Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1314151617 ... LastLast

Re: Your Plan for Round #1 of the Draft

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    I think would foolish not to look for DBs who match up well with Chase.....cornerbacks from Georgia or Alabama who have played him well before.... or even a small school. We're going to have to deal with him twice a year and possibly in the playoffs as well going forward.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
    I agree 100%. If a stud OL falls I would take him, but overall defense is a priority with Chase and Burrow in mind. Specifically the cornerback position. Even with a great pass rush Burrow lit up the Steelers with his ability to make quick decisions and get rid of the ball quickly. Interior pass rush IMO is more effective than an outside speed rusher against Burrow. With that said I would not take Davis at 14. He has 1st rd size but not 1st rd talent or skill in todays NFL.

If Linderbaum or one of the stud tackles are there, take em, but Booth and Gardner would be my top targets otherwise.
    Last edited by RavingMad; 01-23-2022 at 02:15 PM.

my plan options is for 1st round:

1- i hope there will a run on QBs in top 10 picks, push talent down, ravens can pick top OL and trade our 2nd & 2nd next yr for late 1st round pick and grab the top DL/EDGE. kind like what we did with LJ & hurst.

or

2- if there wont be any run on QBs this yr in top 10, we should trade down and pick extra picks, and still pick the BPA.

Reading this thread with interest. Always nice to see how us fans perceive needs and those with college game knowledge rate the picks.
    While I do't watch much college ball, as a Raven fan I have opinions on needs.
    I see Center and tackle as needs, DT, and pass rush as needs as well.
    The uncertainty at corner is concerning.

that said I don't agree with dropping in the 1st for more picks. the 14 is a good spot to get a guaranteed starter in my mind. the slew of picks in top 4 rounds is nice I feel that is where we get the best chance of long term players, 5-7th round are hwhere we get kickers and backups.
    If I could trade my 6th or 7th every year for a higher round the next I'd do it every time.

Reading the thread I see a lot of Tyler Linderbaum as the pick I actually like the idea of a generational Center at that pick.
    also: Kyle Hamilton (doubt he is there at 14), Ahmad Gardner, Trent McDuffie, Kaiir Elam as the pick. Like em all as choices to foil Edmonds.

I would love to see more descriptions of what guys fit scheme and what DT's would fit.

We need to build up both lines with youth and some corners.

New plan: OL or WR, nothing on defense

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    New plan: OL or WR, nothing on defense
    How about a stud TE and run the Roman offense at maximum power.

Blog Entries

watching these afc playoff games made me realize the pick should 100% be oline

you cant stop the great QBs,you just gotta be greater

give Lamar the tools he needs to excel

FIX THE OLINE
    Last edited by GullyGill; 01-24-2022 at 12:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GullyGill View Post
    watching these afc playoff game made me realize the pick should 100% be oline

you cant stop the great QBs,you just gotta be greater

give Lamar the tools he needs to excel

FIX THE OLINE
    Game is won in the trenches. Always has and always will.

More I think about it, the more I want Linderbaum at 14. Only lineman I like more is Ekwonu but he's flown up the boards over the past half of the college season. Linderbaum has some absolutely tremendous tape and I think he could wind up doing for our OL what Yanda did for us.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    More I think about it, the more I want Linderbaum at 14. Only lineman I like more is Ekwonu but he's flown up the boards over the past half of the college season. Linderbaum has some absolutely tremendous tape and I think he could wind up doing for our OL what Yanda did for us.
    I’d love him

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I get nervous when I hear about can't miss centers. Most of them do miss. (Cesar Ruiz, Garret Bradbury, Billy Price, Cam Erving) Then, if you think about the top centers in the NFL (Kelce, Linsley, Jensen) most of them were 5th and 6th round picks. Frank Ragnow and Ryan Kelly were the only 2 first round centers to hit since Travis Frederick years ago.

It seems like the NFL isn't great at scouting centers so I wouldn't want to use the number 14 pick on a 50/50 proposition (at best) at a fairly low value position.

Are there any D Linemen who we believe is worth the first-round pick, who would likely be available? Leal? Walker? even Davis if paired with Matubuike?
    Last edited by RevBarnes; 01-27-2022 at 02:32 PM. Reason: grammar