Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 1213141516 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Draft Pick #14 - maybe #13

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    There are some good LBS coming out this year.

Chad Muma Wyoming
    Brian Asamoah Oklahoma
    Damone Clark LSU
    Devin Lloyd Utah
    Christian Harris Alabama
    Brandon Smith Penn State
    Christopher Allen ALabama
    Jesse Luketa Penn State

Georgia and Clemson all have 2-3 LBS who will probably be drafted.
    Darrell Beavers from Cincinatti and Leo Chenal from Wisconsin look good too.
    the only first round lb I think is nakobe dean, but I see it similar to queen, it would not be who I would target, I would go for a 6'2 or 6'3 250/260 with certain coverage skills

Re: Draft Pick #14 - maybe #13

Quote Originally Posted by ArgentinaRaven View Post
    Darrell Beavers from Cincinatti and Leo Chenal from Wisconsin look good too.
    the only first round lb I think is nakobe dean, but I see it similar to queen, it would not be who I would target, I would go for a 6'2 or 6'3 250/260 with certain coverage skills
    Alot of the LBS this year are on the smaller side, 220-235lb range from profiles I am looking at.

I have not looked at Leo Chenal yet. Cincinatti has a few good players this year.

3. Re: Draft Pick #14 - maybe #13

with so many very big TEs, good hands and strength, we need big, physical linebackers, I'm tired of seeing 3/4 ravens hanging from opposing players without being able to take them to the ground

with so many very big TEs, good hands and strength, we need big, physical linebackers, I'm tired of seeing 3/4 ravens hanging from opposing players without being able to take them to the ground
    Harrison has good size/speed combo (6’3, 250, 4.66 40). I think they need to give him some reps and try to get a return on the investment before repeatedly redrafting some of the same positions. A 1st and 3rd on Queen/Harrison needs more than 2 years before moving on and redrafting the position.
    Last edited by DmvRaven; 01-14-2022 at 09:11 PM.

5. Re: Draft Pick #14 - maybe #13

bynes, board, welch ended up playing more than harrison.
    that says it all about malik

He’s got to get reps. Too much capital spent for him to sit. Trial by fire if need. The young guy needs to learn and get better. We’ve been redrafting the same position too much without giving the drafted players enough time to possibly develop into something first.

What about him being shot in the leg?

Question - Our 14th pick is worth a late 1st and a late 2nd (e.g. Bills #26, #58, plus a little bit more)

Assuming such an offer was on the table, and that the trade would likely yield an additional starter, which players who would be available at 14, would be worth turning down such an offer?

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    I am not sure why you think ILB is not important. There has been a number of horrible tackles or lack there of a tackle with Queen whiffing on a tackle leading to big gains by the opposing team.

Queen did play better the 2nd half but there has been way more bad games then there has good. I hope he is trending upward with his play but there is still a massive room for improvement in his game.

They need help at every LB spot as Queen and Harrison are the only ones under contract except welch and Harrison was said to be moving to OLB from what I remember reading
    Nearly twenty years ago Rex Ryan was on a local radio station and was asked about the Ravens drafting Derrick Johnson, LB out of Texas. Ryan offered a Pfftt, commenting something along the lines that a Ravens linebacker has to do more than run; he's got to hit -- hit -- not merely tackle.

Patrick Queen gives the impression that he wants to run, and he wants to hit. But he doesn't give the impression that he loves the physicality of football. The physicality of the game -- even when on the losing end of it -- ought to energize a great linebacker.

Queen seems, um, clean. He seems to have some kind of front-runner way about him. He doesn't seem like a counterpuncher. He doesn't seem chippy or salty. Really, he doesn't seem like a Raven.

10. Re: Draft Pick #14 - maybe #13

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    What about him being shot in the leg?
    It wasn't a situation that helped him much, you can't justify that, people generally don't get shot.
    he is a professional, there are things that he has to give up when he receives a salary

Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable1 View Post
    Nearly twenty years ago Rex Ryan was on a local radio station and was asked about the Ravens drafting Derrick Johnson, LB out of Texas. Ryan offered a Pfftt, commenting something along the lines that a Ravens linebacker has to do more than run; he's got to hit -- hit -- not merely tackle.

Patrick Queen gives the impression that he wants to run, and he wants to hit. But he doesn't give the impression that he loves the physicality of football. The physicality of the game -- even when on the losing end of it -- ought to energize a great linebacker.

Queen seems, um, clean. He seems to have some kind of front-runner way about him. He doesn't seem like a counterpuncher. He doesn't seem chippy or salty. Really, he doesn't seem like a Raven.

Yes. Queen, and Brown for that matter. I can’t think of two other players in the history of the Baltimore Ravens franchise, at any position, that play as diametrically opposite of the mantra to “play like a Raven.” If anyone can think of two others that are even close, I’d be interested to read the names.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable1 View Post

The game has changed. Top LBs miss plenty of tackles, it's not only Queen. Lamar has so far made a career's worth of highlights out of leving LBs grasping air. KOH, who was supposedly drafted by Cincy to stop Lamar, has had as many if not more missed tackles than Queen in 2021.
    It ain't pretty, but it's us.
    AND I'M HERE FOR IT ALL, BABY.

We were getting healthier...