Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 25 to 36 of 69

Thread: Lock her up

  1. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Carroll County
    Posts
    4,832
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Lock her up

    Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    Well I work from home and my wife works just outside of D.C. so living in Baltimore City isn't really feasible lol

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    So where did you move?





  2. #26

    Re: Lock her up

    Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    So where did you move?
    A city in which my wife can drive to work within 20 mins on a reasonable traffic day.

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk





  3. #27

    Re: Lock her up

    Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    Also, why would I vote for a republican when I obviously want more socialism lol??

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Out of curiosity, are you a first generation immigrant to the United States?

    Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk





  4. #28

    Re: Lock her up

    Quote Originally Posted by TIGERBLOOD View Post
    Out of curiosity, are you a first generation immigrant to the United States?

    Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
    Yes, I was born in Jamaica.

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk





  5. #29

    Re: Lock her up

    Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    Yes, I was born in Jamaica.

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Why did your family come to America?

    Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk





  6. #30

    Re: Lock her up

    Quote Originally Posted by TIGERBLOOD View Post
    Why did your family come to America?

    Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
    Lol I'm not sure. I never asked. I should one day. I know my mom wanted to be a fashion designer. So that might be part of it. Her older brother was already here and had just started his job as a literal rocket scientist with NASA which is still pretty cool. But I really should ask one day.

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk





  7. #31

    Re: Lock her up

    Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    Lol I'm not sure. I never asked. I should one day. I know my mom wanted to be a fashion designer. So that might be part of it. Her older brother was already here and had just started his job as a literal rocket scientist with NASA which is still pretty cool. But I really should ask one day.

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Perhaps you should. I would bet it was because the economy in Jamaica had crashed and inflation was through the roof, causing massive poverty and hard living conditions.

    It wasn't always like that. When Jamaica gained her Independence their currency was $1usd to .77 Jamaican dollars. Now it's something like $1USD to $150 Jamaican dollars.

    Do you know why that happened? "Democratic Socialism". A new party was voted in promising "social justice" and reforms, and inacted economic policies that caused foreign investors to leave and never come back. Sound familiar, Mr. Bernie Sanders aupporter?

    https://justthinkingoutloud.tv/democ...a-vs-barbados/

    This is exactly why the Democrat party is importing millions of people from 3rd world countries. They flee socialist and authoritarian regimes to come to a prosperous free market economy like the United States only to vote for the same damn system they fled from.

    You really should speak with your parents about what it was like and why they left. It may enlighten you.

    Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk





  8. #32

    Re: Lock her up

    Quote Originally Posted by TIGERBLOOD View Post
    Perhaps you should. I would bet it was because the economy in Jamaica had crashed and inflation was through the roof, causing massive poverty and hard living conditions.

    It wasn't always like that. When Jamaica gained her Independence their currency was $1usd to .77 Jamaican dollars. Now it's something like $1USD to $150 Jamaican dollars.

    Do you know why that happened? "Democratic Socialism". A new party was voted in promising "social justice" and reforms, and inacted economic policies that caused foreign investors to leave and never come back. Sound familiar, Mr. Bernie Sanders aupporter?

    https://justthinkingoutloud.tv/democ...a-vs-barbados/

    This is exactly why the Democrat party is importing millions of people from 3rd world countries. They flee socialist and authoritarian regimes to come to a prosperous free market economy like the United States only to vote for the same damn system they fled from.

    You really should speak with your parents about what it was like and why they left. It may enlighten you.

    Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
    Hmmmm before I read the article, let me ask you something. I always bring up how the Nordic countries have implemented democratic socialism with great results, and the first rebuttal I receive is always the "those countries are nowhere near as big as the U.S.A." Apparently, I can't compare the results of policies from one country to the next on the basis of size.

    Yet you're telling me that using Jamaica, which has the population of your neighborhood, is a good example of why democratic socialism would be bad in the U.S.....which is it?

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk





  9. #33

    Re: Lock her up

    Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    Hmmmm before I read the article, let me ask you something. I always bring up how the Nordic countries have implemented democratic socialism with great results, and the first rebuttal I receive is always the "those countries are nowhere near as big as the U.S.A." Apparently, I can't compare the results of policies from one country to the next on the basis of size.

    Yet you're telling me that using Jamaica, which has the population of your neighborhood, is a good example of why democratic socialism would be bad in the U.S.....which is it?

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Strawman argument. Read the article. It compares Barbados to Jamaica. Apples to Apples.

    Denmark actually came out and told Bernie Sanders to stop calling them Socialist because they aren't. It's a bullshit argument. Sanders is not modeling off of a Nordic country. His vision is the Soviet Union. He worshipped the place.

    You are avoiding the topic. Socialism destroyed Jamaica. Socialism destroys everything.

    Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk





  10. #34

    Re: Lock her up

    Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    Hmmmm before I read the article, let me ask you something. I always bring up how the Nordic countries have implemented democratic socialism with great results, and the first rebuttal I receive is always the "those countries are nowhere near as big as the U.S.A." Apparently, I can't compare the results of policies from one country to the next on the basis of size.

    Yet you're telling me that using Jamaica, which has the population of your neighborhood, is a good example of why democratic socialism would be bad in the U.S.....which is it?

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Then move. Lol, you obviously think you will be on the winning side of socialism and not someone hauling dead weight with a worse quality of life. Poor bandc. Just a modern day serf. A feather blowing in the wind with no agency. Surely it couldn't just be life is just hard for 99.9999% of all people who ever walked the earth and we have to work hard all our livre to have anything. NO!?!? THAT COULDN'T POSSIBLY BE!!??





  11. #35

    Re: Lock her up

    Quote Originally Posted by TIGERBLOOD View Post
    Strawman argument. Read the article. It compares Barbados to Jamaica. Apples to Apples.

    Denmark actually came out and told Bernie Sanders to stop calling them Socialist because they aren't. It's a bullshit argument. Sanders is not modeling off of a Nordic country. His vision is the Soviet Union. He worshipped the place.

    You are avoiding the topic. Socialism destroyed Jamaica. Socialism destroys everything.

    Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
    But you asked why my family came to America, no? So the comparison you're trying to make is my land of origin vs my current home.

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk





  12. #36

    Re: Lock her up

    Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    Then move. Lol, you obviously think you will be on the winning side of socialism and not someone hauling dead weight with a worse quality of life. Poor bandc. Just a modern day serf. A feather blowing in the wind with no agency. Surely it couldn't just be life is just hard for 99.9999% of all people who ever walked the earth and we have to work hard all our livre to have anything. NO!?!? THAT COULDN'T POSSIBLY BE!!??
    Lolol orrrr....how about I stay, continue to promote my socialist ideals to everyone I know, and in the end, make this country a better place.

    It's easy to leave when you think things aren't going your way. The noble thing to do is stay and fight. That, my brother, is what I shall do

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Link To Mobile Site
var infolinks_pid = 3297965; var infolinks_wsid = 0; //->