Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Ravens 2021 injuries

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    There is more to this story than most fans think. I remember this being brought up few years back. I think 2019 was the healthiest season they have had in a while. I think I remember 2016-2019 I remember seeing something about the Ravens at that time being one of the most injured teams or players on IR. I think its why they fired and hired new strength coaches around that time.

Here is what I found but the website required a subscription for more data. One thing that stands out is they are in the top 10 three straight years with the highest number of players on IR by the end of the year. This is where I say, it cannot all be just bad luck. There has to be something to (Strength and conditioning, Training, Training camp, or they are just signing, drafting players with injury history) I do not know but I cannot believe three years running and it might be even worse if I could have pulled up data going further back.

Ravens list of IR players for three years.

2021 #2nd worst with (20 players) at the end of the year. Overall they were the 7th worst with a total of (52 players) throughout the year.

2020 #7th worst with (13 players) at the end of the year. Overall they were the 2nd worst with a total of (45 players) throughout the year.

2019 #20th worst with (11 players) at the end of the year. Overall they were the 8th worst with a total of (21 players) throughout the year.
    Part of that will be due to going into those seasons with Jimmy, Tavon and Elliot as part of the secondary. All 3 are more or less guaranteed to hit IR at somepoint. Then there are phantom IRs at the start of the season to preserve roster depth but those things will only affect the numbers at the margins. I can't think of many other Ravens players who are particularly injury prone to explain why it's consistently so high.

Whatever else it shows, those numbers make a strong case for moving on from Covid Steve as the Strength and Conditioning Coach.

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    Part of that will be due to going into those seasons with Jimmy, Tavon and Elliot as part of the secondary. All 3 are more or less guaranteed to hit IR at somepoint. Then there are phantom IRs at the start of the season to preserve roster depth but those things will only affect the numbers at the margins. I can't think of many other Ravens players who are particularly injury prone to explain why it's consistently so high.

Whatever else it shows, those numbers make a strong case for moving on from Covid Steve as the Strength and Conditioning Coach.
    Agree that the numbers suggest something is wrong. I hope they figure out whatever it is and finally fix it

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post

I agree. You can also lump Ronnie Stanley, Nick Boyle into that group. They all miss quite a bit of games too.

I think fans think 2021 was an anomaly but that is not the case. For years they have been among the league leading in guys on IR. For what ever reason its happening I think it deserves someone looking into it.

They should hire an outside consultant to come in and look at every process what they do and try and compare it to teams who might be always the healthiest.

If you look at the opposite end of the spectrum the past three years there are teams who have consistently been healthy. I only looked at the top 7 healthiest teams each year but these teams every year have finished with the least amount of players on IR consistently.
    Bills #1 team. Finished 3 straight years in the top 7 healthiest .
    Packers #2 team. Finished 2 out of 3 years in the top 7 healthiest.
    Chiefs #3 team. Finished 2 out of 3 years in the top 7 healthiest.
    Falcons #4 team. Finished 2 out of 3 years in the top 7 healthiest.
    Rams#5 team. Finished 2 out of 3 years in the top 7 healthiest.

Maybe they need to look at these teams and see what they are doing to

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    Sad part is we already got a head start on next year with Bowser’s injury
    Bowser being injured in early January I think its very likely that he is back for the start of the season, worst case would be start on PUP and be back in late October. James had the same injury and it was 7 months after the injury that he started practicing (but he never played in a game) Suggs was back from the same injury in 5-6 months. So i think having 9 months to rehab there is a very realistic chance that Bowser will be full strength to start the season.

Not a coincidence when you're a run heavy/physical team.

Not sure why people assume injuries will magically stop plaguing us next year.

Also should evaluate closely what's going on with conditioning and technique.

I up for whatever changes for strength and conditioning to get back to year 2019.

I think that was a fantastic season on the field because we think only lost two or three starters that year.

I remember damn this feels good this year and believe that’s the year they were world beaters , during the regular season.

Take that year out , i think we been dealing with tons of injuries every year.

Truly gonna be interesting this offseason because like everyone is coming back from a injury.

I’m sure someone or many wouldn’t be up to par ready by regular season.

I’m so intrigued with this offseason, i just hope we get it right for the future

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm pissed off for greatness!!

Twitter Bmore Finest