmmm. I don't know if they are getting the desired results.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Blog Entries

noticed this commercial during the game last night - predict and eventually prevent player injuries

https://www.nfl.com/playerhealthands...l-athlete-spot

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    So what’s the acceptable tolerance? You fire Steve Saunders, another player gets hurt under the new guy, then what?

I do not have an exact number on what the acceptable tolerance is, but I can tell you that the numbers are proving there is something wrong with how the Ravens are training or the players they are drafting and signing if they continue to finish among the top worst teams year in year out. Then on the opposite end of the spectrum teams like the Bills, Chiefs, Packers are among the healthiest.

Something is amiss with the process, players being drafted or signed. It cannot all be bad luck all the time.

Its why if I was the owner, I would hired a consultant firm to evaluate every process they can for a team like the Bills and see if there are any disparities with what they do .vs the Ravens and see what can be done to improve the health of their players.

One year ok Id give you the bad luck argument, but this has been consistently a problem.

It does seem to me we sometimes draft guys who are really injury prone. And in the case of Stanley, the signs were there. He was always dealing with nagging injuries. And then we sign him to a long term deal and got nothing out of him for two years. Yes ,you can't predict injuries but somebody on the team had to see that he was always getting banged up. And frankly some players are just tougher than others.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan55 View Post
    It does seem to me we sometimes draft guys who are really injury prone. And in the case of Stanley, the signs were there. He was always dealing with nagging injuries. And then we sign him to a long term deal and got nothing out of him for two years. Yes ,you can't predict injuries but somebody on the team had to see that he was always getting banged up. And frankly some players are just tougher than others.
    That’s why I hated the Orlando trade.

You need to put a value on reliability. Both played at elite levels, Orlando proofed he could play both sides at high level.

The guy never said he wanted out. He wanted to play LT and I think they paid the wrong guy. Stanley is great player but dude is always missing games

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Saw this article on Twitter and thought it was interesting. If you recall the 49er's had massive injury problems for several years. Ravens have anyone like this on staff?

https://www.si.com/nfl/2022/01/28/49...list-tom-zheng

An example: One player came into his office following a serious ankle sprain after getting rolled up on by a defensive lineman in practice early this season. He had a history of ankle discomfort. After reviewing a previous medical history and asking some pointed questions, Zheng came back with a report:

I noticed that, when you’re walking, you’re way stiffer on that right leg. Your hip isn’t moving quite as well. You’ve been telling me the hamstring is tight? Mechanically, I think the problem is coming from the ankle not moving the way it should, stiffening the hip, causing you to overload your hamstring.
    Bisciotti should offer this man a few million to come our way lol.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Saw this article on Twitter and thought it was interesting. If you recall the 49er's had massive injury problems for several years. Ravens have anyone like this on staff?

https://www.si.com/nfl/2022/01/28/49...list-tom-zheng

Bisciotti should offer this man a few million to come our way lol.
    Truth. I follow a page called Squat University on IG. I don't know if this guy is a doctor, physical therapist or what. But he breaks down a lifters mechanics much the same way. If I'm an owner of a team, I'm employing someone like this to work in conjunction with my medical staff.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFanMania View Post
    non contact injuries have nothing to do with strength and conditioning and if you're going to grade him on all the injuries we had this year, howabout how healthy we were in 2019 and for the most part 2020. We have been in the top 5 healthiest in 2019 and 2020 but among the least healthy in 2021 and our conditioning seems to be top notch.
    2019:

Tied for 5th most IR injuries with 21

2020:

2nd in the league with 45 players on IR

2021:

7th in the league with 52 players on IR

That doesn't scream very healthy to me

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFanMania View Post
    non contact injuries have nothing to do with strength and conditioning and if you're going to grade him on all the injuries we had this year, howabout how healthy we were in 2019 and for the most part 2020. We have been in the top 5 healthiest in 2019 and 2020 but among the least healthy in 2021 and our conditioning seems to be top notch.
    Absolutely not true. The wear and tear on your muscles depending on the type of exercise and or weights being lifted can absolutely cause injuries down the road even from non contact. I tore my knee from non contact before. I have a friend who tore his ACL from no contact and he never goes to the gym to lift or exercise.

2019 you say was healthy. They absolutely were not. They were 6th most injured team in 2019, 2020, and 2021.

In 2020 they were 2nd worst in the league with injuries.

The Ravens have finished the least healthy almost every year for the past couple of years.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/injured-reserve/2020/

Who’s going to be the injured player that we don’t have this week Saunders? It seems like it’s somebody new each week. And we haven’t seen this team full health 1 time this season. Why the fuck is he still here?

Blog Entries

I’m not sure who’s to blame but we see guys like likely who are fine and then get hurt mid week in practice.

Maybe do walk ball during the week

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!