Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: United States of Venezuela

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Yes Sir. This spring buying 2 angus steers calves. Add them to my 30 or so chickens , freezer full of venison and I’m pretty good to go. Local farmer than grows corn on 6 of my acres is wanting to pay me in pork. lol don’t eat that much pork but …maybe trade land for Bacon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm jealous. I had 20 chickens but I'm down to 7. Need to start on the venison. Plenty of deer on my property. Trying to talk the Mrs. into getting a couple goats for milk and cheese but it's an uphill battle.

Do you have meat birds and layers or just one or the other? Right now I just have layers.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    All you guys talking about growing your own food, raising chickens and the like have great plans. If/when the shit really, really hits the fan, just remember to be ready, willing and able to defend it 24/7. Planting seeds, growing a garden, livestock, etc. is certainly a plan. Make sure it's a well thought out one. If you think for a minute that a man w/a hungry, starving family will hesitate for even a second to take you on to feed them, well......remember, 24/7. The buzzards will be eating just fine, I'm guessing.
    I got that part covered. Would prefer to live further off the grid though so I won't need as much ammo. Too many people in MD and not enough land.

3. Re: United States of Venezuela

Quote Originally Posted by TIGERBLOOD View Post
    I got that part covered. Would prefer to live further off the grid though so I won't need as much ammo. Too many people in MD and not enough land.

I seriously don't think many people have thought it through to the end. I've have many discussions w/folks over the last few years and some of the conversations were just, well, let's just say, not well thought out. I'll leave it at that.

Blog Entries

All you guys talking about growing your own food, raising chickens and the like have great plans. If/when the shit really, really hits the fan, just remember to be ready, willing and able to defend it 24/7. Planting seeds, growing a garden, livestock, etc. is certainly a plan. Make sure it's a well thought out one. If you think for a minute that a man w/a hungry, starving family will hesitate for even a second to take you on to feed them, well......remember, 24/7. The buzzards will be eating just fine, I'm guessing.
    I have as much freedom seeds to defend my garden as I do veggie seeds

I'm jealous. I had 20 chickens but I'm down to 7. Need to start on the venison. Plenty of deer on my property. Trying to talk the Mrs. into getting a couple goats for milk and cheese but it's an uphill battle.

Do you have meat birds and layers or just one or the other? Right now I just have layers.

Just layers. But when they slow down …dinner! Lol. We keep Rhode Island Reds. Thinking of getting some fryers this spring.

Goat milk is a tough sell. Kinda like butter milk. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I have as much freedom seeds to defend my garden as I do veggie seeds
    I hear ya. I’m pretty stocked with “Freedom seeds!” Love that. Stealing it by the way!

I seriously don't think many people have thought it through to the end. I've have many discussions w/folks over the last few years and some of the conversations were just, well, let's just say, not well thought out. I'll leave it at that.
    I’m actually looking for some live game to try out my AK on. 7.62 makes a nasty hole from inside 800 yds. Lmao.

8. Re: United States of Venezuela

I’m actually looking for some live game to try out my AK on. 7.62 makes a nasty hole from inside 800 yds. Lmao.

I'm sure, as do many. Just put a big ol' sign up, telling them freedom seed recipients to only come around when you're home and awake. While your sleepin', they be creepin'.

Yes Sir. This spring buying 2 angus steers calves. Add them to my 30 or so chickens , freezer full of venison and I’m pretty good to go. Local farmer than grows corn on 6 of my acres is wanting to pay me in pork. lol don’t eat that much pork but …maybe trade land for Bacon!

When's the pig roast?

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Sounds like the Mrs will have a job this spring/ summer. She can sell off some of these eggs and veggies she grows.

Gotta start making beer I guess to go along with the moonshine.

Hell yeah. Making beer is awesome. I can toss you some recipes if you need.

Show her videos of young goats. Hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by stevez51 View Post
    It's been going on for sometime. Just don't tell a democrat about it, they'll tell you their local stores are fully stocked.
    Stores around me are pretty well stocked... But wow have meat prices gone up.