Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Once again, congrats to the GOP

This has been the first democratic rulership that I've been fully cognizant of since I was in middle school/high school during Obama's years. I was drinking Capri Sun's and just learned how to tie my shoes so I didn't know anything.

I really hated the current democrats in office but the depths to which they're practically begging to lose all of their seats has me honestly quite astonished. Like, I knew none of them actually cared about any type of democratic policy, but to not be able to pass A SINGLE PIECE OF LEFTY LEGISLATION is truly at a new level of IDGAF. No marijuana reform, no police reform, no infrastructure reform, no environmental reform, absolutely nothing from the BBB bill, no student debt relief, no healthcare reform whatsoever, yet they somehow have the political will to pass a > $700 billion military budget and completely sell out to big pharma in ways we haven't seen since Obama sold out to Wall Street.

I truly believe the vast majority of my adult life will be spent in Republican rulership simply for this fact alone. We're in the she of social media and millennials/gen Z have full view of everything administration's do. We're no longer limited to having to watch cheerleading channels like MSNBC slobber over the DNC like previous generations did. If it wasn't apparent during the Obama administration, it should be fully apparent now that the GOP does at least a quarter of what they say they'll do while DNC could give a rat's behind about anything we care about.

The great Joe Biden/Manchin presidency

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Re: Once again, congrats to the GOP

Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    This has been the first democratic rulership that I've been fully cognizant of since I was in middle school/high school during Obama's years. I was drinking Capri Sun's and just learned how to tie my shoes so I didn't know anything.

I really hated the current democrats in office but the depths to which they're practically begging to lose all of their seats has me honestly quite astonished. Like, I knew none of them actually cared about any type of democratic policy, but to not be able to pass A SINGLE PIECE OF LEFTY LEGISLATION is truly at a new level of IDGAF. No marijuana reform, no police reform, no infrastructure reform, no environmental reform, absolutely nothing from the BBB bill, no student debt relief, no healthcare reform whatsoever, yet they somehow have the political will to pass a > $700 billion military budget and completely sell out to big pharma in ways we haven't seen since Obama sold out to Wall Street.

I truly believe the vast majority of my adult life will be spent in Republican rulership simply for this fact alone. We're in the she of social media and millennials/gen Z have full view of everything administration's do. We're no longer limited to having to watch cheerleading channels like MSNBC slobber over the DNC like previous generations did. If it wasn't apparent during the Obama administration, it should be fully apparent now that the GOP does at least a quarter of what they say they'll do while DNC could give a rat's behind about anything we care about.

The great Joe Biden/Manchin presidency

Nope! There will not be another Republican President in your lifetime. Remember, it doesn’t matter who casts the votes, but rather who counts the votes.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    Nope! There will not be another Republican President in your lifetime. Remember, it doesn’t matter who casts the votes, but rather who counts the votes.
    I mean we actually will always have Republican leaders. All of the dems are actually Republicans who just pick which corporate entity they're gonna sell out to during their reign

This is like congratulating a team that has 0 yards offense but wins by 22 on 11 safeties caused by the other team snapping the ball over the QBs head 30 times.

So, little has changed then.

(just kidding)

The longer you watch this process, the more you will find that the two sides are characterized by similar afflictions.

Neither can govern in a way that improves the state of the country. They are inept.

The left, because they cannot resist excess. As soon as they get their hands on the wheel, they begin driving the car into the ditch with wretched excesses like trying to force perverts into people's bathrooms, trying to assure that the country has no borders, and trying to teach such inane nonsense in schools that people are motivated to do something about it. (and that takes a lot)

The right, because they are essentially timid cowards so controlled by polling and conformity that they lack the courage to roll back the excesses of the left, and to re-establish the country's manufacturing base.

In the end they both promulgate the unchecked growth of the state, differing only in degree.
    Last edited by owknows; 12-21-2021 at 09:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by owknows View Post

(just kidding)

The longer you watch this process, the more you will find that the two sides are characterized by similar afflictions.

Neither can govern in a way that improves the state of the country. They are inept.

The left, because they cannot resist excess. As soon as they get their hands on the wheel, they begin driving the car into the ditch with wretched excesses like trying to force perverts into people's bathrooms, trying to assure that the country has no borders, and trying to teach such inane nonsense in schools that people are motivated to do something about it. (and that takes a lot)

The right, because they are essentially timid cowards so controlled by polling and conformity that the lack the courage to roll back the excesses of the left, and to re-establish the country's manufacturing base.

In the end they both promulgate the unchecked growth of the state, differing only in degree.
    Which is why I, despite being Conservative, remain Independent, and not Republican. The government is run by the Uniparty. Two wings of the same bird.

Sent from my ass using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Beerracuda View Post
    Which is why I, despite being Conservative, remain Independent, and not Republican. The government is run by the Uniparty. Two wings of the same bird.

Sent from my ass using Tapatalk
    Philosophically I'd call myself a libertarian (can't stomach the Libertarian Party though).

Generally find republican policy less objectionable than democrat policy...

Unfortunately they're both driving the car toward a brick wall.

One at 60mph.... the other at 95mph.

Quote Originally Posted by owknows View Post

(just kidding)

The right, because they are essentially timid cowards so controlled by polling and conformity that they lack the courage to roll back the excesses of the left, and to re-establish the country's manufacturing base.

Lol controlled by polling? Lmao what? Every populist left policy that Bernie ran on is completely shunned by the corporate dems. They don't care at all about what's popular.

The three things you mentioned above don't have any sort of popularity within the party, and those fringe ideas you just mentioned are just that, fringe foolishness that the establishment chooses to focus on to hide themselves from the fact that they are too corrupt to remotely care about fulfilling any type of actual popular lefty policy

Disregard my previous comment, I realize you were saying the right is controlled by polling. My comment is still truth however.

Lol controlled by polling? Lmao what? Every populist left policy that Bernie ran on is completely shunned by the corporate dems. They don't care at all about what's popular.

The three things you mentioned above don't have any sort of popularity within the party, and those fringe ideas you just mentioned are just that, fringe foolishness that the establishment chooses to focus on to hide themselves from the fact that they are too corrupt to remotely care about fulfilling any type of actual popular lefty policy

I'm still shocked that you support old white communist Bernie Sanders. Bernie loved the Soviet Union. They were the most racist country in the world. Russia still is by many accounts. There is zero diversity. Today's communist countries remain the most racist and least diverse places on earth.

How can you support that?

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TIGERBLOOD View Post
    I'm still shocked that you support old white communist Bernie Sanders. Bernie loved the Soviet Union. They were the most racist country in the world. Russia still is by many accounts. There is zero diversity. Today's communist countries remain the most racist and least diverse places on earth.

Ask any of the MANY Jews in the Baltimore area that fled Russia as youngsters how they feel about diversity in that country…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TIGERBLOOD View Post

Lol I would go back and forth with you all but you guys have absolutely no care for actual definition of words. According to you all, Obama was a fascist communist as well. You can't just run around calling everyone a communist and expect to have a rational conversation.

It's the same as all of the lefties calling Trump a fascist.....Words have definitions people