Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bias in officiating towards Ravens

Blog Entries

Re: Bias in officiating towards Ravens

Interesting because I feel like old Walt Coleman is one of the most disliked refs around here.

No surprise about Corrente, good fucking riddance when it comes to that bag of bones. Ridiculous that a 70 year old was officiating NFL games. Ridiculous.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Who was the one who got all bent out of shape about Harbaugh being maskless last season? That’s saying something when non-Ravens fans are noticing these garbage biased refs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Interesting because I feel like old Walt Coleman is one of the most disliked refs around here.

No surprise about Corrente, good fucking riddance when it comes to that bag of bones. Ridiculous that a 70 year old was officiating NFL games. Ridiculous.
    I have said for years that NFL refs all need to be younger and possibly an age range allowed. Like 30-50 or 25-50.
    They need to be able to keep up with the speed of the game better.

I think there is some definite bias from refs. I could not get the link to the full story to view all the teams to work

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    Who was the one who got all bent out of shape about Harbaugh being maskless last season? That’s saying something when non-Ravens fans are noticing these garbage biased refs.
    Wasn't it John Hussey?

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    I have said for years that NFL refs all need to be younger and possibly an age range allowed. Like 30-50 or 25-50.

I think there is some definite bias from refs. I could not get the link to the full story to view all the teams to work
    I fully agree there should be an age limit. I don't want to come across at ageist but I don't see how it's possible for a 70 year old to keep up with a game played by 20 year olds, at least in an officiating capacity. It's no wonder the NFL's officiating is so bad when so many of them should be spending their time in a retirement community in Florida in the winter months instead of out trying to officiate a game.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

"Malice in his heart."

*mic drop

This Sunday in OT we saw Diontae Johnson put a move on Jimmy Smith, Smith looking like his legs were caught in wet cement. THAT play suggested that age-related decline put him in a bad position to make a play.

Where's the similar play for officials?

Art Modell joked that full-time officials would spend their offseason doing what, exactly, getting their eyes examined?

The most consequential penalty in football is DPI. That's mostly a judgment call. Oftentimes there are two officials who view the play from different angles, confer, and confirm the call. Same goes for in-bounds/out-of bounds receptions, and for spotting the ball near the sideline.

Officials make plenty of bad calls. But I don't know how younger legs make for fewer helmet-graze "roughing" the passer penalties. The game is too fast for eyes, not the legs. That's why replay is not just in slow-motion but super-slow motion.

Sure, younger legs would mean being in a better eye position for a handful of plays. But the real problem isn't officials as much as it is the rules. The league is in less need of younger officials than it is need of less opportunities for officials to decide games.

The game needs fewer rules for the Officials to enforce.

Personally, eliminate 'Holding' along the line and in pass protection - on both sides of the ball.

I am seeing a lot of D linemen, tripping themselves when in contact with the O lineman in hopes (too many times successful) of getting a Holding call when they fall down.

If it is War 'in the pits' then let it be WAR - no holds barred.

I see Pittsburgh and New England are in the bottom 10, with the Patriots AT the bottom.
    Surprise, surprise.

Sent from my ass using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SouthSide View Post
    One thing that needs to be accounted for, but isn't, penalties called, but for a variety of reasons not enforced or accepted ie. offsetting penalties and/or multiple penalties on a team but only one is accepted. They are equally disruptive to the game but don't end up in the yards column.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post

Its why college refs are so bad .

I think officiating and replay reviews are only going to continue to draw out games. I Won’t be surprised if, like scoring plays, all passing plays become subject to review. Games would last 5-6 hours but hey- it would cut down on the DPI bullscheiße.