Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bryant Gumble....Worst Broadcaster Ever

I don't know what anyone else thinks, but personally I feel that Bryant Gumble did a terrible job of broadcasting out game last night. For him to call out a shutout and final with over 4 minutes left in the game in a 13 point game is ridiculous. I mean i know the odds are stacked agaisnt a team in that situation but as a broadcaster you are not suppose to begin pulling for shut outs and saying how it will be the first back to back shut out by a team since 2000. Just want to see what people think.

Re: Bryant Gumble....Worst Broadcaster Ever

O my God, him & Collinsworth were the worst ever & made me wish for some of those idiots on CBS we get stuck with. He was terrible & Collinsworth was so happy to be calling his teams game. What a Home, we needed Bob Trumpy in the booth to make it perfect!!! You could hardly hear Gumbel (or as PFT calls him, Kermit). The NFL stuck these games on their own network & have terrible camera work & terrible announcers. As someone who does have Comcast digital cable but cannot get the NFL network because I live in a former Adelphia cable area & am stuck because of the battle between COmcast & the NFL, I was looking forward to their game. What a major disappointment!!

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

Blog Entries

Truly. Gumble is absolutely the worst announcer I have ever heard. He is/was clearly out of his league doing color on an NFL game.
    Admin Steve :uk:
    Screwing up Ravens message boards since 1999.

I really didn't mind Collinsworth. He had a few worthwhile things to say about the game. And I'm surprised I liked him so much cuz for years now I haven't been able to stand him on the studio shows. His analysis of our lack of deep passing attempts at the end of the game (after Mason's TD) was spot on. As far as his Cincy background coming out, I thought it could have been much worse concidering the whoopin their defense was laying on us. What an egg.

As for Gumble, ugh. One thing to consider. I dont care if a runner gains 3 or 4 yards. Get it wrong if you have to. But if I hear "we'll call it 4, mayyyybe 4, I'll say 4, just about 4, or any other variation one more time- I'll kill.

Gumble is in a three-way tie with Dan Deirdorf and that idiot who used to do radio in Cleveland...Myron something?

All three would be better suited as mimes.
    ENFORCE THE 1ST AMENDMENT WITH THE SECOND, NEVER DISARM

Gumball has claimed he's not a play by play guy, & he's not going to change. So what the hell is he doing in the booth? Just a terrible combination in the booth.

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

I tried to watch the NFL Network game on Thanksgiving and had to turn it off. I am just glad we don't have anymore Thursday night games. Gumble is a horrible play-by-play guy, although I thought Collinsworth was good and insightful (I was pleasantly surprised). I think the best team I have heard all year was the 3 man booth that called the 2nd MNF game on opening weekend (Nessler, Jaws and Vermeill). Too bad they can't do more.
    Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less"--GEN R. E. Lee

The NFL network has to remove this dude. He is the worst broadcaster I have ever heard and he didn't have his facts straight. It amazes me that when the NFL network is trying to grow that they have a person on the air like Bryant Gumble.

Both of them suck, but Gumble is horrible. He actually makes me want to not watch football, which has never happened before.

- C -

Bryant Gumble....Worst Broadcaster Ever?
    In a word, yes.

Words can't describe how bad this guy is.

The NFL Network needs to do some major overhauling of their entire broadcast.

It's only their 2nd game so Im going to assume that they will make the changes.

PP

There are so many absolutely horrible announcers I wouldn't even attempt to rate them. When I stop to think about it, most of the time I shut the sound off and just watch. They talk to much, it is an obsession with all people in the media they can't stand to not be hearing their own voice. I really don't need some bozo telling me that Jamal Lewis carried the ball, I'm not blind and I can read the numbers myself.

I never liked Bryant Gumball in any capacity, either as an announcer, a host on the Today Show, or whatever. Chris Collingsworth had no business doing last nights game, given his bias, as a former Bengals player. He was grinning ear to ear everytime the Bengals made a play. It was disgusting. Frankly, I turned off the TV sound and tuned in to WBAL.

Shame on NFL network for hiring such inept announcers for a prime time game.

It was a miserable game with miserable announcers, both of them.