Page 1 of 18 123 ... LastLast

Draft Pick #14 - maybe #13

If you look at the standing the Ravens appear to be #14 in the draft order (based on teams with worse records than ours, including Miami even if they lose because they beat us and hold the tie breaker).

If New Orleans wins today I think we can even move to #13

The Ravens need to hit on this draft in a BIG WAY. No more Ben Masons - they better make the best of their 10 draft picks

Re: Draft Pick #14 - maybe #13

Quote Originally Posted by Cleo&Dilly View Post
    If you look at the standing the Ravens appear to be #14 in the draft order (based on teams with worse records than ours, including Miami even if they lose because they beat us and hold the tie breaker).

The Ravens need to hit on this draft in a BIG WAY. No more Ben Masons - they better make the best of their 10 draft picks
    I think you have Harbaugh to blame for that pick. It was strange they had draft day video for Ben Mason considering he was that late of a pick.

The Ben Mason and Wade picks are both picks that suck because they are already gone.
    This is my concern with 10 draft picks this year.

The Shaun Wade pick, DB is an immediate weakness of this team

I thought 14 was our ceiling and we needed Saints AND dolphins win to get there.

4. Re: Draft Pick #14 - maybe #13

Quote Originally Posted by Caps&Ravens View Post
    I thought 14 was our ceiling and we needed Saints AND dolphins win to get there.
    This. The Ravens cannot win a tie with any team they could tie (Strength of Schedule too strong). They will pick 14th-16th depending on how many wins MIA and NO achieve (1 spot lower for each win, I believe this is also true for ties).
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

You know EDC is salivating over how many times he can trade back and stockpile mid round picks. I have very limited faith he will have a good draft.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Caps&Ravens View Post
    Miami is 8 and 8 and if they lose they will wind up 8 and 9 (same as the Ravens). The Dolphins beat us this year - so I believe they would draft in the higher position even at 8 and 9

New Orleans is 8 and 8 and if they win they would draft higher than the Ravens (that's how I get the Ravens to #14). I'm not sure of the implication if the lose and wind up 8 and 9 same as the Ravens (this is my speculation for #13)

Even if I'm wrong #16 give them a hell of an opportunity to bring in top flight talent.

14 is best we can do. cleveland will pick higher than us due to SOS, even while finishing 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by mparis6345 View Post
    You know EDC is salivating over how many times he can trade back and stockpile mid round picks. I have very limited faith he will have a good draft.

He hasn’t really done that very much the last few years. They might even be within striking range of a trade up into top ten territory this year.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    I think you have Harbaugh to blame for that pick. It was strange they had draft day video for Ben Mason considering he was that late of a pick.

The Ben Mason and Wade picks are both picks that suck because they are already gone.
    This is my concern with 10 draft picks this year.

The Shaun Wade pick, DB is an immediate weakness of this team
    We traded Wade for a 5th and 7th round pick and have already improved these picks. We managed to draft well in a weak class.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBeak View Post
    He hasn’t really done that very much the last few years. They might even be within striking range of a trade up into top ten territory this year.
    Maybe he can draft the next Hayden Hurst. His draft choices again are not impressive.

If NO and Miami win the Ravens are picking 14th?
    That's decent.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFanMania View Post
    We traded Wade for a 5th and 7th round pick and have already improved these picks. We managed to draft well in a weak class.
    They havent improved anything.

One of those draft picks is in 2022 and other is in 2023

DB is a positional weakness of the ravens this year and moving forward that is the point. They never should have traded him.

Smith and Young are always out to injury and at some point every starting DB this year went down to injury.