Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Your Plan for Round #1 of the Draft

Trade up for Kyle Hamilton.

If he goes early or too expensive, Leal, Ojabo or top OL prospect on board.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Keep in mind that Aaron Donald is 280 lbs.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...D/DonaAa00.htm

The Ravens need a DL who can play the run and rush the passer, and not just occupy blockers. I am not concerned about Leal's weight.
    I meant Lindebaum, not Leal.

My half-baked opinions are barely warm yet, but if I could choose a first round scenario, Leal would fall to us.

I'd be surprised if the Ravens trade up in this draft. If they do, I expect it will be for a player they love who is still on the board in the 10-12 range
    I think Hamilton fits that bill as the kind of guy they would go after in that scenario.
    They have a ton of defensive and Oline needs and a sprinkling of other areas that could be addressed. Fortunately, there is a significant amount of defensive and Oline talent to be had in this draft.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous1 View Post
    I'd be surprised if the Ravens trade up in this draft. If they do, I expect it will be for a player they love who is still on the board in the 10-12 range
    I think Hamilton fits that bill as the kind of guy they would go after in that scenario.
    They have a ton of defensive and Oline needs and a sprinkling of other areas that could be addressed. Fortunately, there is a significant amount of defensive and Oline talent to be had in this draft.
    They gave up a 2nd and OBJ to move up a few spots to draft Oweh. I definitely would rather just stand Pat and neither move up or down this draft.

Quote Originally Posted by balbomb View Post
    Btw, seven round or even 3 round mock drafts are the silliest thing that anyone can put together. Would be much more helpful to just compile a list of players you would be pumped to see in a particular round. In the end, these mocks just always devolve into underutilized players from big programs.
    Thank You. This thread asks for a short post about round #1. It's strange how people insist on ignoring the subject of a thread.

Mock drafts are a particular bane - they should be reserved for a specific thread about mock drafts.
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

(AFCCG, January 2013)

6. Re: Your Plan for Round #1 of the Draft

I would probably have the following guys pretty high:

Tier 1
    Hamilton
    Ojabo
    Sauce
    Ekwonu
    Cross
    McCreary
    Stingley if he slips due to medicals and someone falls in love with one of these other corners.

Tier 2
    Booth Jr
    Kenyon Green - I actually have him in the area between tier 1 and 2 but just placed him here. I think he's a hell of a player, but I'm not sure the Ravens bite. I like him a lot though.
    Davis - I'd take him in a small move back scenario. I don't think he's great value at 14. Primarily a 2 down guy. I need more than that at 14. To be fair he's a monstrous two down guy but I'd want more at pick 14. But I don't want the Ravens to trade back. Take the best player that will benefit the team most at 14.

2022 mock draft with trade downs:

40. Perrion Winfrey DT Oklahoma

45.Roger McCreary CB Auburn

52. Sean Rhyan OT UCLA

57.Jordan Battle S Alabama

60.Daniel Faalele OT Minnesota

61.Devonte Wyatt DT Georgia

76.Alec LindstromOC Boston College

101.Isaiah ThomasEDGE Oklahoma

126.John RidgewayDT Arkansas

137.Alontae Taylor CB Tennessee

138.Yusuf Corker S Kentucky

197.Tyler Badie RB Missouri

243.Jack Sanborn LB Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by omar804 View Post
    2022 mock draft with trade downs:

40. Perrion Winfrey DT Oklahoma

45.Roger McCreary CB Auburn

52. Sean Rhyan OT UCLA

57.Jordan Battle S Alabama

60.Daniel Faalele OT Minnesota

61.Devonte Wyatt DT Georgia

76.Alec LindstromOC Boston College

101.Isaiah ThomasEDGE Oklahoma

126.John RidgewayDT Arkansas

137.Alontae Taylor CB Tennessee

138.Yusuf Corker S Kentucky

197.Tyler Badie RB Missouri

243.Jack Sanborn LB Wisconsin
    Man, we all love to post mock drafts but there is no point in doing it on every thread.
    It ain't pretty, but it's us.
    AND I'M HERE FOR IT ALL, BABY.

We were getting healthier...

Here is my big board. The top safety, OT and edge rushers are in the draft stratosphere and the Ravens have 10 picks so a trade ip is possible but to the top four - probably not. The LSU CB could conceivable fall to striking distance but he still seems out of reach, also. No WRs or QBs just ‘cause I don’t see it happening. There is a good ILB and RB I left off for the same reason, but how good is Breece Hall? Opinions seem to vary on the CBs in this draft - some have Elam as a top ten! A lot of corners overall and like with Humphrey, the one the Ravens like might not match how the pundits see it.

DeMarvin Leal 6-4 290 5T
    Fit: damn near a perfect partner for Mads. Could see him succeed in either end in the 3-4 sets or interior nickel and dime arrangements with the flexibility to make offense uncertain what his role is in a given play.
    Wow Factor: His all-around athleticism and versatility. Disrupts run and pass, high motor and IQ. Good speed. Was the centerpiece of one of the nation’s best defenses. Position flexibility.
    ?: Maybe gets a little too high sometimes and not great against double teams means he won’t get many true NT assignments. Is highly regarded as a top-ten talent so probably won’t get to #14.

George Karlaftis 6-4 270 Edge
    Fit: Ideal 4-3 DE but has the size to be a Joker OLB (the Suggs or McPhee role where being able to win often against the NFL’s best LTs is the job description)
    Wow Factor: High motor power rusher, First round athleticism, close combat fighter. Dials up the intensity on a line.
    ?: Can he get around the edge?

Ahmed Gardner 6-2 190 CB
    Fit: was a press corner in college with a caveat that his weight may preclude that success in the NFL. Looks like he could play outside and still be a problem for slot WRs during shifts.
    Wow Factor: combination of length, burst and twitchiness. Has real cornerback swagger. Nose for the ball. Former WR.
    ?: Needs a few burgers.

David Ojabo 6-5 250 Edge
    Fit: looks to be able to hold an edge on either side but seems maybe too similar to Oweh? Either way both of them on the same line may fundamentally overhaul the pass rush.
    Wow Factor: twitchy, explosive, balanced, bendy athletic freak who is capable of combining his assets.
    ?: Hands need work and his consistency is not great.

Tyler Linderbaum 6-2 289 OC
    Fit: Size is questionable but his athleticism will make this a good debate topic. Pick may hinge on plan for Bozeman.
    Wow Factor: Great speed and athleticism. Consistent intensity and intelligence. Excellence in multiple sports and was good at defense, too. Iowa.
    ?: Needs a few burgers

Nicholas Petit-Frere 6-5 300 OT
    Fit: scheme diverse but probably best fit as a zone scheme LT. Has played RT and LT in the same game
    Wow Factor: Athletic. Good NFL frame and all-around OL skills.
    ?: Occasional mental lapses

Jordan Davis 6-5 330 DT
    Fit: Considered best fit in 4-3 But known to be able to play in odd and even fronts. NT with flexibility to play 3 and even 5 technique
    Wow Factor: Huge man with speed, athleticism and strength who pushes interiors in. Dominates against the run and always draws double teams or crushes singles. Takes away space in the front of the pocket.
    ?: Getting pass pressure and sacks.

Charles Cross 6-5 300 OT
    Fit: Meh. considered an ideal zone blocking LT who can cut off backside rushers and is considered an excellent pass protector but not a run blocker. Doesn’t seem like a mauling Ravens RT but seems more like Stanley. Would Stanley’s health issues make this a desirable pick?
    Wow Factor: Quick feet and movement. Plays hard. Holds posture. Good hands.
    ?: Can get shed aside on runs and gives ground against power rushers
    Last edited by BlackBeak; 01-14-2022 at 01:24 PM.

Im not understanding the size concern for linderbaum. He is almost the exact same size as Jason Kelce who is first team nfl center

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Im not understanding the size concern for linderbaum. He is almost the exact same size as Jason Kelce who is first team nfl center
    Completely agree. Really good Centers need to be smart, mobile, ideally athletic, and have good functional strength. Additional weight to the detriment of the foregoing qualities would not be desirable. Linderbaum is likely fine the way he is.
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

(AFCCG, January 2013)

If the Ravens take a OT in the first then I think that says a lot about how optimistic they are about Stanley getting back to being a starting caliber LT.
    IF your DeCosta and your getting solid reports that Stanley is well on his way to recovery and that last year was a one off thing that was corrected, then at that point you have to lean more towards defense or if the Center is on the board take him.

If you have any degree of confidence Stanley can come back and be an effective player that means you have Mekari and James to play the RT and OT while nice for depth is certainly less of a need than say DL, OLB, CB etc.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis