Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: OT: Antonio Brown has always been this way

To be fair Brady probably has an ulterior motive for pushing the mental health aspect in his post game presser, as he's effectively vouched for Brown in order to get him on the team. If Brown is just 'A Cancer' then it makes Brady look bad and as if he doesn't care what Brown's done in the past as long as he helps him win.

As for him living with him, it's entirely possible that Brady's family isn't with Brady in Tampa given how often players, particularly those that don't expect to be with a team 'long term' (although it's got to the stage with Brady that who knows!) live away from their family in their new city during the season.

Blog Entries

Antonio Brown got a standing ovation at the Nets game. It sounds like fans are as nuts as Brown

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    You can get CTE anytime even in high school
    Yes, you can, but it’s a degeneration of the brain. It leads to you being more and more unable to do even the most basic daily functions on your own. Not being able to get fired and then go produce a high quality music video or leaving and then preparing for multiple business ventures at one time,

You hit the nail on the head my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by TIGERBLOOD View Post
    Some people need an excuse for everything. Its representative of the society we live in. Zero personal responsibility. Nobody is lazy, immoral, an asshole, etc. It's always because of some unprovable ailment or bogeyman.

Well unless you are Aaron Rodgers it seems.

You hit the nail on the head my friend.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    You can get CTE anytime even in high school
    It's amazing that CTE only surfaces with all the assholish things he does and his abusive attitude towards women.

Someone he's able to play football at the highest level in the world and memorize playbooks and run complex routes with precision but as soon as he does something wrong the fan bois come out screaming CTE.

That's seriously an insult to people that have CTE or mental illness. I'm not buying the mental illness shit as an excuse for his abuse of women also.

Sometimes there are just bad people in this world, and many times they are enabled by bullshit like this.

Quote Originally Posted by TIGERBLOOD View Post
    It's amazing that CTE only surfaces with all the assholish things he does and his abusive attitude towards women.

Someone he's able to play football at the highest level in the world and memorize playbooks and run complex routes with precision but as soon as he does something wrong the fan bois come out screaming CTE.

That's seriously an insult to people that have CTE or mental illness. I'm not buying the mental illness shit as an excuse for his abuse of women also.

Sometimes there are just bad people in this world, and many times they are enabled by bullshit like this.

You don’t even know the guy to be this judgmental about him.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Shaslers is certainly one of the most intelligent posters on this board. That said, in this case, what he has refused to accept (Largely because of the way we once came at him on this subject), is that we are coming from experience. The Doctors that he wants Brown to see, we have seen. He calls it a Neanderthal mentality when what we tried to explain to him that the Doctors who he wants Brown to see………..will actually have that same mentality. Because we’ve experienced it and it has helped us make the progress that we made.
    I don't deny that he has to take accountability for his treatment.

It's similar to someone with a debilitating heart condition whose doctors tell to take meds and lose weight. That person is accountable for his part in his treatment. But I'm not going to belittle him if he falters with his self care.

My Neanderthal reference relates to Bradshaw's comments about hauling Brown away in a straightjacket. I was equating it to some previous comments from some posters, which I considered to be insensitive and wrong.

I apologize if, in the past discussions, I appeared insensitive or arrogant regarding your own experiences, or the experiences of others, with brain trauma or mental health. Perhaps I'm guilty of a "yeah, but" type response, so that's on me.

But I suspect where we went wrong is making it a black-and-white issue. (I believe my point that the people around him back then were enabling him rather than helping him take accountability for the situation, but let's not rehash all that).

The point is, I never meant to imply that people should not be held accountable for their own mental health care. What I did mean to imply is that personal failure is not grounds for us ridiculing the guy, and toss him aside. It was the ridicule that caused me to bristle.

I'd argue that we should hold him accountable for his failings while at the same time show him some compassion for his situation. I don't think these are mutually exclusive positions.

We don't know if he even has mental health issues (previous debates centered around whether this is true or if he is just an asshole), but since we don't know one way or the other we have to give him the benefit of the doubt and assume that's what is at the heart of all this bizarre behavior, going back to his college behaviors, as you point out. That was a prior argument I made, and still believe.

And again, I think we can give him this benefit of the doubt, and the compassion that should come with it, without denying your point that he needs to be accountable for his part in overcoming it.

Regarding CTE, I'd rather just set that aside. It's an unknown on top of an unknown. While head trauma COULD be at play here, it really doesn't matter to me whether that's the cause or some other mental health issue is behind this; it doesn't change any of the above-comments for me.

Can we agree, or am I still missing the point as you see it?
    "That's what."
    — She

[
    .QUOTE=TIGERBLOOD;2207227]It's amazing that CTE only surfaces with all the assholish things he does and his abusive attitude towards women.

Thank you

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    You don’t even know the guy to be this judgmental about him.
    There is a enough bad reports, videos to prove exactly what he just said.

Brown is a scumbag and nothing more. Some people are just bad to their core and he is definitely one of them.

If he was not a pro football player he would probably be in prison. He has assault and domestic violence charges if I recall correctly.

Someone posted a timeline thing on Twitter sunday showing all the bad shit he has done since leaving the steelers and it was a long ass list.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    There is a enough bad reports, videos to prove exactly what he just said.

Brown is a scumbag and nothing more. Some people are just bad to their core and he is definitely one of them.

If he was not a pro football player he would probably be in prison. He has assault and domestic violence charges if I recall correctly.

Someone posted a timeline thing on Twitter sunday showing all the bad shit he has done since leaving the steelers and it was a long ass list.
    I don’t put AB in the same group of murderers, child molesters, etc. because of some childish antics and selfish behavior. You know, ‘bad people’ or whatever. All you see is what the media wants to cover, and there’s always more to the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    I don’t put AB in the same group of murderers, child molesters, etc. because of some childish antics and selfish behavior. You know, ‘bad people’ or whatever. All you see is what the media wants to cover, and there’s always more to the story.

It was reported He said bunch of Racist crap to Mike Mayock the Raiders GM infront of players and coaches. Thus why they got rid of his sorry ass. There is not media lies here.

Go google the videos of him he himself record saying a bunch of racist shit towards one of his baby mammas and the police. Go check out his twitter. The lawsuits.

This guy is a world class piece of shit and sooner or later will probably see in the inside of a prison cell. He already has assault and domestic violence charges.

He thinks he can say and treat people how ever he wants. He is a terrible person. His character is as bad as they come. Plenty of proof. I have watched the videos and seen his twitter.